Misinformation on social media is turning BAME groups against the vaccine.

Started by Thomas, February 12, 2021, 10:54:11 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 12, 2021, 01:02:01 PM
according to some report I was reading earlier people have been saving money hand over fist, so they will spend it when Covid ends later this year,

wishfull thinking from what i can see and hear.

Sure , there must be many of the middle class sitting making plenty of savings , but there are many more poorer people struggling with no savings and at their wits ends.

I think the media like to talk a good feckin game at times , but the reality often falls short.

Its a minefield of pros and cons this lockdown and general pandemic , and i defy anyone to predict the endgame in terms of how its has effected humanity in health and wealth .

I think , using my crystal ball , that the cons may just have outweighed the pros.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 12, 2021, 11:46:28 AM

The way i see it sheep , is the more that dont have this vaccine , the longer they are going to have an excuse to lock us all down.

So it is a no win situation.
Well one way or another it will have to be paid for, personally I think they are barking up the wrong tree with shouting about a vaccine, according to some report I was reading earlier people have been saving money hand over fist, so they will spend it when Covid ends later this year, so why are the government trying to raise funds by other means. I mean all those savings and central Bankers talking of negative interest rates. Follow the money comes to mind.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 12, 2021, 11:43:22 AM
Well to be honest, every single invention that is of any use was by a person or people who thought outside the box, so I never put people down for thinking completely outside the box, when most of your life will be spent having people trying to put you in a box and keep you there. So, if that is what they believe then fine, after all let's not kid ourselves it isn't the first time, they will have used mind control techniques or create mass reaction from thin air either. Same goes for those who live in the box of fear and trepidation if they want the vaccine be my guest, as otherwise it is a no-win situation.

The way i see it sheep , is the more that dont have this vaccine , the longer they are going to have an excuse to lock us all down.

So it is a no win situation.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 12, 2021, 10:54:11 AM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2021/02/06/croydon-became-hotbed-vaccine-misinformation/
Well to be honest, every single invention that is of any use was by a person or people who thought outside the box, so I never put people down for thinking completely outside the box, when most of your life will be spent having people trying to put you in a box and keep you there. So, if that is what they believe then fine, after all let's not kid ourselves it isn't the first time, they will have used mind control techniques or create mass reaction from thin air either. Same goes for those who live in the box of fear and trepidation if they want the vaccine be my guest, as otherwise it is a no-win situation.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

How Croydon became a hotbed for vaccine misinformation

Misinformation on social media is turning BAME groups against the vaccine. Community leaders say they expect the problem to get worse

When a TikTok user filmed himself shouting "liar" at England's chief medical officer in a London food market this week, the video gave a glimpse of the fevered Covid conspiracies spreading among young people on social media. 

Particularly in diverse parts of the capital, researchers are raising the alarm about online misinformation which is fuelling intense government mistrust and persuading Black and Asian minority ethnic (BAME) communities, already disproportionately affected by the virus, to shun the vaccine.

There are fears this is already having an impact. A study released last week by Nuffield Health, found just 20.5pc of black people had been vaccinated so far compared with 42.5pc of white people.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2021/02/06/croydon-became-hotbed-vaccine-misinformation/