Project fear! What project fear?

Started by Nick, February 08, 2021, 12:30:31 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 12, 2021, 10:54:08 AM
Let us hope it is soon sorted out Tommy. A rising tide etc and we don't want the EU to be so poor that it can't buy such dreck as we are manufacturing or the money our City folk are flogging.

Still, maybe we can treat ourselves to a mild chuckle as the EU gets a swift kick in the nuts. :)

Where would this world be without politicians borkie?

Sometimes i think it would run like clockwork.

Completely agree , sometimes though as they say pride comes before a fall , and maybe thats exactly what the eu and certain others need , a swift kick to the nuts to bring them back down to earth.

Wont be surprised though if its the american democrats using the brussells muppets as a tool to tweak russian beards.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 12, 2021, 10:46:50 AM

FFS its all happening this morning.

A few people have poined out isnt russia a major energy supplier to the EU nations? ::)

Let us hope it is soon sorted out Tommy. A rising tide etc and we don't want the EU to be so poor that it can't buy such dreck as we are manufacturing or the money our City folk are flogging.

Still, maybe we can treat ourselves to a mild chuckle as the EU gets a swift kick in the nuts. :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 12, 2021, 10:47:08 AM
Lucky he did not hear all Ms West's comments which had to be bowderised for public consumption.

Apparently what she looked at the pile of new rules and regulations and said,

"What a load of shit. This is such shit that I would not flush this shit down the loo with my shit.

Still, one thing you can be sure of is that governments will always turn out shit. And we will just have to crack on and get the port running as we usually do."

And she did. Good lass.

Very little comment from our resident remainers now eh borkie ?

Happy when the boot is on the other foot , but nothing to say about good news stories like this?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 12, 2021, 10:28:51 AM

http://www.doverport.co.uk/about/news/traffic-continues-to-flow-smoothly-through-the-por/13575/

:D ;D

Quackers must be choking on his muesli at the minute.

Lucky he did not hear all Ms West's comments which had to be bowderised for public consumption.

Apparently what she looked at the pile of new rules and regulations and said,

"What a load of shit. This is such shit that I would not flush this shit down the loo with my shit.

Still, one thing you can be sure of is that governments will always turn out shit. And we will just have to crack on and get the port running as we usually do."

And she did. Good lass.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

QuoteRussia says it is ready to cut EU ties if hit with painful sanctions

FFS its all happening this morning.

QuoteMOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said Moscow is ready to sever ties with the European Union if the bloc hits it with painful economic sanctions, according to extracts of an interview posted on the ministry's website on Friday.

Relations between Russia and the West have come under renewed pressure over the arrest and jailing of Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny, which has sparked talk of possible new sanctions.

Three European diplomats told Reuters on Thursday that the European Union was likely to impose travel bans and asset freezes on allies of Russian President Vladimir Putin, possibly as soon as this month, after France and Germany signalled their willingness to move ahead.

Pressure for sanctions has grown since Moscow infuriated European countries last week by expelling German, Polish and Swedish diplomats without telling the EU's foreign policy chief, who was in Moscow for a visit. Paris and Berlin now say there must be a response.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-politics-navalny-eu/russia-says-it-is-ready-to-cut-eu-ties-if-hit-with-painful-sanctions-idUSKBN2AC0KY?il=0

A few people have poined out isnt russia a major energy supplier to the EU nations? ::)

Thomas

Thomas

QuoteIreland Asks UK To Share Extra Vaccines

QuoteSinn Fein leader Mary Lou McDonald said on Sunday, February 7 that the UK should share their extra Covid-19 vaccines with Ireland, and indeed with the rest of world, in the interest of "generosity and solidarity."

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/02/07/ireland-asks-uk-to-share-extra-vaccines/

Thomas

Quote Belgian law makes it harder for EU to enforce vaccine contract, say experts

EU officials are furious that AstraZeneca will not divert vaccines manufactured in the UK to fulfil a shortfall in the bloc's order.

EU citizens looking enviously at the U.K.'s rapid coronavirus jab rollout may ask why vaccine-maker AstraZeneca is going so much slower in the bloc. The answer (at least in part) may lie in the small print.

The company overestimated how many vaccine doses it could produce — blaming unforeseen production problems. But much to the fury of EU officials it has chosen to honor its British contract, and in Brussels' view, not the deal it struck with the bloc.

AstraZeneca is set to deliver 40 million doses of its jab in the first quarter of the year, far less than the 100 million it had promised. But instead of diverting supplies from elsewhere in the world — notably production facilities in the U.K. that appear to be operating effectively — the EU has faced a shortfall.

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-vaccine-europe-astrazeneca-belgium-law-enforce-contract/

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on February 11, 2021, 12:02:35 PM
... which I put down largely to the attitudes of many members of the public, especially macho type men.

Gosh Duckie, you can be such a bitch.

But I like it  :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

All the scare stories from so-called 'project fear' are starting to come true. Border problems with imports and exports,

QuoteTraffic continues to flow smoothly through the Port of Dover post-Brexit transition

QuoteA month on since the end of the Brexit transition period, the Port of Dover is pleased to already be welcoming over 90% of the freight traffic volumes typical of this time of year following the significant stockpiling experienced before Christmas.

This demonstrates that the Short Straits continues to provide the most resilient and preferred route to and from Europe.

After years of preparation with partner organisations in the UK and in France to ensure trade continues to flow smoothly, border systems are operating efficiently and customers are quickly getting on their way.

Sarah West, Chief Operations Officer at the Port of Dover said:

"I'm really encouraged to see such a positive start to the New Year as we adapt to the new systems and processes involved in a new, post-Brexit transition era.

Our operation has proved its resilience and flexibility in the past by successfully adjusting to many major changes in our external landscape and I have great confidence that it will continue to do the same.

The message to hauliers is that as long as you come to Kent border ready and with a negative COVID test, then it won't be long before you are on your way to France on the shortest ferry crossing.

My thanks go to our team here at the Port, our partners and customers for ensuring that together, we are prepared."

http://www.doverport.co.uk/about/news/traffic-continues-to-flow-smoothly-through-the-por/13575/

:D ;D

Quackers must be choking on his muesli at the minute.

DeppityDawg

which I put down largely to the attitudes of many members of the public, especially macho type men.

Definitely not you then?

Quote from: HDQQ on February 11, 2021, 12:02:35 PMBy "lily livered, limp-wristed liberals", I guess you mean intelligent, educated and caring people.

You are a laugh a minute, Quack Quack :D :D :D

Nick

All the scare stories from so-called 'project fear' are starting to come true. Border problems with imports and exports, fishing industry in crisis. The totally unforeseen covid pandemic, which, let's face it, is a much bigger crisis than Brexit was ever going to be, has hidden or postponed a lot of the problems to do with Brexit. Maybe Brexit has even helped us regarding the vaccination programme but then we did find ourselves in a worse place than any other European country in terms of cases and deaths, which I put down largely to the attitudes of many members of the public, especially macho type men.

By "lily livered, limp-wristed liberals", I guess you mean intelligent, educated and caring people. Says more about you than it does about anyone else.

Think you're a bit late with problems starting to come true, most of it's been and gone, and we're only into February.

As for cove deaths, you'll find Belgium and Slovenia are way worse than the U.K. deaths per 100K population but don't let facts get in the way.

I guess you mean intelligent, educated and caring people.. No, I mean the woke in society, the ones that are just waiting for a reason to be offended. You accused me of being rude, when challenged you just ignored it. If there is something you don't agree with you pull out the offended card. Nothing at all to do with education or intelligence, neither of which you know about me.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 11, 2021, 04:32:14 PM
Food prices will go up , we will all be  worse off !

Well somebody forgot to tell the supermarkets who are and always have been more interested in the competition than politics

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/sainsburys-takes-on-aldi-in-price-war-cost-of-250-everyday-items-including-meat-fruit-and-vegetables-will-be-slashed-to-match-german-discounter/ar-BB1dzTrc

:) :)

Before 31 January I laid in some essential supplies; 10 kilos of Lavazza Rosa ground coffee for me and two bottles of El Dorado 15 year old Special Reserve rum for madam. It was not really necessary. There is plenty of Lavazza coffee in Sainsbury's and the only reason Waitrose is short on the El Dorado is that rum wise, the Guyanese are the most disorganised sods who ever set up a distillery.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Food prices will go up , we will all be  worse off !

Well somebody forgot to tell the supermarkets who are and always have been more interested in the competition than politics

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/sainsburys-takes-on-aldi-in-price-war-cost-of-250-everyday-items-including-meat-fruit-and-vegetables-will-be-slashed-to-match-german-discounter/ar-BB1dzTrc

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 11, 2021, 01:48:40 PM
I think you're probably right,beebly logged on before but posted nowt,gerry is in hiding they've all gone to ground,you can guarantee though if something big and adverse breaks they'll be all over it.

obviously covid and the lockdowns are in part to blame , but on top of that remainers have run out of ammo .

Once we get out of the doom and gloom of this feckin lockdown and loss of freedoms we are all having to put up with , im sure things will return to normal.

Funny as feck though watching the eu make a balls up of the vaccines though.