Bill Gates isn't crazy is he?

Started by Sheepy, February 16, 2021, 01:27:19 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on February 19, 2021, 07:22:04 PM
Not particularly Steve, you remind me of one of those people with the heart in the right place, but the head is driven by others voices.
I like to think that my heart is in the right place, but my head is my own, driven by my own experiences and ideals. I don't need others to think for me.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Not particularly Steve, you remind me of one of those people with the heart in the right place, but the head is driven by others voices.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on February 16, 2021, 05:52:26 PM
I doubt it, the woke crew are always in awe of him. They will be lapping up Bills beans.
I expect you include me as part of "the woke crew" yet I am not in awe of him. He is just another rich dude with an opinion and a bit of money he can throw at it. When it comes to climatology, I prefer to place my trust in scientists who have spent an adult lifetime in the field over Johnny come latelys like Bill Gates, however good the intentions might be.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quotealthough I imagine that someone will soon be along soon to assure me that he is.
I doubt it, the woke crew are always in awe of him. They will be lapping up Bills beans.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on February 16, 2021, 03:49:30 PM
LOL well that real Beef ain't done you no harm. I reckon he has it in for the Irish, you know what they are like over their beef, they will have to check his ancestry. Mind you he might have other reasons in mind, after all he has just bought up huge swathes of American farmland, at knockdown prices after Donalds trade war, but don't say anything we might not have noticed.
Not only that of course, he has the network chasing round in circles chasing their tail, trying to find a donkey to pin it on.
Gotta throw them a lifeline occasionally. Give them a day or two, they will be geniuses.

Good. I hope that Bill Gates is as rich as Croesus. In fact, I believe that he is as rich as Croesus. I can't see how he is taking any money out of my pocket, although I imagine that someone will soon be along soon to assure me that he is. 
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on February 16, 2021, 02:05:31 PM
Bill Gates is probably right. A while back we lived simple lives as hunter gathers and keeled over at an alarming rate from disease and starvation. Now we live the sort of long, comfortable lives that really piss off some folk who think that there is virtue in being uncomfortable
LOL well that real Beef ain't done you no harm. I reckon he has it in for the Irish, you know what they are like over their beef, they will have to check his ancestry. Mind you he might have other reasons in mind, after all he has just bought up huge swathes of American farmland, at knockdown prices after Donalds trade war, but don't say anything we might not have noticed.
Not only that of course, he has the network chasing round in circles chasing their tail, trying to find a donkey to pin it on.
Gotta throw them a lifeline occasionally. Give them a day or two, they will be geniuses.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on February 16, 2021, 01:27:19 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/bill-gates-rich-countries-should-eat-100-synthetic-beef/ar-BB1dJ4cT?ocid=msedgntp
Well absolutely not, apparently, but he says his private jet is OK because giving up that won't save the planet anyway. They are a laugh a minute.

Bill Gates is probably right. A while back we lived simple lives as hunter gathers and keeled over at an alarming rate from disease and starvation. Now we live the sort of long, comfortable lives that really piss off some folk who think that there is virtue in being uncomfortable
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/bill-gates-rich-countries-should-eat-100-synthetic-beef/ar-BB1dJ4cT?ocid=msedgntp
Well absolutely not, apparently, but he says his private jet is OK because giving up that won't save the planet anyway. They are a laugh a minute.