Despise is not the word.

Started by Nick, March 03, 2021, 09:45:42 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2021, 09:25:43 PM
Not sure you got the pointt there,smurfys trademark  was/is asking for links then when supplied dismisses the source.

Newspapers links are NOT a source of evidence. They rarely post links to the actual source, (if there is one.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on June 16, 2021, 09:10:47 PMBut that becomes a problem when some demand links which have already been supplied and simply not read. It stands to reason and is only reasonable that anyone who insists on demanding links all the time actually reads those that are supplied.

Well it's lucky for me that the link to benefit fraud supplied the Blue Midget has never been posted on this site. Try again.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2021, 07:44:37 PM
Yet people still remain in ignorance, expressing the same biased, prejudiced, ill informed opinions with nothing to back them up.

Think you'll find that the link YOU supplied shows £6.3 billion in benefit fraud, you're the one who obviously doesn't read or believe your own links.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2021, 07:36:41 PM
Well you've been on enough of the same forums in the past to know that smurfs trademark was to post "link" to almost every post

Exactly, and that's why I do it.  Smurf is the first to ask for a link every time he doesn't agree. Fight fire with fire.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2021, 09:25:43 PM
Not sure you got the
Pint there,smurfystrademark was/is asking for links then when supplies dismisses the source.

Pappy's trademark is to sit alone in an empty room and then start a row  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on June 16, 2021, 09:10:47 PM
I know he does and that is his right. He posts so many that they will often not be read, because reading links can itself be a chore. But that becomes a problem when some demand links which have already been supplied and simply not read. It stands to reason and is only reasonable that anyone who insists on demanding links all the time actually reads those that are supplied.

As you know this forum is for me merely a pleasurable hobby when I have the time and inclination. I am around a bit more often right now simply because I am enjotying two weeks off work on paid leave. But anything that makes the place more of a chore than a pleasure I am not inclined to bother much with - and that includes searching for links that will often not be read at the behest of others, and reading a constant stream of links from those inclined to supply them. There is after all little value for me in trying to persuade others with links when many are in any case temperamentally inclined to simply ignore evidence they don't like. Effort and chores detract from my posting pleasure, and if insisted upon will mostly result in me walking away from that thread and probably spending less time on the forum. Which is probably often the desired aim for those who constantly want me to spend time looking for stuff they'll ignore if they don't like anyway. Smurf might well choose to post links in almost every post, but I seriously can't be bothered and will only do so when I can be arsed.

After all, my only real reason for being here is that  it's another hobby when I have the time. I am not here in any expectation of persuading anyone or winning votes. I think the brutal reality is that it is very rare on a forum such as this for anyone to radically change anyone else's opinion ever. At most, someone might get the occasional point conceded once in a while and that is about it. I think this forum like most others of it's kind consist of a few active self-selecting political anoraks entrenched in their views just speaking at each other. Beyond doing it for pleasure, debating here is both pointless and changes nothing in the big scheme of things. Places like this are niche corners of the internet with little audience to speak of.

So I am here purely for the fun of it. I have zero expectation of changing anyone's mind or altering the way anyone votes just by being here. I am here purely because I like being here sometimes. If I stop liking it I will stop coming here.

If anyone has read this far without losing the will to live, apologies for that ramble.
Not sure you got the pointt there,smurfys trademark  was/is asking for links then when supplied dismisses the source.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Well you've been on enough of the same forums in the past to know that smurfs trademark was to post "link" to almost every post
I know he does and that is his right. He posts so many that they will often not be read, because reading links can itself be a chore. But that becomes a problem when some demand links which have already been supplied and simply not read. It stands to reason and is only reasonable that anyone who insists on demanding links all the time actually reads those that are supplied.

As you know this forum is for me merely a pleasurable hobby when I have the time and inclination. I am around a bit more often right now simply because I am enjotying two weeks off work on paid leave. But anything that makes the place more of a chore than a pleasure I am not inclined to bother much with - and that includes searching for links that will often not be read at the behest of others, and reading a constant stream of links from those inclined to supply them. There is after all little value for me in trying to persuade others with links when many are in any case temperamentally inclined to simply ignore evidence they don't like. Effort and chores detract from my posting pleasure, and if insisted upon will mostly result in me walking away from that thread and probably spending less time on the forum. Which is probably often the desired aim for those who constantly want me to spend time looking for stuff they'll ignore if they don't like anyway. Smurf might well choose to post links in almost every post, but I seriously can't be bothered and will only do so when I can be arsed.

After all, my only real reason for being here is that  it's another hobby when I have the time. I am not here in any expectation of persuading anyone or winning votes. I think the brutal reality is that it is very rare on a forum such as this for anyone to radically change anyone else's opinion ever. At most, someone might get the occasional point conceded once in a while and that is about it. I think this forum like most others of it's kind consist of a few active self-selecting political anoraks entrenched in their views just speaking at each other. Beyond doing it for pleasure, debating here is both pointless and changes nothing in the big scheme of things. Places like this are niche corners of the internet with little audience to speak of.

So I am here purely for the fun of it. I have zero expectation of changing anyone's mind or altering the way anyone votes just by being here. I am here purely because I like being here sometimes. If I stop liking it I will stop coming here.

If anyone has read this far without losing the will to live, apologies for that ramble.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Yet people still remain in ignorance, expressing the same biased, prejudiced, ill informed opinions with nothing to back them up.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on June 16, 2021, 06:55:51 PM
Repeatedly asking for links instead of finding the widely known facts for yourself is typical of you.

It is your way of kicking arguments you don't like into the long grass, safe in the knowledge that most of us lack the spare time or inclination to spend hours trawling the internet just to please you.

How to make a forum as much hassle and consequently as boring as possible
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2021, 07:16:33 PM
He doesn't read the links when they are posted.
I guessed that. Which is why I see little reason to waste time looking for them.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on June 16, 2021, 06:55:51 PM
Repeatedly asking for links instead of finding the widely known facts for yourself is typical of you.

It is your way of kicking arguments you don't like into the long grass, safe in the knowledge that most of us lack the spare time or inclination to spend hours trawling the internet just to please you.

He doesn't read the links when they are posted.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2021, 01:53:06 PM
Any links? Official figures?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2021, 04:55:53 PM
You never focus your anger on the thieving low lives that are cheating the system,

The mega tax evaders you mean or the private renters getting paid out of the benefits system, both are low life thieves.

I will also explain, (yet again,) I have reported benefit fraudsters but not anonymously. BUT I do take a lot of time ensuring that they actually are committing fraud before I do so. I have a 100% success rate.
Unlike the anonymous shop a benefit fraud hotline which has a "success" rate of 0.37%. Because the vast majority of people who phone it are malicious or just plain wrong.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2021, 04:33:01 PM
[HIGHLIGHT]FFS you really do have a very short memory:-[/HIGHLIGHT]

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/fraud-and-error-in-the-benefit-system-financial-year-2020-to-2021-estimates/fraud-and-error-in-the-benefit-system-for-financial-year-ending-2021

Firstly, I don't spend my days on the DWP website like you.

Secondly, I have a very good memory so "Stop telling lies about me or I'll report you to a MOD....."  Get it? You can't have it both ways.

"The rate of Fraud overpayments was 3.0%, an increase from 1.4% in FYE 2020, and the monetary value of Fraud overpayments increased from £2.8bn to £6.3bn."

£6.3 billion is small fry is it? It equates to £500 a year for every single person that claims benefits, but seeing that you tell us it's a tiny percentage of people scamming let's take the 3%. That puts it at £16 grand a year for each fraudster.

Left wingers sticking up for the dregs of society as usual, it's always the capitalists attacking the poor. You never focus your anger on the thieving low lives that are cheating the system, if I had my way they'd all get food vouchers to spend at the shops. When they couldn't buy their booze they'd soon get out of bed in a morning and earn a wage.