Matt Hancock got the postcard Barry

Started by Sheepy, March 05, 2021, 05:21:23 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on March 06, 2021, 04:43:48 PM
Always better to be cautious as we've not heard any confirmation that the vaccines work against the new variants, although the experts believe they probably do. But while the virus is still rife, there's a chance another more dangerous mutation will occur.

For every "person with covid who dies in a car crash" there's another person who dies from covid-19 more than 28 days of being diagnosed.
Well on average about 31 people die each week in road traffic accidents not all will have tested positive so it would hardly alter the figures much at all.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Always better to be cautious as we've not heard any confirmation that the vaccines work against the new variants, although the experts believe they probably do. But while the virus is still rife, there's a chance another more dangerous mutation will occur.

For every "person with covid who dies in a car crash" there's another person who dies from covid-19 more than 28 days of being diagnosed.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 06, 2021, 09:01:32 AM

Cheer up. It will be bank holiday soon. Then all the people who tested positive in the last month who die in road accidents can be added to the COVID death totals to bloat the case for continued lockdown ...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/new-variants-very-unlikely-to-stop-great-british-summer-expert-claims/ar-BB1eiNO6?ocid=msedgntp
It seems the Government and Science has seen a new light.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on March 05, 2021, 06:56:52 PM
Deaths are really falling rapidly. Last time we were near this point in wave 1 was May 30th. It was almost all over by then, so we thought.

In the last few days they have been so low, but there have been some new deaths found.
From the government website:
Statistics are a funny thing, aren't they, but they are only human, so make mistakes.

Cheer up. It will be bank holiday soon. Then all the people who tested positive in the last month who die in road accidents can be added to the COVID death totals to bloat the case for continued lockdown ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Deaths are really falling rapidly. Last time we were near this point in wave 1 was May 30th. It was almost all over by then, so we thought.

In the last few days they have been so low, but there have been some new deaths found.
From the government website:

3 March
172 deaths within 28 days of a positive test added to Scotland and UK totals
Public Health Scotland has improved its method for linking daily confirmed COVID-19 cases with deaths reported through the National Records of Scotland. As a result, an extra 172 deaths were identified as having occurred within 28 days of a first positive test result since the start of the outbreak. These have now been added to the cumulative totals for Scotland and the UK.

Date of change:
2 March
Addition of historical cases
350 cases have been added to the UK and England totals due to a previous failure to report the cases at source. This increases newly reported cases in the South East of England mainly Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead, Crawley, Horsham, Mid Sussex and Mole Valley.
Statistics are a funny thing, aren't they, but they are only human, so make mistakes.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2021, 06:07:42 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/covid-vaccines-have-now-been-given-to-40-of-adults-and-deaths-are-falling-sharply/ar-BB1ehDSq?ocid=msedgntp
Well apparently, we ain't all doomed today and it is working, although of course there is more to do, but then there always is.
Obviously deaths are falling, winter has ended, it happens every year, but has it fallen sharply?  Where is the source of data?  Oh, there isn't one.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

I reckon those "Not before" dates will be moved. Boris always lies, but this time people might be happy.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

After a read of said postcard, he had a word with his nitwit public school chums and his previous employers the Bolshevik bankers and decided they may well have overcooked the Apple Pie.
What a bunch of Jokers they are.