progressive politics in england does not need scotland for anything.

Started by Thomas, February 12, 2021, 11:57:42 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on February 20, 2021, 10:49:15 AM
I think there might be a smither of truth there - people these days want sensationalism. They're fed up with boring politics so they vote for politicians who promise drama and disruption, even if it's worse for society. That's how Trump became president, that's how UKIP wrecked our membership of the EU, it's how Red Robbo destroyed British Leyland.

I thought you liberals were supposed to be progressive and forward thinking quackers?

Instead , like some rusty auld conservative , you pine back to days gone by  , tired stale two party politics  , and the world of yesterday.

New parties come on the scene and wreck quackers applecart. :D

Rather than sensationalism quackers is it beyond your mother wit  to even consider the fact the election of trump , brexit , snp or whatever upsets your luddite political view maybe , just maybe because people arent happy with your status quo ?

probably not.

Red robbo? FFS , how long ago was that? The guy passed away four years ago and i dont think i was even born when he was militantly active. :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on February 20, 2021, 01:24:04 PM
It's also probably why Corbyn destroyed Voters' support for Labour.
Although there's likely a few years to go before the next election, Starmer's done a credible job getting Labour back off the floor after losing the last election so badly. Plenty more to do, and perhaps Labour's most successful PM and leader of modern times, Tony Blair, might reform his team of advisers to come and help out...

Corbyn destroyed voters support for labour?

Well thats bollocks as everyone knows pat .Whats this....getting behind the pro eu starmer propaganda in the hope he gets elected in 2024 to take the uk back into the eu? :D

Lets investigate your claim about corbyn.

Im not fan of jeremy corbyn or labour as you all well know , but the idea corbyn destroyed voters support for labour just doesnt back up with reality.

We have discussed labours disasterous election campaign ochestrated by keir starmer and the pro european blairites many a time , where they tried to and spectacularly failed to pull the wool over the voters eyes to have another crack at overturning the 2016 brexit vote. More to the point  , we pointed out nearly two thirds of labours own constituenices were anti EU , and starmers disasterous policy helped destroy labour as the voters patience finally snapped.

Labours most successfull leader of modern times as you call him  , tony blair , left the labour party in dire straits which it has never recovered from . When Balir quit and handed over to brown in 2008 , he left the labour support at its lowest ebb for 25 years , and second lowest in a century.
Even in 2005, long before the crash, Blair had taken Labour below 10m votes for only the second time since 1935. The only reason he managed to win three elections with such a disastrously low vote was because the Conservatives at the time were the biggest shambles they've ever been in UK history, burning through leaders so fast we struggle to remember them all.

Blair's 413-seat landslide of 2001 would have lost to Boris Johnson's vote earlier this month by nearly three million. Even the great 1997 triumph would have fallen short by almost 500,000.

Even after the dreadful campaign that saw the Tories get their biggest majority since 1983, Corbyn leaves his successor with a Labour vote higher than the one that Blair won in 2005 with, a million higher than the vote Corbyn inherited from Ed Miliband, and two million higher than Gordon Brown got as Blair's heir.

In fact, if you rank every Labour leader since the war on the average vote they got in the elections they contested, Corbyn finishes two places ABOVE Blair, in the top half of the table with Blair in the bottom half:

QuoteOf course, elections are about winning. But the specific issue under debate was each leader's "legacy", and in that context Blair (who led a party united by success, while Corbyn had to front one that was in a poisonous and bitter open revolt against him more or less from the day he took over) is the second-worst Labour leader since World War 2, beating only Michael Foot.

That, however, doesn't fit the narrative the media wants to paint of Blair as an all-conquering hero and Corbyn as an extremist liability. Corbyn was an electoral drag this year for sure, but he still leaves the party a million votes (and hundreds of thousands of members) better off than he found it, while Blair left it two million WORSE off.

The facts speak for themselves regarding blair and corbyn.

I hope you are right though , and england is daft enough to vote for starmer to overturn the 2016 vote. Somehow i extremely doubt it .Keir starmer is without a doubt the modern labour party equivalent not of blair or wilson , but of the tories theresa may.

If keir manages to get out of bed in the morning and not fall over his feet in the process of going to the loo i think its a good day for him.

You carry on spouting propaganda though , and living in la la land.

patman post

Quote from: HDQQ on February 20, 2021, 10:49:15 AM
I think there might be a smither of truth there - people these days want sensationalism. They're fed up with boring politics so they vote for politicians who promise drama and disruption, even if it's worse for society. That's how Trump became president, that's how UKIP wrecked our membership of the EU, it's how Red Robbo destroyed British Leyland.
It's also probably why Corbyn destroyed Voters' support for Labour.
Although there's likely a few years to go before the next election, Starmer's done a credible job getting Labour back off the floor after losing the last election so badly. Plenty more to do, and perhaps Labour's most successful PM and leader of modern times, Tony Blair, might reform his team of advisers to come and help out...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2021, 01:14:20 PM

:D :D

Bloody hell Thomas every time I see that face I want to punch it,and now he's released his roadmap out of lockdown
https://institute.global/policy/lockdown-lessons-five-steps-should-guide-uks-new-roadmap
I wish he'd borrow Mark Thatchers roadmap and get lost.....only forever.
He's like the annoying kid in class who puts his hand up at every opportunity shouting Sir,Sir I know the answer......Yeah I do too......you're a T@@@.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on February 13, 2021, 02:25:16 PM
You have to feel a bit sorry for Tony. He is desperate to get back into the political arena. but Boris is not just a bigger crook, he is more fun  :) :)

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2021, 01:14:20 PM

:D :D

You have to feel a bit sorry for Tony. He is desperate to get back into the political arena. but Boris is not just a bigger crook, he is more fun  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

You know things are bad for the labour party when even Ed Davey and the limp wristed liberals are taking voters off labour.

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 13, 2021, 01:05:37 PM
In the 1930s Oswald Mosley's Blackshirts drew much of their support from the disillusioned working class class. Indeed, Mosley himself was once a member of the Labour party.

I dare say that Steve has grown tired of the endless failures and hypocrisies of the Brothers and Sisters, but even so, seeing him turning his coat is not a pretty sight.

:) :)

Borkie , you should hear them all , or whats left of the brothers and sisters , on social media. Now the polls are coming in thick and fast showing what a wet blanket keir starmer acutally is , they are screaming for a new  leader , or PR as FPTP isnt working for labour any more.

You have to laugh at the state of them.

QuoteWhich of the following would make the best prime minister?

Boris Johnson: 40% (+1)
Keir Starmer: 34% (-3)

Via @Survation
  5-6 Feb
Changes w/ 12-13 Jan

Steve wants to change the party from within so he says , so will stay loyal to the dream. :D

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2021, 12:50:38 PM
Not sure im understand the relevance of your emojis steve.

Are you now a union flag shagger in line with your beloved leader? :)

In the 1930s Oswald Mosley's Blackshirts drew much of their support from the disillusioned working class class. Indeed, Mosley himself was once a member of the Labour party.

I dare say that Steve has grown tired of the endless failures and hypocrisies of the Brothers and Sisters, but even so, seeing him turning his coat is not a pretty sight.

:) :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

im still laughing at this you gov poll from the other day steve.

Who would make the best Prime Minister?"
ALL VOTERS
Boris Johnson 33%
Keir Starmer 31%

WORKING CLASS
Boris Johnson 36%
Keir Starmer 23%

YouGov Feb 10

I think sir keir is gonnae have to climb down off that fence pretty soon isnt he?

Polls are dire for him and labour.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on February 13, 2021, 08:29:19 AM
Union Flag  Union Flag  Union Flag  Butt Kick  Butt Kick

Not sure i understand the relevance of your emojis steve.

Are you now a union flag shagger in line with your beloved leader? :)

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Thomas