So how brown will your baby be?Well it's free speech isn't it

Started by cromwell, March 08, 2021, 03:52:25 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on March 11, 2021, 10:26:14 AM
Mod NoticeFirst off to that highlighted above,you've speculated several times that you might be told off for this or that or maybe banned,has any of that happened? No it hasn't,it's like you're begging for some reaction so you can vindicate yourself and also indulge in a little self pity.

So not content with that you then go on the attack regarding the impartiality of the mods and deciding for yourself their political leanings.

Finally you are as welcome as anyone here and because you see yourself as a lone voice have been given leeway,
if you wish to continue posting please do so but be prepared to be challenged without resorting to the poor me routine.

If you are unhappy with the forum or the mod team it's your choice to go or stay but in future any concerns must be addressed by pm to admin.

Regarding other forums and mods discuss it there not here, that applies to everyone.

Some comments will be removed.
I take your points. My suspicion of a possible ban was borne of awareness that I was sailing close to the wind in discussing another forum which another member brought up, along with my awareness that I can in the heat of the moment be borderline insulting sometimes. My suspicion has been that those of the wrong political persuasion can be treated more harshly for any misdemeanours as evidenced by the case of smurf but I admit that thus far there is no sign of that in my case.

You pile pejorative assumptions onto my character, accusing me of actively wanting to be banned as vindication so that I can wallow in self pity. None of that is true.

As to the political leanings of mods, I regard it as perfectly legitimate to assess and take note of the political positions of other members on any politics forum, including the mods. So it is not in my view illegitimate to comment on the political leanings of the mods and any balance or lack of in the mod team. Tell me, is there a single mod that you know of who is not a Brexiteer for example? I will acknowledge the fact if so.

As to discussing the other forum there, I do not have that option since it forbids me access related to internet security issues. Although there was never any such intent, in practice I am as good as banned insofar as I have no ability to access the forum. Cannot even read it. But I will refrain from discussing it here if others do the same.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 11, 2021, 09:58:20 AMI'm not accepting that Megan Markle is untouchable because of her skin colour.
What skin colour?
She's lighter than most people after a fortnight in Spain.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on March 11, 2021, 11:00:31 AM
Bollox,in the last few weeks you have hardly seen a Mod, they have spent their time voicing their own opinions with no trolls to chase. Unless you don't think the place has become much more informative for it and a much calmer place. Maybe you find the level of debate somewhat more difficult.
I have not been there for many weeks. Access to the site has been forbidden for security issues. It won't let me in. It has been this way ever since I bought my new laptop with new antiviral software back in January. So I cannot comment on anything there in recent weeks. Which is just as well since Cromwell has said we are not supposed to discuss it here.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on March 11, 2021, 09:50:51 AM
The mod team there was much more balanced, which is what you found so offensive, wanting nothing less than a right wing echo chamber. They had only two mods. One a Tory Brexiteer albeit a very fair minded one. The other a lib dem centrist remainer, also very fair minded.

Here the entire mod team seem to be either right wingers or Brexiteers, often both. There is no balance amongst the ruling clique here, which I guess is what you really want. This forum is much closer to being a right wing echo chamber much of the time. From what I have seen left wingers who rule break suffer much tougher sanctions than right wingers who do, as evidenced by the case of smurf. If I could access the other forum I would but my software flags it up as an unsafe site ever since I got my new laptop. So I settle for your little paradise here. I constantly wonder how long it will be before I am banned for a spell here. Left wing opinions really are not welcome and some members will constantly lie about us, unchallenged by anybody. Thomas is on my ignore list for incessantly doing so.
Bollox,in the last few weeks you have hardly seen a Mod, they have spent their time voicing their own opinions with no trolls to chase. Unless you don't think the place has become much more informative for it and a much calmer place. Maybe you find the level of debate somewhat more difficult.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on March 11, 2021, 09:50:51 AM
The mod team there was much more balanced, which is what you found so offensive, wanting nothing less than a right wing echo chamber. They had only two mods. One a Tory Brexiteer albeit a very fair minded one. The other a lib dem centrist remainer, also very fair minded.

[highlight]Here the entire mod team seem to be either right wingers or Brexiteers, often both. There is no balance amongst the ruling clique here[/highlight], which I guess is what you really want. This forum is much closer to being a right wing echo chamber much of the time. From what I have seen left wingers who rule break suffer much tougher sanctions than right wingers who do, as evidenced by the case of smurf. If I could access the other forum I would but my software flags it up as an unsafe site ever since I got my new laptop. So I settle for your little paradise here. I constantly wonder how long it will be before I am banned for a spell here. Left wing opinions really are not welcome and some members will constantly lie about us, unchallenged by anybody. Thomas is on my ignore list for incessantly doing so.

Mod NoticeFirst off to that highlighted above,you've speculated several times that you might be told off for this or that or maybe banned,has any of that happened? No it hasn't,it's like you're begging for some reaction so you can vindicate yourself and also indulge in a little self pity.

So not content with that you then go on the attack regarding the impartiality of the mods and deciding for yourself their political leanings.

Finally you are as welcome as anyone here and because you see yourself as a lone voice have been given leeway,
if you wish to continue posting please do so but be prepared to be challenged without resorting to the poor me routine.

If you are unhappy with the forum or the mod team it's your choice to go or stay but in future any concerns must be addressed by pm to admin.

Regarding other forums and mods discuss it there not here, that applies to everyone.

Some comments will be removed.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on March 10, 2021, 08:20:24 PM
That's not what I'm saying
No it doesn't
No I didn't you did when you brought up Rotherham

Sorry if that sentence misrepresented you, I had meant to edit it but I couldn't for some reason (the one which I got told to feck off for  :D )

I don't know what else to add. I know that's not what you are saying, but it's what gets said (or implied) by left wing people all the time. They project a set of values as if they are sacred and everyone else is supposed to accept them. "Racism" is one of these all encompassing accusations that you are guilty of for not agreeing with the liberal left. If anyone can find evidence of me being racist, by way of a quote, then I'd like to see it. But I know I won't see such a quote, because it isn't true.

What generally happens is that few people are actually guilty of the textbook definition of racism - but this rarely stops left wingers making the accusation on the sole basis that a person expressed a different opinion to theirs. I've said repeatedly why I dislike Megan Markle but it makes no difference. Because I've said I don't like someone who is of mixed race, it MUST be racist.

Some time ago I wrote about how I liked Candace Owens, but presumably, because she's a conservative, her skin colour now doesn't matter. Once again, I'm not necessarily disputing your points about the Royal Family. I'm saying that in my opinion Megan Markle is at the very least a calculated person with some serious personality issues. But I'm clearly not allowed to say this without there being some reference to the colour of her skin. No matter how you dress it up Cromwell, this would not be an issue if I were talking about some white person that I don't like, and there are plenty of those. If you won't accept that people are seeing through this, and refusing to play these games, ok, that's your choice. But I'm not accepting that Megan Markle is untouchable because of her skin colour. It's bullshit.

srb7677

Quote from: B-4 on March 11, 2021, 09:20:26 AM
Who voted for Corbyn as a member of the Labour party.  I can't speak for anyone else who was never really there, and certainly wouldn't be relying on your word of mouth.

Here the entire mod team seem to be either right wingers or Brexiteers, often both. There is no balance amongst the ruling clique here, which I guess is what you really want. This forum is much closer to being a right wing echo chamber much of the time. From what I have seen left wingers who rule break suffer much tougher sanctions than right wingers who do, as evidenced by the case of smurf. If I could access the other forum I would but my software flags it up as an unsafe site ever since I got my new laptop. So I settle for your little paradise here. I constantly wonder how long it will be before I am banned for a spell here. Left wing opinions really are not welcome and some members will constantly lie about us, unchallenged by anybody. Thomas is on my ignore list for incessantly doing so.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on March 11, 2021, 08:08:15 AM
It wasnt that long ago on this very forum you were running around calling everyone in the uk "racist" merely for having been born white
I saw this only because someone quoted it. Another outrageous lie and misrepresentation from you and a reminder why I ignore you most of the time.

Just because white racists exists does not make everyone born white a racist. I myself was born white ffs. And I have never said any such thing. As is typical you combine paraphrasing with wilful and outrageously dishonest misrepresentation in order to propagate lies. I uncovered your post for long enough to snatch the relevant quote. Because yet again you are just being a lying bastard, as is your wont.

B-4

Quote from: Thomas on March 11, 2021, 08:08:15 AM
Your party and its supporters are world famous for "silencing " dissent to the party view , and encouraging "groupthink ".

A small example recently at the end of last year being starmer having the labour party general secretary sending out e mails, after passing a motion ,  threatening disciplinary action and expulsion over continuing support of wurzel.

Thats before you even delve into the wider discussions on johns point.

https://labourgrassroots.com/a-motion-that-passed-on-silencing-of-members/
https://jacobinmag.com/2020/11/labour-party-jeremy-corbyn-suspension-uk-keir-starmer

As ever steve , you become wilfully blind to inconvenient truths when it suits.

It wasnt that long ago on this very forum you were running around calling everyone in the uk "racist" merely for having been born white , while again being wilfully blind to the very real anti semitism in your own party "as you hadnt personally witnessed it."

Here we are again in this thread with another one of your puerile arguments about nothing to see here , move on when the argument suits.

Willfully blind is the problem, because you'll just end up going around in circles repeating the same thing whilst knowing they embrace convenient ignorance, and of course, double standards and outright hypocrisy.

It's so bad that politics is now all about oppressing all opposition until victory.  Weaponising words, destroying people's characters with smears and lies, whilst hiding behind a perverse banner of moral superiority, which, as we know, makes the rest of us immoral by their warped rules and very boring ideology

srb7677

Quote from: B-4 on March 11, 2021, 08:30:48 AM
The Left wing Corbyn voting moderator isn't Left wing.
He's a lib dem member and supporter, lol

And he is only one mod. The other one's a Tory, lol

B-4

Quote from: srb7677 on March 11, 2021, 08:16:40 AM
Your conspiracy theorising was rampant on the other forum, imagining that the mods and left wing members were all involved in a conspiracy to silence you and others on the right in order to create a left wing echo chamber.

Curiously they were much less ban happy there though and never banned you in spite of your incessant trolling of the mods.
The Left wing Corbyn voting moderator isn't Left wing.  Amusing, but I did say that you do appear to be living with the fairies, as most of the far-left are.

srb7677

Quote from: B-4 on March 11, 2021, 08:04:41 AM
I very much doubt you'd know what reality is going by your dirty little smear merchant campaign toward DeppityDawg on here.  Also, since you're now attempting to smear me as a conspiracy theorist then perhaps you can inform the board what actual conspiracy theories I have pushed, because I cannot remember any.  The waffle you have posted only proves to me that you're living with the fairies. Still, nice attempt at a deflection, the point that you obviously ignored is probably too difficult for you.
Your conspiracy theorising was rampant on the other forum, imagining that the mods and left wing members were all involved in a conspiracy to silence you and others on the right in order to create a left wing echo chamber.

Curiously they were much less ban happy there though and never banned you in spite of your incessant trolling of the mods.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 10, 2021, 08:31:58 PM
No one appears to be silencing you or anyone else, except in your imagination.

Your party and its supporters are world famous for "silencing " dissent to the party view , and encouraging "groupthink ".

A small example recently at the end of last year being starmer having the labour party general secretary sending out e mails, after passing a motion ,  threatening disciplinary action and expulsion over continuing support of wurzel.

Thats before you even delve into the wider discussions on johns point.

QuoteA motion that passed on silencing of members

As a result of an email sent by the General Secretary of the Labour Party, branches and CLPs have found themselves threatened with disciplinary action should they put forward motions in support of Jeremy Corbyn.

https://labourgrassroots.com/a-motion-that-passed-on-silencing-of-members/
Labour Is Suspending Members Just for Defending Jeremy Corbyn

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/11/labour-party-jeremy-corbyn-suspension-uk-keir-starmer

As ever steve , you become wilfully blind to inconvenient truths when it suits.

It wasnt that long ago on this very forum you were running around calling everyone in the uk "racist" merely for having been born white , while again being wilfully blind to the very real anti semitism in your own party "as you hadnt personally witnessed it."

Here we are again in this thread with another one of your puerile arguments about nothing to see here , move on when the argument suits.

QuoteNo one appears to be silencing you or anyone else, except in your imagination.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B-4

Quote from: srb7677 on March 11, 2021, 07:47:37 AM
I can no longer access his site on uk politics because it flags up as an unsafe site. But I think I recognise you from there. The conspiracy theorist who imagines that the left are taking it over as the first step to world domination, when in reality it is simply a balanced forum with balanced mods, one a lib dem supporting centrist and the other an exceptionally fair minded Tory supporter
I very much doubt you'd know what reality is going by your dirty little smear merchant campaign toward DeppityDawg on here.  Also, since you're now attempting to smear me as a conspiracy theorist then perhaps you can inform the board what actual conspiracy theories I have pushed, because I cannot remember any.  The waffle you have posted only proves to me that you're living with the fairies. Still, nice attempt at a deflection, the point that you obviously ignored is probably too difficult for you.

srb7677

Quote from: B-4 on March 10, 2021, 09:45:23 PM
I doubt DeppityDawg was referring to you, and was instead referring to the corporate controlled agenda that you obviously support.  Unlike the totalitarian Communist pro-IRA sites that Siberian Fox setup you probably won't have as much sway around here. They have more moderators on here which should help prevent a case of the power craze.
I can no longer access his site on uk politics because it flags up as an unsafe site. But I think I recognise you from there. The conspiracy theorist who imagines that the left are taking it over as the first step to world domination,