No Bregrets: Just 39% of Brits Want to Re-Join the EU

Started by Thomas, March 13, 2021, 02:39:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on March 14, 2021, 11:21:03 AM
They will always be full of spite, they are faced with a failed ideology and don't even have a clue why.

Saying that, I was watching the Hairy Bikers in St Petersburg and everyone they spoke to said they'd rather go back to full on communism!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: B-4 on March 14, 2021, 08:17:41 AM
Lefties of today mostly come across as militant censorship bigots who lost the arguments long ago, so are left with scraps and handouts that take on the form of some group-think fascistic voice of hate (something they play sheep dog to).  I think some call it the Third Way.
They will always be full of spite, they are faced with a failed ideology and don't even have a clue why. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B-4

Quote from: Thomas on March 14, 2021, 07:24:05 AM
Only asking sheep , i like to keep track of how our international revolutionaries are doing in other countries.

From what i see though , its more wet blanket than firebrand thinking of the two of them.

Poor auld dyno.......he got some stick on this forum didnt he? Between you threatening to kick his back door in , and 70 year old borkie cider bullying him , he never stood a chance did he? :D

In the past we have had some decent lefties on this forum , like jam c marxist nutter and many more. When i look at the current lefties , yer hyper quack quacks , srb sensitive steve , dynorod i can't help thinking how we must now be scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Never have i seen so many feckin drama queens flouncing off a forum.
Lefties of today mostly come across as militant censorship bigots who lost the arguments long ago, so are left with scraps and handouts that take on the form of some group-think fascistic voice of hate (something they play sheep dog to).  I think some call it the Third Way.

Thomas

QuoteIrish foreign minister says UK guilty of 'perverse nationalism' over U.S. trade

LONDON (Reuters) - Ireland's foreign minister Simon Coveney said on Saturday that Britain was demonstrating "perverse nationalism" by seeking to reach a trade deal with the United States before the European Union and questioned whether it was a trustworthy partner.

"This idea that Britain can get there first is narrow minded thinking, frankly. It's a perverse nationalism when actually Britain and the EU should work together as partners," he said in an interview with The Times newspaper.

Coveney advocated Britain working with the EU and Canada to reach a joint trade deal with the United States, although the EU does not currently have plans for a major U.S. trade deal.

He also questioned Britain's trustworthiness following its plans to unilaterally delay imposing checks required by the Brexit deal on some food products travelling from England, Scotland or Wales to Northern Ireland.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-ireland/irish-foreign-minister-says-uk-guilty-of-perverse-nationalism-idUSKBN2B507C?il=0
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on March 13, 2021, 09:03:43 PM
Well I am trying to think if I give a flying one about Starmer or Dyno, nope cannot say I do.
Probably not very woke of me, or neo Liberal enough for some but there you are.

Only asking sheep , i like to keep track of how our international revolutionaries are doing in other countries.

From what i see though , its more wet blanket than firebrand thinking of the two of them.

Poor auld dyno.......he got some stick on this forum didnt he? Between you threatening to kick his back door in , and 70 year old borkie cider bullying him , he never stood a chance did he? :D

In the past we have had some decent lefties on this forum , like jam c marxist nutter and many more. When i look at the current lefties , yer hyper quack quacks , srb sensitive steve , dynorod i cant help thinking how we must now be scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Never have i seen so many feckin drama queens flouncing off a forum.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2021, 07:44:26 PM
of course they dont get it sheep. You just mind if starmer gets in , labour will have you back in the EU in a feckin flash by hook or by crook.

Hows your pal dynorod getting on ?

Is he still selling the big issue in hastings town centre ?
Well I am trying to think if I give a flying one about Starmer or Dyno, nope cannot say I do.
Probably not very woke of me, or neo Liberal enough for some but there you are.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on March 13, 2021, 04:50:01 PM
By now you would have to be pretty stupid not to understand what was said about the dark side of the EU was right from the start, but then extracting the urine out of everyone seems to run through politics more than ever, so maybe they still don't get it.

of course they dont get it sheep. You just mind if starmer gets in , labour will have you back in the EU in a feckin flash by hook or by crook.

Hows your pal dynorod getting on ?

Is he still selling the big issue in hastings town centre ?

Sheepy

By now you would have to be pretty stupid not to understand what was said about the dark side of the EU was right from the start, but then extracting the urine out of everyone seems to run through politics more than ever, so maybe they still don't get it.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2021, 04:18:12 PM
Not at all deppity , not sure we are going anywhere under sturgeon.

Theres gonnae be twists and turns along the way as ever , highs and lows , but i keep saying the same thing time and again , every election the british will be fighting against scottish indy till the day it eventually happens.

Lot of folk unhappy with sturgeon at the minute over the salmond affair , remains to be seen what happens at election time , but we have had twenty odd consecutive polls showing support for indy , so im no sure support for independence is going away any time soon.

I think I said way back that I think it would happen in my lifetime. I reckon I've got 20-25 years left, god willing. If wor lass doesn't put a kitchen knife in me first  :D

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 13, 2021, 04:11:02 PM
Talk about wave a red rag at a bull  :D :D :D

Not at all deppity , not sure we are going anywhere under sturgeon.

Theres gonnae be twists and turns along the way as ever , highs and lows , but i keep saying the same thing time and again , every election the british will be fighting against scottish indy till the day it eventually happens.

Lot of folk unhappy with sturgeon at the minute over the salmond affair , remains to be seen what happens at election time , but we have had twenty odd consecutive polls showing support for indy , so im no sure support for independence is going away any time soon.
Scottish Parliament constituency ballot voting intentions (YouGov, 4th-8th March 2021):
SNP 52% (-4)
Conservatives 22% (+3)
Labour 17% (+2)
Liberal Democrats 6% (-)
Greens 2% (-)

Scottish Parliament regional list ballot voting intentions:

SNP 45% (-2)
Conservatives 21% (+1)
Labour 16% (+3)
Greens 6% (-1)
Liberal Democrats 5% (-1)
SSP 3% (-)

Seats projection (with changes from 2016): SNP 71 (+8), Conservatives 29 (-2), Labour 20 (-4), Liberal Democrats 5 (-), Greens 4 (-2)

SNP: 71 seats (55.0%)
All others: 58 seats (45.0%)

SNP OVERALL MAJORITY OF 13 SEATS

Pro-independence parties: 75 seats (58.1%)
Anti-independence parties: 54 seats (41.9%)

PRO-INDEPENDENCE MAJORITY OF 21 SEATS

QuoteShould Scotland be an independent country?

Yes 49% (-2)
No 51% (+2)

As far as the indyref figures are concerned, ComRes and YouGov are as one - and strange though it may seem, that's extremely reassuring.  A few months ago, ComRes were at the Yes-friendly end of the spectrum and YouGov were at the No-friendly end, with a huge 7% gap between them.  That means if YouGov had replicated the ComRes trend, Yes could now be sitting on a lowly 42%.  Instead there's been a convergence, which suggests that the swing back to No may not have been as substantial as we feared.  49% is only four points below YouGov's all-time high for Yes.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on March 13, 2021, 03:49:34 PMMaybe Scotland have turned remain now, eh, Thomas? 

Talk about wave a red rag at a bull  :D :D :D

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on March 13, 2021, 03:49:34 PM
I thought the remainers and rejoiners had all gone to sleep. Seems they all changed their minds. Good, makes for a more united Britain against the stubborn asses in Brussels. Maybe Scotland have turned remain now, eh, Thomas?  Union Flag

You think?

:D

Barry

I thought the remainers and rejoiners had all gone to sleep. Seems they all changed their minds. Good, makes for a more united Britain against the stubborn asses in Brussels. Maybe Scotland have turned remain now, eh, Thomas?  Union Flag
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2021, 03:41:00 PM
And who can forget Mr Second coming who as he grows older more and more resembles an orc.
https://youtu.be/-YDsWvR6cbI

cant watch the man cromwell. Steve will be along in a minute to tell us

1. how much he dislikes blair.

2. How he isnt really happy with keir starmer.

3. How he fully intends to keep voting labour to keep out the tories even if it puts another tony blair into power. :D

4. How he has me on ignore and isnt talking to me , but has seen someone quote my post so is replying to me again for the 457th time . ::)

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2021, 03:03:28 PM
Never ever get tired of seeing this.......

And who can forget Mr Second coming who as he grows older more and more resembles an orc.
https://youtu.be/-YDsWvR6cbI
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?