The silence is still deafening

Started by cromwell, February 21, 2021, 11:35:35 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on February 21, 2021, 11:35:35 PM
Looking at comments sections in various parts of the press the best remain can do is deride any aspect of our govts vaccine progress that even the likes of Ursula admit we were faster out of the blocks.......on here what do we hear from them?.......not a word
What is there to complain about? Government getting something right for once?

Perhaps that's because they trusted the NHS instead of farming it out to various private sector shysters.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 22, 2021, 04:09:02 PM
But why would you have been up shit creek, you would have done exactly the same thing. approved the drug for use in the UK and purchased the drug early.
If you have a list of positives why not put them up.

Not a single EU country did this, why? Either they are stupid or they had their hands tied. Which one is it Gerry? Either way the U.K. is best rid of them.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on February 22, 2021, 12:26:27 PM
I dunno why are you commenting on this? :P If we'd have been staying we'd have been up shit creek without a paddle,like your beloved eu.
But why would you have been up shit creek, you would have done exactly the same thing. approved the drug for use in the UK and purchased the drug early.

Quote from: cromwell on February 22, 2021, 12:26:27 PM
The fact that they only want to see and comment on the negatives escapes you (like so much)
If you have a list of positives why not put them up.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on February 22, 2021, 09:45:40 AM
No doubt you were quick out of the blocks, being in the transition period last yr the UK had to abide by EU laws, luckily there is an EU law allowing member states to do exactly what the UK did and approve a medicine without having the EMA approve it first, any EU country could have done this. [highlight]Why do you think a remainer (which I'm not) should have an opinion on this as a remainer ?[/highlight]

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-matt-hancock-covid-vaccine-5287289-Dec2020/
I dunno why are you commenting on this? :P If we'd have been staying we'd have been up shit creek without a paddle,like your beloved eu.
The fact that they only want to see and comment on the negatives escapes you (like so much)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on February 22, 2021, 12:44:51 AM
Even the pound to euro is up to 1.16 and the pound to dollar 1.40.

It does not seem natural somehow.

"The pound's true golden days against the euro remain a fading memory. It peaked at €1.73 in 2000 and remained largely within the €1.40 to €1.50 range for much of the decade, until the credit crunch and banking crisis sparked a sharp slide in 2007 and 2008. The low point was $1.04 at the end of 2008."

Even the Daily Mail takes a step into UK reality occasionally...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on February 21, 2021, 11:35:35 PM
Looking at comments sections in various parts of the press the best remain can do is deride any aspect of our govts vaccine progress that even the likes of Ursula admit we were faster out of the blocks.......on here what do we hear from them?.......not a word
No doubt you were quick out of the blocks, being in the transition period last yr the UK had to abide by EU laws, luckily there is an EU law allowing member states to do exactly what the UK did and approve a medicine without having the EMA approve it first, any EU country could have done this. Why do you think a remainer (which I'm not) should have an opinion on this as a remainer ?

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-matt-hancock-covid-vaccine-5287289-Dec2020/

Borchester

Dunno.
I honestly did not think that things would work out so well.
I can manage the back to the wall, digging up the churchyards to grow spuds and even the well, I am going to get a hiding but you will know me the next time you look in the mirror bit, but I am not so sure about us going onward and upwards.

Even the pound to euro is up to 1.16 and the pound to dollar 1.40.

It does not seem natural somehow.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?