The Palace are liars

Started by Streetwalker, March 04, 2021, 03:19:16 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on March 10, 2021, 02:48:17 PM
Apologies Toots, but, to me, your post is a prime example of why so many older White British smugly pride themselves on the lack of overt racism in this country and dismiss actual examples as misunderstanding and/or over sensitivity. To rationalise opinions by turning someone's claims of mental illness into a cause, and not consider the idea that it could be the result is another example.   
There are coded meanings to commentaries of "celebrating" different heritages and "exotic" backgrounds. The drip, drip of comment and reporting on the past life of Megan Markle, the constant digging and paying for information with the excuse "it has come to light", has been noticeable to anyone who knows what "informed sources" and "insiders" are, and how popular tabloid sections of the media work.
We don't know the truth of the story, though we can have opinions. But confidently constructing a whole scenario on nothing more than bias simply illustrates how the well-being of an outsider living in the confines of a rigid and archaic regime of extreme White Privilege could be ignored by that regime...

Why apologise? Your view is your view it just doesn't seem to relate to anything that I posted. I am guessing that your focus is on Meghan's part black heritage but the truth is that she is also half white but that is studiously being ignored. I guess it matters less in the current scheme of things. My analysis is that she is suffering from a well known psychological problem, possibly two, and on that basis I am extremely sorry that she finds herself once again in a traumatic situation. She needs some help in my view and I have every sympathy with her predicament. If you analyse that as some sort of old age symptom or discrimination than perhaps you have a problem too.
Perhaps I should apologise now too?

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on March 10, 2021, 10:16:36 AM
Kate was getting good press and Meghan bad press for doing exactly the same things!!!

You have to wonder why. What is the difference between Kate and Meghan?

Kate is the better actress.

At first glance this seems hard to believe because the Duchess of Cambridge hardly says anything other than I declare this fete open. But that is part of her act. Most of us suspect she is just another, not particularly interesting girl from the Home Counties, but by keeping her mouth shut she maintains a scrap of public interest.

I like Meghan. She was good in Suits which was really struggling at the halfway mark. But this I am clinically depressed because of the 21st century and feel like throwing myself in front of the vacuum cleaner schtick has been done before and better by Princess Di. And she has to get rid of Jimmy Hewitt's son. He is a nice enough lad but brings nothing to the show.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on March 10, 2021, 11:45:51 AM
I believe that Meghan absolutely believes what she is accusing BP and the Royal family of. Sadly I also believe that she is not in command of her story. All her actions look like a mental illness. That feels really harsh to say but she does show classic signs.
She sees herself as constantly persecuted, she has a very great fear of competition and seems threatened by other women. She seems to have unreasonable ideas as to her own worth and position and I suspect she is extremely difficult to live with, hence Harry's fear of not making her happy and his mantra of 'what Meghan wants Meghan gets'. I fear no-one can make her happy for long and each time she 'fails' she runs. She is unable to carry through as is evident in her past.
I feel extremely sorry for her and very sorry for the Royal family that they have been dominated by her fantasy. I feel her state needs recognition and help or her story will continue on it's dramatic way.
Apologies Toots, but, to me, your post is a prime example of why so many older White British smugly pride themselves on the lack of overt racism in this country and dismiss actual examples as misunderstanding and/or over sensitivity. To rationalise opinions by turning someone's claims of mental illness into a cause, and not consider the idea that it could be the result is another example.   
There are coded meanings to commentaries of "celebrating" different heritages and "exotic" backgrounds. The drip, drip of comment and reporting on the past life of Megan Markle, the constant digging and paying for information with the excuse "it has come to light", has been noticeable to anyone who knows what "informed sources" and "insiders" are, and how popular tabloid sections of the media work.
We don't know the truth of the story, though we can have opinions. But confidently constructing a whole scenario on nothing more than bias simply illustrates how the well-being of an outsider living in the confines of a rigid and archaic regime of extreme White Privilege could be ignored by that regime...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on March 10, 2021, 11:45:51 AM
I believe that Meghan absolutely believes what she is accusing BP and the Royal family of. Sadly I also believe that she is not in command of her story. All her actions look like a mental illness. That feels really harsh to say but she does show classic signs.
She sees herself as constantly persecuted, she has a very great fear of competition and seems threatened by other women. She seems to have unreasonable ideas as to her own worth and position and I suspect she is extremely difficult to live with, hence Harry's fear of not making her happy and his mantra of 'what Meghan wants Meghan gets'. I fear no-one can make her happy for long and each time she 'fails' she runs. She is unable to carry through as is evident in her past.
I feel extremely sorry for her and very sorry for the Royal family that they have been dominated by her fantasy. I feel her state needs recognition and help or her story will continue on it's dramatic way.
Excellent post,and you have been missed
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Good old

By accident or design, Megan, has done what so many in-laws have done to the family they joined. That is throw an hand grenade into the parlour, over what was supposed to be a family secret.
It has to be asked, was she even supposed to have made the racism claim.? Did Harry expect her to do so?
On a  personal note, whether the comment made was racist, is obviously extremely debatable.
Politically it's a hand grenade of much greater explosive power, and one that should never have been in the hands of someone that didn't know it's actual power.  But then the reasoning of the person throwing hand grenades , is as disputable as the claim of racism.
On the basis of the possibility that a comment that could have been no more racist , than wondering whether the babe, would have ginger hair. Every person that considers themselves of some colour, has been rightfully or wrongfully, informed , not that there might be, but that there is racism in that family, leaving folk to conclude there is every chance the monarchy is prejudiced against them. They don't have to think that. For some it's a told you so moment. But the seed is set.

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 10, 2021, 09:47:42 AM
I havent seen any evidence that Markle has had bad press due to being mixed race .  Kate has earned good press over a period of time ,comparing the two is as illogical  as it is childish .

Kate was getting good press and Meghan bad press for doing exactly the same things!!!

You have to wonder why. What is the difference between Kate and Meghan? One is white, one isn't. One is British, one isn't. What difference do you think justifies such different treatment for the same things?

And if you think comparing a black baby to a chimpanzee is not racist, you must be a fool. Next thing you know you'll be saying the n word is not racist
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 10, 2021, 09:03:43 AM
Sampanviking has already posted evidence of Meghan being attacked for the very same reasons Kate was praised for. Basic difference? One of them is white and upper middle class British, the other is a mixed race American. Looks like the constant attacks were motivated in part by racism to me. One radio talk show host - Danny Baker - even got the sack for comparing Meghans baby to a chimpanzee, a totally racist trope built around the supposed assumption that black people look like monkeys. If he'd worked for the Sun instead of the BBC he'd never have been sacked.

I havent seen any evidence that Markle has had bad press due to being mixed race .  Kate has earned good press over a period of time ,comparing the two is as illogical  as it is childish .

I dont think Baker was being anything but foolish in not thinking through his joke picture to its conclusion in the corridors of the BBC .
Your right he wouldnt have been sacked at the Sun because I dont suppose anyone there would have saw the chimp as representing Megans child but as the continuation of the Royal circus which Baker said was the point of the 'gag'    .

Saying the picture was built around racism or that black people look like monkeys is your opinion and obviously someone at the BBC  (pick a name out of the hat )   '
Some people see racism where ever they look ,others just see a monkey .                   

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 10, 2021, 08:54:05 AM
Thats quite an accusation ,one that should maybe be accompanied with some evidence .
Sampanviking has already posted evidence of Meghan being attacked for the very same reasons Kate was praised for. Basic difference? One of them is white and upper middle class British, the other is a mixed race American. Looks like the constant attacks were motivated in part by racism to me. One radio talk show host - Danny Baker - even got the sack for comparing Meghans baby to a chimpanzee, a totally racist trope built around the supposed assumption that black people look like monkeys. If he'd worked for the Sun instead of the BBC he'd never have been sacked.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 10, 2021, 08:51:25 AM
The racially motivated demonisation of Meghan went well beyond general news reporting, and no one stepped in.

Thats quite an accusation ,one that should maybe be accompanied with some evidence .

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 10, 2021, 08:49:21 AM
The Palace would step in if the media went over the top . General news reporting is allowed
The racially motivated demonisation of Meghan went well beyond general news reporting, and no one stepped in.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 10, 2021, 08:42:36 AM
They never took such steps in the first place anyway, which appears to be part of the reason why Meghan and Harry left.

The Palace would step in if the media went over the top . General news reporting is allowed

boggart

This is all so boring, based on hearsay.

I thought that the Queen's response was rather kind. To me it says (and of course I might be reading too much into it), that Harry has got the wrong end of the stick, and if it is all aired in public, then the ones that will be damaged are H&M. But hearsay is hearsay, and people will believe who they want for their own reasons. One thing that should be pointed out is that the Duchess was not party to the conversation, but it was recounted to her by her husband who is as thick as 2 short planks.

As an aside, I asked my cousin whether he and his (black) wife mused over what skin tone their children might have. They did.

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 10, 2021, 08:23:54 AM
When I say 'let' I was suggesting they wouldn't take steps to stop critique  of Markle not be actively involved in it
They never took such steps in the first place anyway, which appears to be part of the reason why Meghan and Harry left.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 10, 2021, 06:43:00 AM
So the media being used by the establishment as a weapon against those who dare speak out?

Just about sums up what is fecking wrong with this country, and why the media in particular are part of the problem

When I say 'let' I was suggesting they wouldn't take steps to stop critique  of Markle not be actively involved in it