SKY NewsVaccine programme to receive £1.7bn 'shot in the arm' in chancellor's budget

Started by GBNews, March 02, 2021, 01:05:03 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 02, 2021, 07:02:39 PM
Worked OK for me. I got a text from my local GP asking me to book an appointment. By the time I saw it after work the slots were all gone so I visited the GP surgery in the morning and booked another slot out that day for two days later at a location only 5 mins drive away.

I do know that some people are being sent silly distances but that was not the case for me. Had my first jab last week.
[/quote
I think it works ok for most people , my point was that they are spending one hell of a lot of money on a back up plan

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 02, 2021, 06:27:32 PM
They seem to be wasting a lot of resources . I received an NHS letter on Monday saying Im next for the jab along with a list of places (some distance away ) to choose from .  Im thinking feck me there is a place up the road so phone the docs and am told they are busy dealing with a backlog of vulnerable people .

Ok fair enough so I book up the jabs for the end of March ,earliest option 20 miles away

Today I get a text from my GP  saying come in on Thursday for your covid jab , whos in charge of this madhouse ?
Worked OK for me. I got a text from my local GP asking me to book an appointment. By the time I saw it after work the slots were all gone so I visited the GP surgery in the morning and booked another slot out that day for two days later at a location only 5 mins drive away.

I do know that some people are being sent silly distances but that was not the case for me. Had my first jab last week.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

They seem to be wasting a lot of resources . I received an NHS letter on Monday saying Im next for the jab along with a list of places (some distance away ) to choose from .  Im thinking feck me there is a place up the road so phone the docs and am told they are busy dealing with a backlog of vulnerable people .

Ok fair enough so I book up the jabs for the end of March ,earliest option 20 miles away

Today I get a text from my GP  saying come in on Thursday for your covid jab , whos in charge of this madhouse ?

GBNews

Vaccine programme to receive £1.7bn 'shot in the arm' in chancellor's budget

A huge boost in spending on the UK's COVID-19 vaccine programme will be announced by the chancellor in the Budget on Wednesday.

Source: Vaccine programme to receive £1.7bn 'shot in the arm' in chancellor's budget