Growing old: pros and con

Started by Borchester, November 18, 2019, 06:11:01 PM

« previous - next »

Churchill

As one get older some loose their sense of humour :roll:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=6480 time=1574106535 user_id=69
I bet he doesn't tell you as well :lol:

I don't need to know anyway.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

I bet he doesn't tell you as well :lol:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=6473 time=1574104788 user_id=51

Are grandchildren pros? They can be cons some days! :)

A friend of mine has a grandchildren avoidance plan over every Christmas time, he goes on a foreign holiday and doesn't tell anyone where he is going.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

There aren't many pros.

No mortgage because we paid it off.

Are grandchildren pros? They can be cons some days! :)

Cons are that everything hurts, especially in this cold weather. Head shoulders knees and toes, hips, oh - and never tell the doctor about any of this stuff, you'll never be free of an appointment or a packet of pills ever again.  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=6464 time=1574102602 user_id=48
Yeah I ain't really bothered about myself I just want to be able to support my OH.

Cons

Can't do the things I used to as I don't have the stamina though I do crack on with a job then am knackered for days.

I am knackered just thinking about all the things I am supposed to do. And I don't like suggesting getting someone in because even the thought of spending money is enough to break Madam's frugal Yorkshire heart.

Fortunately, my boy can manage most anything except listen to my helpful advice  :D
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=6457 time=1574100661 user_id=62
Pros

You don't worry about much. You know that most problems sort themselves out and if they don't then you are going to be dead soon and then it will be someone else's worry

Yeah I ain't really bothered about myself I just want to be able to support my OH.

Cons

Can't do the things I used to as I don't have the stamina though I do crack on with a job then am knackered for days.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Pros

You don't worry about much. You know that most problems sort themselves out and if they don't then you are going to be dead soon and then it will be someone else's worry

Cons

You seem to spend half your time piddling. I have just come back from my allotment where I intended to settle in with a pot of coffee and think about all the jobs I had no intention of doing, but no sooner had the cup touched my lips than I was running around looking for somewhere to pump ship. That is one of the problems that doesn't solve itself
Algerie Francais !