"the BBC at its BLM (Black Lives Matter) worst".

Started by Thomas, February 07, 2021, 03:44:46 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: B-4 on February 15, 2021, 06:11:54 AM
  They're actually worse than the SNP and literally have to go back hundreds of years for excuses,

never heard the snp going back hundreds of years for an excuse.

Is this some sort of weak reference to braveheart? :D

If you want to attack the snp , do some research into what they are about rather than making some oblique reference to historical excuses that dont exist.

Which is a bit rich coming from "the british" , who never shut the feck up about two world wars and a world cup and an empire that has been gone now for 70 years.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B-4

Quote from: cromwell on February 07, 2021, 04:18:51 PM
To be fair though most gospel singers are ermmmm? black, it's a bit like someone complaining that rabbis are jews :)
Yeah, but nobody cares.  It's just how it is.  This is the thing, the so-called organised BLM crusaders and the far-left idiots jumped into action the moment the cheque cleared, and for no reason whatsoever other than to expose their racial politics, criminal activities and violence (a dominance thing).  They're actually worse than the SNP and literally have to go back hundreds of years for excuses, even though many of them would be in a far worse position if it wasn't for the West's global outlook.  If it wasn't for the media working as their advertisers then more and more people would see that they have shot themselves in the foot.

Sampanviking

Well I am all in favour of doing a TV history of modern Israel with Menachem Begin portrayed by a Black Transgender screaming queen. I realise that adding a gay relationship with Yassar Arafat is probably pushing the boundary q bit, but I think if it was done tastefully and shown to be essential to the plot.....

Streetwalker

C5 are at it as well
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9250329/Jodie-Turner-Smith-transforms-Anne-Boleyn-look-new-Channel-5-drama.html

Apparently its now called 'challenging conventions '  . As the article goes on to say nobody will be watching this but the woke brigade

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 07, 2021, 04:23:24 PM

I think he was trying to make the point Cromwell that if there was a programme about Rabbis the BBC would make sure they found room for a few black faces somewhere regardless of whether it was a fit or not .
Wouldn't disagree though I did google white gospel singers and they're very thin on the ground,as it is though storm in a communion cup
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on February 07, 2021, 04:18:51 PM
To be fair though most gospel singers are ermmmm? black, it's a bit like someone complaining that rabbis are jews :)

I think he was trying to make the point Cromwell that if there was a programme about Rabbis the BBC would make sure they found room for a few black faces somewhere regardless of whether it was a fit or not .

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

QuoteGregory Campbell: DUP MP's BLM remarks over Songs of Praise 'irresponsible'

A Northern Ireland MP has been accused of "race-baiting" after describing the number of black people on an edition of Songs of Praise as "the BBC at its BLM (Black Lives Matter) worst".

A number of anti-racism and ethnic minority organisations have called on Gregory Campbell to apologise.

The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) MP made his comments in a Facebook post on 31 January.

He was referring to the Gospel Singer of the Year competition.

The five semi-finalists, judges and presenter of the programme last Sunday were all of a black ethnicity.

In the post, the East Londonderry MP wrote: "There were five singers, all of them black. There were three judges all of them black and one presenter who was incidentally, yes black.

"The singers were all very good but can you imagine an all white line up with an all white jury and presented by a white person? No I can't either."

Sinn Féin's Caoimhe Archibald said she has reported the comments to the standards commissioner at the House of Commons.

A statement, published by the North West Migrants Forum and co-signed by a number of Northern Ireland-based organisations, called on Mr Campbell to withdraw his comments and issue "a full public apology".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55970058