Would anyone like to see the establishment wetting themselves?

Started by Sheepy, March 01, 2021, 02:04:46 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on March 01, 2021, 04:16:13 PMPlease tell me why it is more important to open non essential shops, than non-essential hospitality and restaurants.
You can pop into a non-essential shop to buy your non-essential aromatherapy candle while wearing a mask and then pop out again as soon as you've made your purchase.
Try eating a non-essential pie and chips in 30 seconds with a mask on.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: Barry on March 01, 2021, 04:16:13 PM
Please tell me why it is more important to open non essential shops, than non-essential hospitality and restaurants.
Haven't they suffered enough?
Meanwhile, the banks are doing fine, paying out nothing in interest, whilst charging plenty. So business as usual.

I'll tell ya what, Amazon is doing fine with the amount of work they're chucking about!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on March 01, 2021, 04:16:13 PMMeanwhile, the banks are doing fine, paying out nothing in interest, whilst charging plenty. So business as usual.
Quote from: Borchester on March 01, 2021, 04:09:00 PM
The Natwest is 62% owned by the government and I could never figure what happened to the megabungs Lloyds got from Tony and Gordon. Whatever, neither have ever fully recovered from 2008/9 and (since I got my money out early) should have been left to go under.

The problem is that the left has an inflated view of bankers. It sees them as coldly efficient and unscrupulous money making machines. In fact they are largely well meaning incompetents who, in the words of Arthur Haley, could not tell a bull market from bear shit.

In 2008 the banks went under because they handed out loans to folk who should not have been trusted to put 20p into a pay lavatory. I don't know who told Sir Keir that the catering and hospitality industries are any better, but I don't think he noticed them have a giggle when he walked away.

Well, their trouble is, no faith in British ingenuity, it will be the plebs getting uppity again.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Please tell me why it is more important to open non essential shops, than non-essential hospitality and restaurants.
Haven't they suffered enough?
Meanwhile, the banks are doing fine, paying out nothing in interest, whilst charging plenty. So business as usual.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2021, 02:04:46 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/labour-banks-must-back-firms-brought-to-their-knees-by-three-lockdowns/ar-BB1e7owq?ocid=msedgntp
I bet Thomas does.
Funny handshakes all around then, oh I forgot Covid so we won't have any of that funny business.

The Natwest is 62% owned by the government and I could never figure what happened to the megabungs Lloyds got from Tony and Gordon. Whatever, neither have ever fully recovered from 2008/9 and (since I got my money out early) should have been left to go under.

The problem is that the left has an inflated view of bankers. It sees them as coldly efficient and unscrupulous money making machines. In fact they are largely well meaning incompetents who, in the words of Arthur Haley, could not tell a bull market from bear shit.

In 2008 the banks went under because they handed out loans to folk who should not have been trusted to put 20p into a pay lavatory. I don't know who told Sir Keir that the catering and hospitality industries are any better, but I don't think he noticed them have a giggle when he walked away.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!