Cringeingly Embarrassing.

Started by HDQQ, March 12, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 12, 2021, 07:14:26 PM
Was that intentional or a freudian slip?  :)
Well, you can make up your own mind, I am sure.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 12, 2021, 11:56:57 AM
What is cringingly embarrassing, is that you all have an opinion on which is basically a family affair, new daughter-in-law tries to change it all to [highlight]suits[/highlight] herself is a bit cringeworthy in itself, when before they were married it was explained what she was becoming a part of. I am not that keen on the media trying to force everyone to takes sides either, on some things it is best to keep an open mind and let the family sort it out, so in that way Moggy is right.Not like it is anything new anyway, is it? the new daughter-in-law stamps her authority.

Was that intentional or a freudian slip?  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on March 12, 2021, 03:43:04 PMYou are an evangelical atheist, then HDQQ, and lefty liberal is too, judging by the thanks

You mean...there are some...Left wing people...on here?

I thought this forum had sent them all to the salt mines?  :D :D :D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: HDQQ on March 12, 2021, 10:21:34 AMAs a middle-class British man, I cringed with embarrassment when I saw this.

Then you know how the rest of us feel whenever you post now, don't you?

patman post

The Tories appear to require a Catholic erudite speaker with a hyphenated surname, who appears to come from a previous century, as Commons Leader while in power. 

Boris has Rees-Mogg — Margaret Thatcher had Norman St John-Stevas...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

I know a lot of leftie liberals are atheists, but I didn't realise it applied to Mallards.
You are an evangelical atheist, then HDQQ, and lefty liberal is too, judging by the thanks.

I'm sorry for those with no faith. Best get some, before you leave the mortal coil.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 12, 2021, 12:25:50 PM
I guess JRM was just as the leader of the HoC  giving the only answer required to the question of should there be a debate on the Monarchy

God save the Queen

The monarch does have a specific role in such issues which I'm far from convinced a republican appointee would honour.

But I'd prefer it were God save the KING by now, but I'm repeating myself....[/quote]
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

I guess JRM was just as the leader of the HoC  giving the only answer required to the question of should there be a debate on the Monarchy

God save the Queen

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on March 12, 2021, 12:08:03 PM
Sheeps this topic is about Jacob Rees-Mogg's ridiculous behaviour - I wasn't commenting on the 'family affair' so the template you used for your reply was the wrong shape, back-to-front and upside-down. Dancing
I guess you didn't read all of his comments then and found the cherry picked ones for convenience ducky.

HDQQ

Sheeps this topic is about Jacob Rees-Mogg's ridiculous behaviour - I wasn't commenting on the 'family affair' so the template you used for your reply was the wrong shape, back-to-front and upside-down. Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on March 12, 2021, 10:21:34 AM
As a middle-class British man, I cringed with embarrassment when I saw this.

https://news.sky.com/video/jacob-rees-mogg-recites-god-save-the-queen-in-the-commons-12243358

It's the ultimate stiff-upper-lip cliche, when faced with adversity, to call upon an imaginary entity to save someone who's a random consequence of an invasion in 1066.

At least he didn't sing, although that might have been hilarious.

Nothing against the Queen personally but 75% of anything JR-M says or does is more ridiculous than the most ridiculous 25% of anything Boris Johnson has ever said or done.
What is cringingly embarrassing, is that you all have an opinion on which is basically a family affair, new daughter-in-law tries to change it all to suits herself is a bit cringeworthy in itself, when before they were married it was explained what she was becoming a part of. I am not that keen on the media trying to force everyone to takes sides either, on some things it is best to keep an open mind and let the family sort it out, so in that way Moggy is right.Not like it is anything new anyway, is it? the new daughter-in-law stamps her authority.

HDQQ

As a middle-class British man, I cringed with embarrassment when I saw this.

https://news.sky.com/video/jacob-rees-mogg-recites-god-save-the-queen-in-the-commons-12243358

It's the ultimate stiff-upper-lip cliche, when faced with adversity, to call upon an imaginary entity to save someone who's a random consequence of an invasion in 1066.

At least he didn't sing, although that might have been hilarious.

Nothing against the Queen personally but 75% of anything JR-M says or does is more ridiculous than the most ridiculous 25% of anything Boris Johnson has ever said or done.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!