So how brown will your baby be?Well it's free speech isn't it

Started by cromwell, March 08, 2021, 03:52:25 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 09, 2021, 07:12:06 AM
Well we know it wasn't the queen or prince Philip, but as to who disdainfully said such a snobbish and racist thing we can only ever guess at the identity.

But we have all seen the incessant negative reporting in the media re our press, at times with racist undertones. The Daily Mail has been forced to pay undisclosed damages for it. Only the other day the Sun was at it, claiming that Meghan sought the interview with Oprah before she even got married, none of which is the least bit knowable. The negativity in our press regarding her has been incessant and atrocious and is ongoing. No wonder they left and no wonder Harry has taken the step of doing so to protect his wife from the vitriol. I have a new respect for him, doing the decent thing by the woman he loves, in the face of racism and snobbery and indeed at times cruelty, as when she was denied help for mental health issues because it wouldn't look good.

You are of course falling into her web of lies by assuming what she says is fact not fiction .

I dont actually recall any negative press until she started out on her reveal all to Oprah mission (2) which was somewhere between Vancouver and LA if my memory is correct . I cant say I was paying that much attention so I could be wrong on exact dates .

The bridges have been burnt now though ,the press are on a feeding frenzy and quite frankly she has nobody to blame but herself and her very weak other half .
Im in the starting position that she couldn't handle Royal life (who would have guessed) has run away with ginger in tow and is making excuse after excuse for her fecked up life .

On the other hand she could just be a conniving bitch who has used the position she found herself in to elevate herself (In the US ) to some sort of American Royalty  in waiting .   But Ill keep that thought on the back burner .

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on March 08, 2021, 03:52:25 PM
If true what sort of a knob would ask that?......Oh yeah a royal one.
Well we know it wasn't the queen or prince Philip, but as to who disdainfully said such a snobbish and racist thing we can only ever guess at the identity.

But we have all seen the incessant negative reporting in the media re our press, at times with racist undertones. The Daily Mail has been forced to pay undisclosed damages for it. Only the other day the Sun was at it, claiming that Meghan sought the interview with Oprah before she even got married, none of which is the least bit knowable. The negativity in our press regarding her has been incessant and atrocious and is ongoing. No wonder they left and no wonder Harry has taken the step of doing so to protect his wife from the vitriol. I have a new respect for him, doing the decent thing by the woman he loves, in the face of racism and snobbery and indeed at times cruelty, as when she was denied help for mental health issues because it wouldn't look good.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sampanviking

I sort of can hear a song of this, sung to the tune of "Your Baby has gone down the plug ole"

"So how Brown will your baby be? Black as Tar or just milky coffee...."

If anyone else knows the tune and thinks they can carry the lyrics forward be my guest.

grumzed

Hmm, I would draw the line regarding football loyalties  :)

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2021, 04:17:20 PM
My in-laws speculated that at the dinner table when Mrs announced our family's (and her) coming expansion. They weren't malicious or considering it a negative, but were excited and it was a big point of interest. Pa in-law is a huge Beyoncé and Tina Turner fan — so I'm not sure if stereotyping kicked in and he was hoping that Mrs would drop a fully-formed private dancer into the family.
For anyone who's interested they got two gorgeous princesses, each with a dash of coffee in their complexions, and the in-laws adore them. Roll on the easing of travel restrictions...

All grandparents love their grandchildren, regardless of race, religion or football loyalties.

It is a law.

And all husbands and wives are at war with the other branches of the family.

That is another law.

To be honest, the Megs and Harry show isn't that gripping, but will have to do until the next season of Ted Lasso

S01E08

Roy Kent is looking down and Ted Lasso is trying to figure out what is upsetting him.

Ted: "So you have discovered that your Dad is a little racist?"

Roy:"My dad is in his 60s and lives in South London. Of course he is a little racist"
Algerie Francais !

patman post

My in-laws speculated that at the dinner table when Mrs announced our family's (and her) coming expansion. They weren't malicious or considering it a negative, but were excited and it was a big point of interest. Pa in-law is a huge Beyoncé and Tina Turner fan — so I'm not sure if stereotyping kicked in and he was hoping that Mrs would drop a fully-formed private dancer into the family.
For anyone who's interested they got two gorgeous princesses, each with a dash of coffee in their complexions, and the in-laws adore them. Roll on the easing of travel restrictions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 08, 2021, 03:52:25 PM

You mean Meghan? Well, she is pregnant so you have to allow her some leeway.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?