Should zero Covid be the objective?

Started by Barry, February 21, 2021, 11:37:16 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on March 03, 2021, 10:46:30 PM
Are you denying that thousands have died of covid and believe the entire medical and scientific community are selling us a lie for some nefarious purpose?

If so, don't forget your tinfoil hat.
Stop making up things I haven't said or done, or I might agree with grumzed that people only see and hear what they want, of course I know why you cannot deal with the figures.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on March 03, 2021, 04:00:45 PM
Maybe, are you explaining the figures as listed or not?
Are you denying that thousands have died of covid and believe the entire medical and scientific community are selling us a lie for some nefarious purpose?

If so, don't forget your tinfoil hat.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on March 03, 2021, 03:40:08 PM
Hahaha, that made me laugh out loud.

Clearly you are in need of the tin foil hat.
Maybe, are you explaining the figures as listed or not?

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on March 03, 2021, 03:34:57 PM
That's good.  Can you share them out between everyone who wears a cloth mask to protect them from tiny invisible weapons of mass destruction?  😁
Hahaha, that made me laugh out loud.

Clearly you are in need of the tin foil hat.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on March 03, 2021, 03:17:54 PM
Next time I have time to post much here I'll bring some tin foil hats along for the usual suspects.
That's good.  Can you share them out between everyone who wears a cloth mask to protect them from tiny invisible weapons of mass destruction?  😁
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

srb7677

Next time I have time to post much here I'll bring some tin foil hats along for the usual suspects.

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on March 03, 2021, 10:19:40 AM
Anyway I thought as everyone was driven off on a Conspiracy Tangent, maybe you would like to explain.
Sorry, I thought it was clear.  Crude mortality rate per capita was more in 2003 than in 2020.  Age-standardised mortality rate per capita was more in 2008 than 2020.  i.e. it was proportionately worse in those years.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on March 03, 2021, 10:27:50 AM
That's the thing about statistics. People choose to compare 2020 figures with a low influenza year and hey presto, thousands of "excess deaths".
Compare it with 2003 and there are none. You should be a magician Sheepy, all those 120,000 deaths gone in a puff of smoke.
I don't know about that, but I do also know about year-on-year population growth.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on March 03, 2021, 10:19:40 AM
Anyway I thought as everyone was driven off on a Conspiracy Tangent, maybe you would like to explain.
That's the thing about statistics. People choose to compare 2020 figures with a low influenza year and hey presto, thousands of "excess deaths".
Compare it with 2003 and there are none. You should be a magician Sheepy, all those 120,000 deaths gone in a puff of smoke.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on March 02, 2021, 05:46:20 PM
Just to clear up the hocus pocus about 2020 being a bad year, here are the facts.

Crude mortality rate (per 100,000): 2020 = 1,016.20 ; 2003 = 1,019.90.

Age-standardised mortality rate (per 100,000): 2020 = 1,043.50.  2008 = 1,091.90.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on March 03, 2021, 08:55:47 AM
Yep , thats the labour party and their supporters , they dont want to listen , only shout at you .

That`ll be you on ignore now scott for hurting steves feelings.
Do you know, I get one of those feelings that when you vote for politicians, they offer up more freedom as part of your vote and a bigger part in the decision making, but all the historical evidence says you always end up less freedom and zero say. Nah that don't happen, it is all for the greater good.

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 on March 02, 2021, 09:00:44 PM
It's pointless debating with you.  You don't read what I post. 

Yep , thats the labour party and their supporters , they dont want to listen , only shout at you .

That`ll be you on ignore now scott for hurting steves feelings.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on March 03, 2021, 06:09:26 AM
Covid deaths are reported every single day. Pull your head out of your arse and you might notice instead of spouting rubbish.
So to conclude this wonderful and meaningful discussion: you don't know the meaning of 'conspiracy', conflate it with 'financial motivation', do not know the difference between 'with' and 'caused by', think that an 'actual' thing is different from a 'real' thing, refuse to answer any questions that I ask, but instead answer something else.  Hmmmm, the words troll and gaslighter come to mind, but I fear you won't know them.  I did hear that hash makes people paranoid, which might explain some things.

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on March 02, 2021, 09:07:29 PM
Thanks for that nugget of information.  So you mean an actual thing is a real thing.  🤣
You are conflating genuine conspiracies with idiotic and baseless conspiracy theories by fruitcakes.