Well, the government had better get their fingers out

Started by Sheepy, March 04, 2021, 09:32:02 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on March 05, 2021, 01:34:24 PMI guess the govt could get involved in promotion. But why can't the industry do its own promotion work...?
The government are constantly involved in promotion, unless that also escaped your wealth of local knowledge.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

I've always though that for a group of islands, Britain consumed little seafood, and that this could be looked at. Now fisherfolk can't export as much as before, they should encourage consumption in the UK.

We've got three chippies within 5 min walking distance, and they started to adapt themselves to growing competition from other take-always and lessening demand in different ways around three to four years ago. One went up market and turned into a licensed sea food restaurant. The second upped its game by offering excellent cod, haddock, plaice, rock, scampi and skate plus all the extras, and added chicken, Pukka Pies and sausages. The other had always been Chinese run, but it expanded its Chinese menu.

I guess the govt could get involved in promotion. But why can't the industry do its own promotion work...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Whomever they appoint it had better not be  the Bishop of St Albans. Time was when you could go into the Abbey canteen  and have a meal like a Christian served by cheerful volunteers. Now there is a tent in the grounds manned by sulky teens working for sod all and who are only happy when they tell you that they is zilch on the menu.
Algerie Francais !