Despise is not the word.

Started by Nick, March 03, 2021, 09:45:42 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on March 13, 2021, 01:21:37 PM
All apologies to Barry and the other Mods, but I am not overly sure what the topic is anymore. So apologies in advance ..

The thing about Rees Mogg is that he is a reactionary bugger but so are most of us. Not as much as the Mogg, because no one can be as reactionary as our Jacob, but not that far off. We accept abortion but don't like the idea very much. And few folk are that bothered as to who is marrying who but can do without it being shoved into our faces. And most of all we don't have that gnawing spite of Steve's left. When The Mogg drives his Bentley out of the gates of Mogg Hall to go peasant shooting, we don't squeal, "to the guillotine!" a lot of folk think jammy sod, wish that were me.

So, while Steve's mean spirited and worse minded friends might have a point, the Rees - Moggs of this world tend to be more fun and are most likely to get elected.

Good post borkie. The politics of envy from steve and his momentum mates as ever.

O/T i just read this about your mayor in london.......

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on March 12, 2021, 04:00:56 PM
Mod Notice
Please do not take threads off topic with arguments with the Admin, who has already corrected you once.
Please do not post anything else off topic in this thread.

All apologies to Barry and the other Mods, but I am not overly sure what the topic is anymore. So apologies in advance ..

The thing about Rees Mogg is that he is a reactionary bugger but so are most of us. Not as much as the Mogg, because no one can be as reactionary as our Jacob, but not that far off. We accept abortion but don't like the idea very much. And few folk are that bothered as to who is marrying who but can do without it being shoved into our faces. And most of all we don't have that gnawing spite of Steve's left. When The Mogg drives his Bentley out of the gates of Mogg Hall to go peasant shooting, we don't squeal, "to the guillotine!" a lot of folk think jammy sod, wish that were me.

So, while Steve's mean spirited and worse minded friends might have a point, the Rees - Moggs of this world tend to be more fun and are most likely to get elected.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on March 12, 2021, 11:04:15 PM
He certainly is and does, lol

If eccentricity were a problem, labour would be bereft of candidates.

I'm "old fashioned" too. Lots of people born at the end of the baby boom era are. We call it "normal"
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on March 12, 2021, 11:02:10 PM

He is certainly not eccentric and does not have old fashioned views.
He certainly is and does, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: grumzed on March 12, 2021, 03:29:09 PM
[HIGHLIGHT]Rees-Mogg is to the Conservative Party what Corbyn was to the Labour Party[/HIGHLIGHT]; actually slightly worse IMO. He is exceedingly wealthy by inheritance and by marriage and, later, from forming an investment company. Actually if you have £150M in wealth you would have to be pretty dumb to lose it and he is not that. To say he is eccentric would be an understatement; as would it be to say he has somewhat old-fashioned vews of the world. He is very much on the right of the Conservative party, which maybe some here may like. I note he has a "cock" on his coat of arms which maybe apt in a couple of ways.

I'm pretty sure I never saw JRM fraternising with the IRA or other terrorists organisations.

How much money he has is irrelevant, made or inherited.

He is certainly not eccentric and does not have old fashioned views. He is a Christian... Not my views but he is entitled to his.

The cock reference is just the cherry on your non-existent cake.

Just say you don't like him, don't come up with a list of unqualified attacks
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on March 11, 2021, 09:53:05 PM
Yet the words quoted were mine and not his...
Mod Notice
Please do not take threads off topic with arguments with the Admin, who has already corrected you once.
Please do not post anything else off topic in this thread.
† The end is nigh †

grumzed

Rees-Mogg is to the Conservative Party what Corbyn was to the Labour Party; actually slightly worse IMO. He is exceedingly wealthy by inheritance and by marriage and, later, from forming an investment company. Actually if you have £150M in wealth you would have to be pretty dumb to lose it and he is not that. To say he is eccentric would be an understatement; as would it be to say he has somewhat old-fashioned vews of the world. He is very much on the right of the Conservative party, which maybe some here may like. I note he has a "cock" on his coat of arms which maybe apt in a couple of ways.

patman post

Quote from: patman post on March 11, 2021, 07:32:35 PM
LBC ?
The only time I've found it entertaining or informative is Steve Allen (a schoolgirl's impression of an equally spiteful Piers Morgan) when early in the morning driving North to a meeting...
Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2021, 09:10:39 PMWhen?? I catch him most mornings. He is deffo a camp Piers Morgan 😆.

Not listened for a while because v. early morning car travel hasn't happened for many months.   
Morning radio listening now currently flip flops between Today and Times Radio, and sometimes after 10 am, 5 Live...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on March 12, 2021, 08:38:49 AM
Well they haven't, I would see in the logs if they had.
Then perhaps I was mistaken.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on March 12, 2021, 06:57:29 AM
They appear to have been re-edited.

Well they haven't, I would see in the logs if they had.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2021, 10:22:11 PM
These are the words of HDQQ, not sure which words you mean?
They appear to have been re-edited.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on March 07, 2021, 10:08:14 AM
Despise is the word - I despise Jacob-Rees Mogg. If you tried to make up a more arrogant, condescending and snobbish character for a satirical spoof, you couldn't do it. Granted, the interviewer is a bit of an oaf, but at least he's coming from the right place.

These are the words of HDQQ, not sure which words you mean?

srb7677

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 11, 2021, 07:32:35 PM
LBC ?
The only time I've found it entertaining or informative is Steve Allen (a schoolgirl's impression of an equally spiteful Piers Morgan) when early in the morning driving North to a meeting...

When?? I catch him most mornings. He is deffo a camp Piers Morgan 😆.