baff and Thomas and the numbers.

Started by Borchester, February 18, 2021, 10:11:59 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

On things for sure, is to ignore strong public opinion, in favour of independence for Scotland, in Scotland, will not make that opinion any the less a fact.
Ignoring it will only make the Scots, desire stronger. And the over all situation less tenable.

Nick

Not sure I know what you mean  :D
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

As we kept telling the remoaners Nick ,nothing ends until  till change

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2021, 12:05:21 PM
Question is:

If / when Scotland get another referendum, and if the result comes back the same is that the end of it?
I doubt it,the genie is out of the bottle....if it's leave then it's done if stay then it's how long before the next.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Question is:

If / when Scotland get another referendum, and if the result comes back the same is that the end of it?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2021, 10:11:59 AM
I would just like to say that like I suspect a lot of other posters, I had no idea what they were on about, but it was fun and can only hope they continue  :)

All fun and games borkie.

Baffled was just struggling with democracy  , so i had to help the poor wee cant brush up on the rules as hes never voted before so doesnt quite understand how it all works.

The welsh windbag gets it though.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19093487.boris-johnson-reason-support-independence-soaring-ex-labour-chief/

.."Boris Johnson is head of a government that is very English nationalist in its outlook," he told Constitutionally Unsound, the podcast by Edinburgh University's Centre on Constitutional Change.

"Very anti-Scottish, actually, and anti-everybody else from my perspective. If you keep on saying 'no' to democrats you give succour to people who are far more extreme.

"There are consequences of saying no to a democratic election result and that's something we should all bear in mind.

"How do you say in the long term 'no, no, no' when people in Scotland keep voting 'yes, yes, yes'? That's a fundamental problem that can only end badly."

Overturning democratic elections in scotland would put the uk government into very very dangerous territory.

Of course , we have been here with anti democratic westminster many many times before , and not just in scotland.

We all saw what happened when the westmisnter backed northern irish protestant apartheid state denied democracy , and how when citizens couldnt rely on the ballot box peace ended.

We all saw what happend in scotland over the last conservative ruling government from 1979 - 1997 , when they denied the 1979 yes vote on devolution , using the exact same tactics of ignore and hope it goes away.....scotland got its devolution twenty years later and their tactics failed.

We all saw both labour and tory remainer in westminster from 2016 - 2019 try and deny england it s democracy over a three year period...their own feckin people......and what happened? The tories had to jump ship , become a brexit party , and jettison prominent remainers and promise ( again ) to enact the previous referendum result.

Boris johnson is supposed to be a student of the classics....i like the classics too and im a student of history. The british rule book on how to maintain then lose and empire never feckin changes.

;)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2021, 10:11:59 AM
I would just like to say that like I suspect a lot of other posters, I had no idea what they were on about, but it was fun and can only hope they continue  :)

Abacus Bob who used to play in our golf society was another who couldn't count beyond 6 . Its fun for a while but in the end he still got 8 and slaughtered in the 19th  ???

Borchester

Algerie Francais !