Unable to use quote function

Started by cromwell, February 25, 2021, 10:22:15 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

The quote function is fine, it's always been fine.
It's the quote selected txt that has stopped working.

Thank God.

That makes all the difference.

Any idea when the quote selected txt will be up and running?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on February 27, 2021, 12:13:13 AM
Congratulations to Nick.

Splendid stuff.

Mmh, when will the quote function be fixed?

The quote function is fine, it's always been fine.
It's the quote selected txt that has stopped working.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

QuoteBloody hell Borky give specsavers a go
Nick said this

Congratulations to Nick.

Splendid stuff.

Mmh, when will the quote function be fixed?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on February 26, 2021, 09:08:22 PM
Which doesn't quite answer the question.

If the site is closed, how is that going to arouse the interest of a casual viewer?
Bloody hell Borky give specsavers a go
Nick said this
Quotethings will be opened up again.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

QuoteWell now that particular members have decided they don't agree to follow the forum rules and have received a permanent ban things will be opened up again.

Which doesn't quite answer the question.

If the site is closed, how is that going to arouse the interest of a casual viewer?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on February 26, 2021, 08:18:19 PM
Fine for members, but my point is: how are you going to attract new posters without having the wares on display...?
Well now that particular members have decided they don't agree to follow the forum rules and have received a permanent ban things will be opened up again.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 26, 2021, 08:07:31 PM
Why is that strange? It is a deliberate act to stop banned members from browsing the site, and BTW it only came into force yesterday 25/02/2021. If you're a signed up member their is absolutely no reason to be trying to read posts without logging in.
Fine for members, but my point is: how are you going to attract new posters without having the wares on display...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on February 26, 2021, 03:20:44 PM
Quote works OK for me.

[HIGHLIGHT]What is strange though is that it is not possible to see the contents of the site unless a registered member.[/HIGHLIGHT] The only access is the table of Top Posters, Starters and Topics. Happens to me on iMac, iPad and iPhone on both Safari and Firefox.
Doesn't seem good for attracting more members...

Why is that strange? It is a deliberate act to stop banned members from browsing the site, and BTW it only came into force yesterday 25/02/2021. If you're a signed up member their is absolutely no reason to be trying to read posts without logging in.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on February 25, 2021, 10:22:15 PM
Hi nick Scott777has raised this,when he tries to quote he just gets message loading
He's lucky — three times this pm, clicking to post put me back to login...

It's just happened again at 18:24
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on February 26, 2021, 02:11:53 AM
Well, maybe if you use copy, paste and HTML Nick, but otherwise the quote function still seems a bit buggered
Quote works OK for me.

What is strange though is that it is not possible to see the contents of the site unless a registered member. The only access is the table of Top Posters, Starters and Topics. Happens to me on iMac, iPad and iPhone on both Safari and Firefox.
Doesn't seem good for attracting more members...

Borchester

There is an issue with the quote selected txt function I am aware of. I have removed it for now but the normal quote function is fine.

Well, maybe if you use copy, paste and HTML Nick, but otherwise the quote function still seems a bit buggered
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on February 25, 2021, 10:22:15 PM
Hi nick Scott777has raised this,when he tries to quote he just gets message loading

There is an issue with the quote selected txt function I am aware of. I have removed it for now but the normal quote function is fine.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?