Social media threats to kill

Started by cromwell, February 23, 2021, 01:05:13 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on February 23, 2021, 01:22:10 PM
Only if you are rich enough to do so.
Wasn't it the public backlash and the withdrawal of advertising over phone hacking — particularly that of murdered Milly Dowler — that caused Murdoch to close the News of the World...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on February 23, 2021, 01:05:13 PM
I was reading yesterday that Piers Morgan  had messages sent via  (I think it was instagram) one of his sons accounts with threats to kill both him and his son.

Now he ain't my cup of tea but what is the matter with people who think the web is a place to threaten or destroy peoples lives?

It really is time to police it and hold to account people who think they can do this anonymously.
Agreed — though Piers Morgan is not innocent of publishing hurtful errors while editing the Sun and the Mirror, where he benefited (innocently, of course) by buying shares his "City Slickers" columnists had tipped...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on February 23, 2021, 01:15:04 PM
The gutter press destroys innocent people's lives which is why Leveson should be implemented.
Well at least the media are able to be held to account and don't hide their persona,Christopher Jeffries being one who quite rightly made them pay.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

I was reading yesterday that Piers Morgan  had messages sent via  (I think it was instagram) one of his sons accounts with threats to kill both him and his son.

Now he ain't my cup of tea but what is the matter with people who think the web is a place to threaten or destroy peoples lives?

It really is time to police it and hold to account people who think they can do this anonymously.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?