Environmental Science

Started by Sheepy, February 20, 2021, 10:07:03 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

QuoteIs there even a cut-off point where natural plant growth stop?

Never. All a plant needs for growth is sun light and water and in the tree huggers heaven the sun will rise twice a day and the water will be provided by Waitrose.
Algerie Francais !

grumzed

The idea is to reduce the CO2 in the air, not remove it all. There is a point of balance that existed for many thousands of years but which the world's industrialisation and population growth are responsible for disrupting. This has been somewhat belatedly been recognised and is being corrected. Whether the corrections are fast enough to stop major problems (e.g. huge sea level rises and major climate changes) remains to be seen (though probably not by you or I). One important counter balance is that although the world population is still rising (it has tripled from the 2.5 Billion in 1950) there is evidence that the rate of growth is reducing and may stabilise to about 11 Billion by 2100. However it is doubtful that the current measures will be fast enough to stop events like sea level rises and significant dramatic weather events.

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/environment/absolutely-ridiculous-top-scientist-slams-uk-government-over-coalmine/ar-BB1dQVP0?ocid=msedgntp

As the environment has now become a political science, I was wondering what happens when we are all eating Bills magic beans and green policies have saved the planet, meat is removed from the food chain and removed the excess carbon dioxide from the air we breathe, how will natural photosynthesis occur?
Is there even a cut-off point where natural plant growth stop?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!