Greene King Black Boy pubs renamed in 'anti-racist' move

Started by Thomas, February 13, 2021, 01:46:00 PM

« previous - next »

B-4

Quote from: srb7677 on March 24, 2021, 08:00:59 PM
And your great personal contribution to selling the virtues of the white gene pool is noted often, lol.
I know it will be more difficult to offer a credible argument to address my post, considering there is no moral, ethical or scientific basis to accuse all white people of being genetically racist, but the increasing immature and unethical attempts to smear those who take part in the discussion does get rather boring. 

Racism is all measured on perverse ideas of wealth and power, which is why they rely on words like 'privilege' and why only white people, in this insane scenario, can only be racist. As we can see it's genetic when it suits, too.  Of course, considering the Left are inconsistent and extraordinarily hypocritical then it can be anything that suits the propaganda their millionaire Woke leaders are going for.  Something which is easy when the only people who challenge it are smeared, attacked and usually cancelled, but at the end of the day it will only turn more and more people away.

srb7677

Quote from: B-4 on March 24, 2021, 07:18:52 PM
There's no debate, no discussion and no reasoning with the race obsessed virtue signalling rich.  Yeah it's true, unless you're an ordinary person without a multimillion dollar mansion, in which case you'll probably just want to throw up.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/14436772/meghan-markle-prince-harry-new-aide-racism/

"Genevieve Roth - who worked with Hillary Clinton - founded the social impact agency the Invisible Hand"

A fitting title, and clearly as malicious as it sounds.

White people are all genetically racist at a "cellular level".  Racism is a disease.  You can see where this is heading...
And your great personal contribution to selling the virtues of the white gene pool is noted often, lol.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B-4

There's no debate, no discussion and no reasoning with the race obsessed virtue signalling rich.  Yeah it's true, unless you're an ordinary person without a multimillion dollar mansion, in which case you'll probably just want to throw up.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/14436772/meghan-markle-prince-harry-new-aide-racism/

"Genevieve Roth - who worked with Hillary Clinton - founded the social impact agency the Invisible Hand"

A fitting title, and clearly as malicious as it sounds.

White people are all genetically racist at a "cellular level".  Racism is a disease.  You can see where this is heading...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2021, 10:51:59 PM

For me it's the historical value that is being torn down.
Like I've oft said, history isn't there to be liked or disliked, it's there to be learnt from. And at the rate we are going there will be nothing for my great grandchildren to learn from.

In my younger days I played in a band and did a gig in the great hall at Belsen, besides the fact it was an acoustic nightmare due to the ceiling being designed to allow Hitler to address his officers in his normal speaking voice, it was next to the concentration camp. A walk round the camp revealed many giant mounds with plaques stating 10,000 tote (German for dead) on them. I don't see the Jewish community screaming for links to this atrocity being removed from history, in fact they most likely want more on display in order that the world never forget.
Is it not the unknown soldier that has 'Lest we forget' as it's motto?
If the plaques were commemorating only Hitler and his achievements in lessening poverty and unemployment and not his treatment of "non-aryan" people, then they'd probably have been torn down by now. 
I believe some people in Britain are taking the wrong actions to rightly reclaim history. They see the memorials to some historical benefactors as ignoring the fact that their generosity came from the abject misery of others.     
Plus it might also be usefully remembered that the odd country parson drew the income from three of four slaves he owned across the Atlantic who were farmed out as agency workers. 
There's nothing wrong in remembering the full history. What's dangerous is thinking the past was idyllic and only others did anything evil — even if we've only recently acknowledged it as such...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

£50K a year for a support officer to help those effected through the difficulties of the name change .

Didn't see that job advertised in the Standard ........ Vote Labour , you know it makes sense  Rant Rant Rant

patman post

The Mail has resurrected a story from December 2020 about Labour-run Haringey Council deciding to change the name of Black Boy Lane, in Tottenham. London N15. Councillors are set to spend £186,000 of taxpayers' cash renaming a 300-year-old road. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9361963/End-road-Black-Boy-Lane-Officials-spend-186-000-rename-London-street.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 

The earlier story:

A London council has been accused of erasing history with its plan to rename the 300-year-old 'Black Boy Lane' after a late racial equality campaigner. Haringey Council decided to change the street name to 'La Rose Lane' after local poet and essayist John La Rose
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9031469/London-council-accused-erasing-history-plan-rename-300-year-old-Black-Boy-Lane.html 

The connection with this thread is that Black Boy Lane was almost certainly named after the Black Boy pub that the lane led to. So it's not a chicken and egg situation, more of what's in a name — and that is not clear...https://harringayonline.com/forum/topics/where-did-west-green-s-black-boy-name-come-from
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 04, 2021, 07:34:27 PM
I used to regularly visit friends in Sevenoaks town, and we used to regularly drink in the Black Boy in Bank Street. It's become a Shepherd Neame pub (certainly no problem there), but there's a move to rename it, which I think is unnecessary. OK, I was a joke for a while, but no one I met there thought the name derogatory.
Will the pub owner listen? I doubt it...

Shep and Neame ,Yes I recall their beers were always pretty strong when visiting Kent . Garden of England ? only if you grow hops  ;)
But yes I agree , nobody gives a shit what the pubs called as long as the beers good

patman post

I used to regularly visit friends in Sevenoaks town, and we used to regularly drink in the Black Boy in Bank Street. It's become a Shepherd Neame pub (certainly no problem there), but there's a move to rename it, which I think is unnecessary. OK, I was a joke for a while, but no one I met there thought the name derogatory.
Will the pub owner listen? I doubt it...

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 16, 2021, 08:29:54 AM
It obviously means far more to them than it does to us ,do we really care what the pub is called or who's likeness stands on a plinth in the city centre ?  Its not the  act of changing names or removing statues that grates but that it is done by minorities (often a handful of people) who have decided to be offended or in the case of the blackboy detected some racial slur on behalf of other people .

I don't think anyone would argue that the 'left' drive this agenda . Undermining democracy is the default position of the Labour party , a position that feeds down to the councillors and self appointed 'community leaders' that run our towns and city's into the ground while shouting social and racial justice for all .

It ends when we stop electing them in minor roles that  gives them too loud a voice .

For me it's the historical value that is being torn down.
Like I've oft said, history isn't there to be liked or disliked, it's there to be learnt from. And at the rate we are going there will be nothing for my great grandchildren to learn from.

In my younger days I played in a band and did a gig in the great hall at Belsen, besides the fact it was an acoustic nightmare due to the ceiling being designed to allow Hitler to address his officers in his normal speaking voice, it was next to the concentration camp. A walk round the camp revealed many giant mounds with plaques stating 10,000 tote (German for dead) on them. I don't see the Jewish community screaming for links to this atrocity being removed from history, in fact they most likely want more on display in order that the world never forget.
Is it not the unknown soldier that has 'Lest we forget' as it's motto?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2021, 10:55:26 PM
As I've said before, when are the Pyramids coming down? The colosseum, when does it end?

It obviously means far more to them than it does to us ,do we really care what the pub is called or who's likeness stands on a plinth in the city centre ?  Its not the  act of changing names or removing statues that grates but that it is done by minorities (often a handful of people) who have decided to be offended or in the case of the blackboy detected some racial slur on behalf of other people .

I don't think anyone would argue that the 'left' drive this agenda . Undermining democracy is the default position of the Labour party , a position that feeds down to the councillors and self appointed 'community leaders' that run our towns and city's into the ground while shouting social and racial justice for all .

It ends when we stop electing them in minor roles that  gives them too loud a voice .

Nick

As I've said before, when are the Pyramids coming down? The colosseum, when does it end?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 15, 2021, 03:49:34 PM
The Duke of Wellington will be next , can't have any reference to colonial Britain can we , time we started fighting back me thinks . Union Flag

Good point. Still Old Artie should be safe. He might have done well out of the empire, but he was Irish so should have Gerry on his side.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 15, 2021, 03:02:29 PM
How about all those Black Prince pubs? Maybe they could be renamed them The Archie, Earl of Dumbarton or maybe even The Meghan Duchess of Sussex.

No need to bother with Harry. He has turned into such a ball less wonder that he has probably forgotten how to wake up in a puddle of his own vomit and think, carrots? I don't eat carrots.

The Duke of Wellington will be next , cant have any reference to colonial Britain can we , time we started fighting back me thinks . Union Flag

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on February 14, 2021, 07:54:24 PM
Others could see this as 'whitewashing', like trying to erase black history in UK.

What about Greene King - shouldn't they remove all reference to 'green' before their dinosaur over-60 male clientele start thinking it's all a bit tree-huggy?

Come to think of it, 'King' is a bit sexist and to me, as a republic-ist, it sounds a bit monarchist too.

How about all those Black Prince pubs? Maybe they could be renamed them The Archie, Earl of Dumbarton or maybe even The Meghan Duchess of Sussex.

No need to bother with Harry. He has turned into such a ball less wonder that he has probably forgotten how to wake up in a puddle of his own vomit and think, carrots? I don't eat carrots.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!