Oh dear me, it is all going pear shaped?

Started by Sheepy, February 26, 2021, 10:28:16 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on February 27, 2021, 11:53:13 AMGalloway like salmond , is an orator , and thats about the only good thing i will say about the man.
Uncomfortably, I found myself agreeing with you. Then I realised I didn't need to agree because being a 'orator' isn't necessarily a good thing. Orators of various political persuasions have done a lot of damage as well as good in the past.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 27, 2021, 11:47:53 AM
Well Thomas I know you don't care much for him but that sounds much like George Galloways appearence before yankee senators.

Galloway like salmond , is an orator , and thats about the only good thing i will say about the man.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 27, 2021, 11:37:40 AM

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-longest-day/
Well Thomas I know you don't care much for him but that sounds much like George Galloways appearence before yankee senators.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 26, 2021, 07:38:49 PM
From a distance, it would seem Sturgeon has divided the SNP with her personal idealism over any thought for what the majority of SNP voters want anyway, I might be wrong because I don't have much to do with any of it, maybe it just seems that way.

Ive given her the benefit of the doubt sheep , but no more.

Thomas

QuoteIn the end the four-hour session ran for almost exactly six hours, and Alex Salmond looked like he could have done another six standing on his head. Now, it would be only fair to acknowledge that this site was on his side before the start, but by any rational objective assessment the former First Minister delivered the performance of his life.

(We use "performance" there in the Lionel Messi sense, not the Laurence Olivier one.)

The contrast with every other witness who's appeared before the committee was night and day. With Salmond there was no evasion, no hesitation, no forgetting, no "I'll get back to you on that in writing". (We recommend the Twitter feed of Scotland Speaks for some choice clips.)

Every question was answered fully, directly, fluently and immediately, without recourse to notes, and the content was never less than devastating from his opening statement to the final surprise bombshell. We were exhausted just watching it.

His words, tone and body language all absolutely radiated candour, solemnity and honesty. When the SNP members tried to trip him up on some arcane point or other, he was on them like an extremely calm hawk, methodically tearing their assertions to ribbons with the correct fact or quote at his fingertips, and ice in his veins.

Salmond came across like a man who'd been planning this day for almost a year and wasn't going to mess it up. And he didn't. Heavens, how he didn't.

It would be a hopeless task to try to sum up even a tiny fraction of what was covered. Goodness knows how many articles we've already written detailing the events of the last two years, and it was all gone over again blow by painstaking blow today in the Robert Burns committee room.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-longest-day/

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 26, 2021, 07:04:48 PM
I for obvious reasons was never a fan,however if it is as you describe (and I have no reason to doubt it) as an individual I wish him well.

Sadly shit sticks,it cannot be escaped that he was found not guilty in a court of law,the underhand slurs that being found not guilty doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Really by that logic being found guilty doesn't mean it did in other cases so they should be released,I find the those slurs a disgrace and an excuse to blacken a character for political and personal gain.

The slurs by sturgeon and her lackeys are of course a fecking disgrace as you say cromwell. She used a covid briefing last week to smear salmond on the telly , basically saying he was guilty in her view despite being acquitted overwhelmingly in a  court of law.

14 charges remember cromwell , 12 not guilty verdicts , one not proven and the other laughed at and thrown out of court.

Im not a lawyer cromwell , but that is unheard of in a scottish court , or at the very least a once in a lifetime rarity.

Clearly its been some sort of a botched stitch up , or at the very least the most calamitous performance of the procurator fiscal i have ever heard of .

As salmond said in the commitee hearing , he has kept quiet for the last two years, but after listening to sturgeons attempted character assasination on live telly , then that silence ended yesterday.

I think she is in trouble , and if it can be proved she misled the scottish parliament then she is a goner. Either way i think her days are numbered.

Sheepy

QuoteAll will be revealed , but just to reiterate , hopefully sturgeon resigns mate ,( personally speaking) but we( indy supporters) arent going anywhere.
From a distance, it would seem Sturgeon has divided the SNP with her personal idealism over any thought for what the majority of SNP voters want anyway, I might be wrong because I don't have much to do with any of it, maybe it just seems that way.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 26, 2021, 06:30:04 PM
From 12.30 this afternoon, Alex Salmond will attempt to tell the people of Scotland the truth about what happened to him in the last two years – a grave injustice which saw an innocent man have his reputation dragged through the gutter, be placed under incredible personal stress, be left greatly impoverished by proving his innocence, and then have the jury's verdict endlessly traduced by the media and a gang of criminal conspirators protected from the consequences of their lies by lifelong anonymity.

His job will be a difficult one. Every single person in the room will be bitterly hostile to him – the four Unionist committee members because he's Alex Salmond, and the others because he represents a deadly threat to the First Minister.

The inquiry's convener – a woman sacked by Salmond years ago – will attempt to prevent him from presenting large swathes of evidence, despite having made him swear to tell "the whole truth". The SNP members will try to run down the four-hour session with questions designed to only deflect from the real issue – the actions and behaviour of the Scottish Government. Andy Wightman will probably just cry.

We'll be extremely surprised if there aren't some attempts to slyly re-try Mr Salmond and paint him as a guilty man who cheated justice, and to drag up salacious details of the allegations in an effort to smear him in front of the cameras.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-lions-den/#more-127008
I for obvious reasons was never a fan,however if it is as you describe (and I have no reason to doubt it) as an individual I wish him well.

Sadly shit sticks,it cannot be escaped that he was found not guilty in a court of law,the underhand slurs that being found not guilty doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Really by that logic being found guilty doesn't mean it did in other cases so they should be released,I find the those slurs a disgrace and an excuse to blacken a character for political and personal gain.

Thomas

From 12.30 this afternoon, Alex Salmond will attempt to tell the people of Scotland the truth about what happened to him in the last two years – a grave injustice which saw an innocent man have his reputation dragged through the gutter, be placed under incredible personal stress, be left greatly impoverished by proving his innocence, and then have the jury's verdict endlessly traduced by the media and a gang of criminal conspirators protected from the consequences of their lies by lifelong anonymity.

His job will be a difficult one. Every single person in the room will be bitterly hostile to him – the four Unionist committee members because he's Alex Salmond, and the others because he represents a deadly threat to the First Minister.

The inquiry's convener – a woman sacked by Salmond years ago – will attempt to prevent him from presenting large swathes of evidence, despite having made him swear to tell "the whole truth". The SNP members will try to run down the four-hour session with questions designed to only deflect from the real issue – the actions and behaviour of the Scottish Government. Andy Wightman will probably just cry.

We'll be extremely surprised if there aren't some attempts to slyly re-try Mr Salmond and paint him as a guilty man who cheated justice, and to drag up salacious details of the allegations in an effort to smear him in front of the cameras.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-lions-den/#more-127008

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 26, 2021, 11:30:56 AM
It wasn't so much the trial verdict as when Alex said, Christ Nick, do we have to have this every bloody month?

As far as I can see, a significant number of Scots want independence, support Wee Krankie  and think that she is a major pain in the arse. However, we won't know until we hear from our northern correspondents.

Over to Tommy and Moray..

Didnt you watch salmond on the telly today borkie to get a feeling of what is going on ?

After all , his evidence was on many different major news channels including bbc parliament sky news and the bbc.

All will be revealed , but just to reiterate , hopefully sturgeon resigns mate ,( personally speaking) but we( indy supporters) arent going anywhere.

Unionists will be fighting against scottish independence every single election until one day.....it happens.

Borchester

It wasn't so much the trial verdict as when Alex said, Christ Nick, do we have to have this every bloody month?

As far as I can see, a significant number of Scots want independence, support Wee Krankie  and think that she is a major pain in the arse. However, we won't know until we hear from our northern correspondents.

Over to Tommy and Moray..
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 26, 2021, 10:28:16 AM
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/snp-divisions-grow-sturgeon-enrages-202911653.html
If you don't do as we say, we will break up the UK, we will start a world war and stage manage a pandemic, carry on then, what a fine job you are making of it. I still ain't wearing the mask.
Well Sheeps not sure what your post has to do with the link,but the link is as they say very interesting.

Sheepy

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/snp-divisions-grow-sturgeon-enrages-202911653.html
If you don't do as we say, we will break up the UK, we will start a world war and stage manage a pandemic, carry on then, what a fine job you are making of it. I still ain't wearing the mask.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!