Friendship of Boris and Jennifer

Started by patman post, November 18, 2019, 12:31:15 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Boris being just an old fashioned philanderer is no problem. But the fact he's a proved liar with loose association with the truth, and an inability to stick to promised dates and not dying in a ditch shows the danger of pacing the country in the position of Jennifer as he morphs into a new Winston and/or a British Trump...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=6460 time=1574102246 user_id=75
I bet you really don't like Mr Johnson given one of his mistresses had an abortion.

And how is that Boris's Bad? You can't just rattle this out without facts and links.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=6356 time=1574070402 user_id=89
Well publicised ones. But at least we know how many children he has, Boris seems to be unsure how many children he has.

How has how many children Boris got any relevance to politics? We don't care.

Nick

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=6354 time=1574069586 user_id=75
Imagine if it had been Jeremy Corbyn who'd had these allegations made against him. Would the reaction from the right have been so sanguine as it has been in regards to those made against with Mr Johnson? No a chance. There would be daily and shrill demands for his immediate resignation/inprisonment.

Mr Johnson can largely do whatever he wants, including breaking the law, as long as he remains conmitted to taking the UK out of the EU.

He is popular and not a terrorist sympathiser, he also doesn't advocate 1970's communist policies.

Ciaphas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=6462 time=1574102321 user_id=89Only one?

Well, one we know about

I guess the Conservatives are dropping family values as well as fiscal responsibility from their list of alledged attributes.

papasmurf

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=6460 time=1574102246 user_id=75
I bet you really don't like Mr Johnson given one of his mistresses had an abortion.

Only one?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Ciaphas

Quote from: Barry post_id=6451 time=1574098436 user_id=51
Fornication is immoral in my view. They've all been at it.  :thdwn:

Barry

Quote from: Borchester post_id=6452 time=1574099652 user_id=62
I am all for it, but can't help thinking that fornication is too good for any politician. That said, if Boris gets us out of the EU I think that he will be entitled to a little rumpy pumpy.

You're incorrigible, Borchester! :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=6451 time=1574098436 user_id=51

I am all for it, but can't help thinking that fornication is too good for any politician. That said, if Boris gets us out of the EU I think that he will be entitled to a little rumpy pumpy.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=6401 time=1574084261 user_id=75
He's divorced and re-married a few times but I'm not aware of him commiting adultary or breaking any laws.

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=6405 time=1574084840 user_id=69
I think most people vote for the party they prefer to run the country and whose policy's they agree with and support than the person who leads any party who can be replaced by their party or stand down at any time

I just vote tactically to keep a Tory out, they are the worst out of a pretty shabby bunch.

Ciaphas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=6402 time=1574084308 user_id=89
Tactical voting could get rid of him.

We can only hope but it looks like the Conservatives are biding their time for a big push just before the election.

I'm expecting the manifesto launch will be accompanied by a massive media and social propoganda campaign filling the public sphere with noise that will drown out any critique. I also expect a repeat of the Corbyn terrorist headline tactics which were employed in 2017 just before the election.

It's 'do or die' for the Conservatives. If they fail to secure a large enough majority to push through their hard withdrawal agreement they'll be in serious trouble.

Churchill

I think most people vote for the party they prefer to run the country and whose policy's they agree with and support than the person who leads any party who can be replaced by their party or stand down at any time
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=6399 time=1574083772 user_id=75
As much as it pains me to say so I can't see him losing unless something of immense reputational or legal consequence happened which meant leave supporters could no longer support Mr Johnson or the Conservative party, even if it meant Brexit not happening.

Tactical voting could get rid of him.

Ciaphas

Quote from: Barry post_id=6366 time=1574073380 user_id=51
Have you tried holding up Corbyn's private life up to the light?

Neither Corbyn or Johnson seem to have any morals.

By golly, I think that's not far off. Well done!

He's divorced and re-married a few times but I'm not aware of him commiting adultary or breaking any laws. The media tried to do a bit of character assassination when he became leader but that turned into a bit of a damp squib.

I recall a right wing tabloid interview with his neice who Mr Corbyn taken in for a time and she described him as being mild-mannered, kind and very interested in politics. Nothing particually surprising.