Keir starmer has broken labour in under a year

Started by Thomas, February 25, 2021, 10:30:42 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

I see the mutual backslappers are backing each other up again.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on February 26, 2021, 07:42:49 AM
We need electoral reform before standing outside the party becomes an electorally viable option.

So you keep saying but as i have pointed out many a time , i dont agree with you over this.

I understand why you are saying it , and the political mountain that FPTP stitch up is to climb  , but the SNP , and to a lesser extenet UKIP/brexit party in england showed that breaking the two party lab/tory tennis under FPTP can be overturned.

No new party in england that i could think of would ever face the hostility from the british parties and the british establishment that the snp have and do , so if the snp can triumph politically  , so could a new party in england.

Nothing will ever change if you shrug your shoulders in resignation and defeat before you have even tried. All you need is a bit of mother wit , and determination and patience.

No labour leader , and that includes the likes of corbyn had he triumphed , or tory leadership , will ever change the FPTP system voluntarily.

Apathy and the feeling of helplessness is the westminster partys greatest weapon in maintaining their stranglehold . So demanding electoral reform before you support a new party is a bit like putting the cart before the horse.

Then again steve this is typical labour party grroupthink to be honest .........the ususal "vote for us and we will promise you jam tomorrow."

When the jam never materialises , with all the accompanying puerile excuses , you then wonder why people wont vote for you. Thats why here and now in 2021 , the labour party and their jam tomorrow promises have run out of road  , and why you need a new party .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on February 25, 2021, 10:41:39 PM
Apart from that everythings fine?  :)
The comments from Thomas that I see because you quoted them I actually agree with. I share the damning indictment of Starmer and agree with it. My membership of the party is hanging by slender threads, and I remain purely so I can vote the right way internally when the time comes. I will not lift a finger to support or even vote for any Blairite or Starmerite candidate. But people like me leaving the party so that there is no longer any internal opposition to the current direction is exactly what Starmer wants. The party can only turn around if people like me remain. When Starmer is seen to fail that time may come. Outside the party lies only decades of oblivion, because it will take decades under FPTP to develop any viable alternative force in the face of media hostility. The nation cannot afford Tory government for that long. We need electoral reform before standing outside the party becomes an electorally viable option.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 25, 2021, 10:30:42 AM
Keir Starmer has broken the Labour Party in under a year

Keir Starmer has been leader of Labour for nearly one year. In that time, we have apparently lost over 100,000 members, now face multiple lawsuits, have seen bullying and oppression of members, literal blocking of any ability to discuss key issues or even the basic human right of voting against those in power in Labour, mass suspensions literally without reasons given, any time frame, any evidence provided, any representation or any appeal process. We have seen the literal breaking of the law, of Labour rules, of PLP standing orders, of the EHRC, ignoring our own legal advice, readmitting people who said horrific things about members and officials and-in their own words-allegedly actively tried to lose a general election; an attempt to cover up probably THE biggest political scandal in modern times re Labour leaks reports. We have seen the majority of Muslim people say explicitly they do not trust Starmer to deal with the racism they face in Labour, the targeting of Jewish members for suspension because they are left wing and the 'wrong type of Jew'....

We have seen the fury from the Kashmiri population, the disabled community, the Trans community, an appalling undemocratic 'removal' of democracy in Scottish Labour. We have seen compulsive lying almost as a default setting, the fury of the Black Lives Matter movement towards us, a decision to back landlords demanding interest on rents people cannot remotely now afford, a backtrack on environmental issues, a key launch of direction without ANY actual policies or substance at all apart from being "unashamedly pro business", reneging on the mandate elected on re pledges, ignoring our own legal advice to pay out to people, some of whom are alleged perpetrators in the Labour Leaks scandal, hired an 'independent' panel personally selected by Starmer to investigate, only to then permanently delay it while changing what they can investigate....

https://dorseteye.com/keir-starmer-has-broken-the-labour-party-in-under-a-year/
Apart from that everythings fine?  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Apart from that I just don't see what else he could have done  :-\

Thomas

Keir Starmer has broken the Labour Party in under a year

Keir Starmer has been leader of Labour for nearly one year. In that time, we have apparently lost over 100,000 members, now face multiple lawsuits, have seen bullying and oppression of members, literal blocking of any ability to discuss key issues or even the basic human right of voting against those in power in Labour, mass suspensions literally without reasons given, any time frame, any evidence provided, any representation or any appeal process. We have seen the literal breaking of the law, of Labour rules, of PLP standing orders, of the EHRC, ignoring our own legal advice, readmitting people who said horrific things about members and officials and-in their own words-allegedly actively tried to lose a general election; an attempt to cover up probably THE biggest political scandal in modern times re Labour leaks reports. We have seen the majority of Muslim people say explicitly they do not trust Starmer to deal with the racism they face in Labour, the targeting of Jewish members for suspension because they are left wing and the 'wrong type of Jew'....

We have seen the fury from the Kashmiri population, the disabled community, the Trans community, an appalling undemocratic 'removal' of democracy in Scottish Labour. We have seen compulsive lying almost as a default setting, the fury of the Black Lives Matter movement towards us, a decision to back landlords demanding interest on rents people cannot remotely now afford, a backtrack on environmental issues, a key launch of direction without ANY actual policies or substance at all apart from being "unashamedly pro business", reneging on the mandate elected on re pledges, ignoring our own legal advice to pay out to people, some of whom are alleged perpetrators in the Labour Leaks scandal, hired an 'independent' panel personally selected by Starmer to investigate, only to then permanently delay it while changing what they can investigate....

https://dorseteye.com/keir-starmer-has-broken-the-labour-party-in-under-a-year/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!