Unable to use quote function

Started by cromwell, February 25, 2021, 10:22:15 PM

« previous - next »

B-4

Their International aka Communist forum is manned by extremists who deactivate/corrupt the accounts of those whose opinions they disagree with.  I never saw abuse on there, just a load of people demanding everything should be banned.  Their EU forum is run by those who practice double standards.  Their leader will instigate the abuse and rely on the far-left to support them, which is why there's so much abuse.  Forum abuse is not good and is even worse when those who run the site are relying on it.  Merely challenging them will result in the response I have highlighted.  Neither are genuine politics forums by any standards.

patman post

∆∆∆ 
Not my experience, and I've seen some pretty wacky and frankly abusive posts there. Admittedly, I've had my account deactivated a couple of times. Not sure why, but it seemed technical rather than political, and I was back up and running quickly enough.
Perhaps those you mention were just too far beyond what's acceptable...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B-4

If you're referring to Siberian Fox forums then they do a lot worse than ban members.  They deactivate/corrupt accounts so the member cannot log in, whilst no one else is aware of it (all posts still exist and the account looks intact, so other members may even be expecting them to return).  They do this without explanation on both their International Communist forum and their EU forum posing as a UK forum. 

patman post

^^^Better to open up in my view.
One of the successor forums to BDF (certainly many ex-BDFers migrated to it) lets posters rip with little banning and light moderator intervention. Sure it gets input from across the political spectrum — from way out wacky on both Left and Right, through many nutters, to undeniably cogent reasoning of opposite opinions for almost any point of view on any subject — but it seems to work.
POL-TICS.COM is working well mechanically, thanks to Nick, and it has intelligent posters, mostly likeable, but it sometimes looks deserted, which seems a waste of Nick's time, and the effort of the others involved with its operation.
Just my opinion and no offence intended...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B-4

Quote from: patman post on March 01, 2021, 05:14:56 PM
It all seems to be working well now. And I guess you're owed a vote of thanks for sorting it and giving the forum a more pleasing appearance.
Here's hoping it attracts more posters — it might even get some remnants of the old BDF over from the dark side to liven things up...
The Left wouldn't tolerate it.  They would also move in and troll the place, whilst campaigning to have the site closed down using those draconian anti-opinion laws they're always supporting.  It's all totally partisan now, so maybe best to operate in the shadows.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 01, 2021, 05:14:56 PM
It all seems to be working well now. And I guess you're owed a vote of thanks for sorting it and giving the forum a more pleasing appearance.
Here's hoping it attracts more posters — it might even get some remnants of the old BDF over from the dark side to liven things up...

I have managed to get FB sniffing around now, just need to pursued them to go past the main page now.  😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 28, 2021, 10:49:39 AM
Did you get out of bed the wrong side again Nick  :D

Don't take everything so personally

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,2827.0.html

I'm fine thanks.

Members wanted the Forum open for guests to read, wouldn't want any potential new members thinking Admin tell members to Feckk Off no would we? 😉

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nick on February 28, 2021, 10:40:57 AM
And of course you're going to point everyone to that post aren't you?
No you're not cause it's not true.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side again Nick  :D

Don't take everything so personally

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,2827.0.html

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 28, 2021, 10:23:21 AMand Nick basically told me to feck off    

And of course you're going to point everyone to that post aren't you?
No you're not cause it's not true.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on February 26, 2021, 02:11:53 AM
Well, maybe if you use copy, paste and HTML Nick, but otherwise the quote function still seems a bit buggered

I bought this up ages ago, and Nick basically told me to feck off  :D :D :D

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on February 27, 2021, 11:45:22 AM
Thank God.

That makes all the difference.

Any idea when the quote selected txt will be up and running?
Haven't you got any watches to wind up :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on February 27, 2021, 01:47:41 PM
Can you confirm this is working for you now @Borchester?

It is indeed Nick. Well done. Top banana
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on February 27, 2021, 11:45:22 AMAny idea when the quote selected txt will be up and running?

Can you confirm this is working for you now @Borchester?

Nick