Main Menu

Ouch...

Started by DeppityDawg, March 13, 2021, 03:03:24 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on March 13, 2021, 03:45:40 PMThose potholes are more likely to do damage when you are doing 60 with a boot load of booze.

It was actually at the edge of the carriageway. An easy out for them. Some numbskull came around the bend in the middle of the road and I had no option but to veer left. Bang! The sidewall is completely split into the tread. Tyre is not that worn either. Put the space saver on and I'll go and get it changed on Monday.

Btw, it is an ST and it does go like feck...I was only doing 30mph though, honest   :D

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on March 13, 2021, 03:45:40 PM
Those potholes are more likely to do damage when you are doing 60 with a boot load of booze.
Another side effect of the pubs being shut.  Rant
I took Herefordshire Council to court for a pothole, 2 hour court case, lost. Won't do it again. Claim on the insurance or you just have to suck it up. PITA.
I expect then it hadn't been reported previously which is why people should

This from the AA
QuoteRemember that the local highway authority can't be held responsible for a pothole they didn't know about. ... But councils do have a responsibility to fix large potholes if they know about them. And they're supposed to keep the roads safe, so you'll need to argue that they've failed in this.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Those potholes are more likely to do damage when you are doing 60 with a boot load of booze.
Another side effect of the pubs being shut.  Rant
I took Herefordshire Council to court for a pothole, 2 hour court case, lost. Won't do it again. Claim on the insurance or you just have to suck it up. PITA.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2021, 03:31:19 PM
Round where I live the roads are like the bloody moon, full of craters you should try this https://www.fixmystreet.com/report it and it goes through to the council they can't deny knowledge and have to cough up......the more pople report his stuff the better for everyone.

Im surprised at the state of your roads cromwell , i thought manchester would be some unbelievable utopia to live in under a labour mayor.

Steve srb is always assuring us the ills of the world will end when labour take power , yet all i ever hear from areas where they are in power in tales of poverty and woe.

You know cromwell , labour are a bit like the chicken and the egg scenario , what came first.....poverty or labour? In glasgow , labour came first and poverty followed. :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 13, 2021, 03:09:56 PM
Oh I have. Though I doubt theres much chance they'll pay up. Luckily, the rim is ok.
Round where I live the roads are like the bloody moon, full of craters you should try this https://www.fixmystreet.com/report it and it goes through to the council they can't deny knowledge and have to cough up......the more pople report his stuff the better for everyone.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2021, 03:04:57 PM
Public road?  Photograph it and bill the council.

Oh I have. Though I doubt theres much chance they'll pay up. Luckily, the rim is ok.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 13, 2021, 03:03:24 PM
Hit a fecking pothole on the way back from getting the shopping. Side wall completely donald ducked. Thats 1 x Conti sport 235/40 18 at £160. Feck sake.
Public road?  Photograph it and bill the council.

DeppityDawg

Hit a fecking pothole on the way back from getting the shopping. Side wall completely donald ducked. Thats 1 x Conti sport 235/40 18 at £160. Feck sake.