Johnson throws down four-question challenge to Corbyn

Started by Borchester, November 19, 2019, 10:43:25 AM

« previous - next »

Churchill

Quote from: T00ts post_id=6559 time=1574163320 user_id=54
What is everyone hoping for? That the two of them will come to blows? The whole thing is a charade.

If Corbyn brings knee capper McDonnell along one never knows, or the fat gabby bloke from the SNP sneaks in  :lol:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

Quote from: Borchester post_id=6547 time=1574160205 user_id=62
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/18/itv-election-debate-boris-johnson-throws-four-question-challenge/">//%20https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/18/itv-election-debate-boris-johnson-throws-four-question-challenge/%20%20

Generally speaking I find these debates a bit pointless. Boris is always fun to watch but not particularly informative. And Corbyn is just, well, Corbyn.

But apparently  BoJo will ask Wurzel if he will

(a) vote to leave or remain in a second referendum

(b) back Labour conference policy to extend freedom of movement

(c) reveal how much extra he would pay the EU for market access

(d) guarantee every Labour candidate would back his Brexit policy.

I may even watch it, it may get interesting but I doubt it if Corbyn does his usual and ducks questions which he already has on the first two
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Borchester

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=6563 time=1574164403 user_id=70
Although a lot of people will watch, I bet most will form any opinion about it from press and TV and radio reports...

A friend once told me that she was writing an article on the poor state of UK schools.

How, I asked, do you know that the schools are in a poor state?

Because, she replied, the press says so.

Yvonne dolly, I responded, you are the bloody press. How do you know if what you are writing is true?

And she smiled sweetly and wrote the article anyway.

I reckon that about the only folk that take any notice of the press are the press and a few very old fashioned politicians.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: T00ts post_id=6559 time=1574163320 user_id=54
What is everyone hoping for? That the two of them will come to blows? The whole thing is a charade.

Although a lot of people will watch, I bet most will form any opinion about it from press and TV and radio reports...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=6548 time=1574160703 user_id=89
I also find the debates useless because questions are vetted before they are asked.

But don't you want Leveson II implemented with extra control of the press? Shouldn't questions be carefully vetted to ensure they are not unfair or skewed in the questioner's favour? Which way do you want to go with the press? More freedom or less?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Boris would not like the questions I would put to him.

I also find the debates useless because questions are vetted before they are asked.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/18/itv-election-debate-boris-johnson-throws-four-question-challenge/">//%20https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/18/itv-election-debate-boris-johnson-throws-four-question-challenge/%20%20

Generally speaking I find these debates a bit pointless. Boris is always fun to watch but not particularly informative. And Corbyn is just, well, Corbyn.

But apparently  BoJo will ask Wurzel if he will

(a) vote to leave or remain in a second referendum

(b) back Labour conference policy to extend freedom of movement

(c) reveal how much extra he would pay the EU for market access

(d) guarantee every Labour candidate would back his Brexit policy.
Algerie Francais !