Main Menu

So Ner!

Started by cromwell, March 17, 2021, 10:22:16 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on March 19, 2021, 12:18:17 AM
The EU also has contracts with companies, AZ included. But AZ is delinquent in fulfilling this. AZ have said their contract with the UK excludes them from shipping outside the UK until all vaccine deliveries to the UK are complete. Your listening to more UK rag press, you really need to stop that and try get some more reliable sources for your info. The EU spent billions on the pre purchase of vaccines not yet developed. The difference with the UK is it abandoned science and started to pump people with vaccines not properly tested, that's how the UK got ahead of the game. It worked, well done, but that tactic won't work all the time. Why do you think the UK gave AZ a full indemnity against any and all side affects from their vaccine.

This is why we have the situation of the EU looking to prevent any EU manufactured vaccines being shipped to countries such as the UK that act in such bad faith. But whats new, you have Johnson breaking intentional law twice and now being sued by the EU, why stop at that, the UK hoarding vaccines and laughing at others that don't produce their own, disgraceful behaviour from a developed country.
The EU will continue to manufacture vaccines and will continue to deliver to countries that need them in parallel to looking after it's own people. Early days yet, lets see where things sit come June or July.

Who do you think had a contract first with AZ, the EU or the UK ?

In short, are Brits are going to die from dodgy flu vaccine.

Oh well, it makes a change from dying of starvation after the Micks turned off the beef supplies
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on March 19, 2021, 12:18:17 AM
The EU also has contracts with companies, AZ included. But AZ is delinquent in fulfilling this. AZ have said their contract with the UK excludes them from shipping outside the UK until all vaccine deliveries to the UK are complete. Your listening to more UK rag press, you really need to stop that and try get some more reliable sources for your info. The EU spent billions on the pre purchase of vaccines not yet developed. The difference with the UK is it abandoned science and started to pump people with vaccines not properly tested, that's how the UK got ahead of the game. It worked, well done, but that tactic won't work all the time. Why do you think the UK gave AZ a full indemnity against any and all side affects from their vaccine.

This is why we have the situation of the EU looking to prevent any EU manufactured vaccines being shipped to countries such as the UK that act in such bad faith. But whats new, you have Johnson breaking intentional law twice and now being sued by the EU, why stop at that, the UK hoarding vaccines and laughing at others that don't produce their own, disgraceful behaviour from a developed country.
The EU will continue to manufacture vaccines and will continue to deliver to countries that need them in parallel to looking after it's own people. Early days yet, lets see where things sit come June or July.

The UK rag press? no actually the BBC, but let's be clear you are swallowing and  then reposting on here the bilge from brussels.

Pathetic really Gerry but people all over the eu are less than happy with the reponse in their respective countries toeing the eu line.

Did you not see how Merkel's party did in recent elections and how unpopular Macron is in France......mostly down to covid,not long ago you were telling us AV were producing an unsafe vaccine now the ema approve it it's all the UK's fault.

Look at the figures now from the Beeb
QuoteThe UK experienced one of the worst rates of death in Europe in the first half of 2020, as previously reported, but in the second half of the year, six countries overtook the UK.

That meant by the end of the year the UK was in the top 10 worst-hit countries analysed but no longer at the top.

The worst-affected countries were Poland, Spain, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Slovenia.

Data was not available for the full year for Italy.

Data covers up to mid-December, and of course, the picture is still evolving.

In the UK, there were 89,000 Covid deaths in 2020 and there have been 56,000 so far in 2021. And countries across Europe are seeing very different rates of infections now, which will lead to different patterns of death in the future.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 18, 2021, 04:06:45 PM
Our party is not disunited for nothing. We are not afraid to be critical of our own.

That is a laugh.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

George orwell 1984
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 18, 2021, 03:38:06 PM
He also appears to want to row back on the only thing people liked about us - our policies - in pursuit of narrow centrism that transforms little.

You have said this before , and upon scrutiny , your argument was based on the 2017 election manifesto that you argued the average voter liked.

I pointed out to you , as i do now , that although the average voter may have liked your policies in that particular manifesto , they didnt like it enough to elect you into government which is the only thing that matters.

I point out as well the election in 2017 labour fought was against arguably the worst conservative leader in modern history and certainly one of the worst conservative election campaigns i can remember  , and still corbyn and his "well liked" policies couldnt win.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on March 18, 2021, 10:01:22 PM
Gerry you must be having a laugh,AZ the EMA now says is good to go......the UK got companies to make contractual obligations to supply whist the eu sat on its hands and did nowt,there is no bar by the UK on vaccine export.

VDerL has being doing a great job, what lies do you think have been going on ?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Great one liners,you don't read the news then?

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on March 18, 2021, 10:14:44 PM
However the EU is handing out, it might not be able to buy any vaccines now that Joe Biden has decided to give it all to the Canadians and Mexicans.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/us-to-send-vaccine-stockpile-to-mexico-canada-dashing-eu-hopes-1.4513964 

Do you even read what you post, the USA is looking to send 2.5m doses to Mexico and 1.5m to Canada. Not really the quantities of vaccines the EU is looking for. The Eu has shipped 38m vaccines to other countries, including the UK (9m). How many has the UK shipped ? zero ?

The USA is only sending these as the AZ vaccine isn't approved for use in the USA and why should they let this go to waste.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on March 18, 2021, 07:23:33 PM
Couldn't see any mention of how much money the EU had provided, Gerry. Any info on that one?

However the EU is handing out, it might not be able to buy any vaccines now that Joe Biden has decided to give it all to the Canadians and Mexicans.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/us-to-send-vaccine-stockpile-to-mexico-canada-dashing-eu-hopes-1.4513964 
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on March 18, 2021, 08:47:12 PM
Really busy with work !
I see the great British exceptionalism hasn't faded, the evil EU dare thinking of doing half of what the righteous UK has been up to. But jokes aside AZ has proven to be a very unreliable company, not coming out of this looking good at all, I hear their deliveries now to the UK are faltering.

Gerry you must be having a laugh,AZ the EMA now says is good to go......the UK got companies to make contractual obligations to supply whist the eu sat on its hands and did nowt,there is no bar by the UK on vaccine export.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Great one liners,you don't read the news then?

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on March 18, 2021, 07:23:33 PM
Couldn't see any mention of how much money the EU had provided, Gerry. Any info on that one?
Not disclosed, part of the purchase agreement but I heard it was 300m. But that's not money for free, a down payment for future delivery on Vaccines if developed.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on March 18, 2021, 07:11:50 PM
Oh hello Gerry where've you been whilst Von Der Liar et al have been making fools of themselves and annoying a lot of eu citizens?
It's taken you a good while to  post this excuse for them. :P
Really busy with work !
I see the great British exceptionalism hasn't faded, the evil EU dare thinking of doing half of what the righteous UK has been up to. But jokes aside AZ has proven to be a very unreliable company, not coming out of this looking good at all, I hear their deliveries now to the UK are faltering.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on March 18, 2021, 08:27:56 PM
Gunning for an argument?,I was disagreeing is all and provided a non mail link.
I believe the non Mail link was a Lib Dem party one, which I may not totally trust either.

Nevertheless I was mostly agreeing with you re Thornberry which you have never acknowledged, simply sought to find things to argue about.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on March 18, 2021, 08:21:53 PM
Not really no. I was referring to your excessively harsh tone in gunning for an argument with me when I was mostly agreeing with you, my only real crime being to point out the fact that the Mail is not widely regarded as a reliable source by people like me. I was not really disagreeing with you re Thornberry, who is a middle class careerist snob who only pretends to be left when she thinks it will further her career. She is in it for herself, having taken on board fully the ideals of middle class aspiration and a desire never to let an opportunity to better herself go amiss, and principles be damned. I wouldn't trust her with a bargepole, in spite of her popularity with some middle class party members. Is that not damning enough for you, or must I call for her to be burned at the stake as well?
Gunning for an argument?,I was disagreeing is all and provided a non mail link.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on March 18, 2021, 06:33:23 PM
So calling Thornberry and Von Der Liar is harsh.....really?
Not really no. I was referring to your excessively harsh tone in gunning for an argument with me when I was mostly agreeing with you, my only real crime being to point out the fact that the Mail is not widely regarded as a reliable source by people like me. I was not really disagreeing with you re Thornberry, who is a middle class careerist snob who only pretends to be left when she thinks it will further her career. She is in it for herself, having taken on board fully the ideals of middle class aspiration and a desire never to let an opportunity to better herself go amiss, and principles be damned. I wouldn't trust her with a bargepole, in spite of her popularity with some middle class party members. Is that not damning enough for you, or must I call for her to be burned at the stake as well?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on March 18, 2021, 05:52:49 PM"The European Commission presented on 17 June a European strategy to accelerate the development, manufacturing and deployment of effective and safe vaccines against COVID-19. In return for the right to buy a specified number of vaccine doses in a given timeframe, the Commission would finance part of the upfront costs faced by vaccines producers in the form of Advance Purchase Agreements. Funding provided would be considered as a down-payment on the vaccines that will actually be purchased by Member States."
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_20_1438
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on March 18, 2021, 05:52:49 PM
First the EU did help fund AZ to develop their Vaccine. See below, back in June the EU agreed to purchase 300m doses of the vaccine in a advanced purchase agreement, the advance payment helped the vaccine development and that money was set against future deliveries. The EU in their contract specifically mentions two AZ facilities in the EU as well as the EU manufacturing. It is AZ that is breaking contracts.

"The European Commission presented on 17 June a European strategy to accelerate the development, manufacturing and deployment of effective and safe vaccines against COVID-19. In return for the right to buy a specified number of vaccine doses in a given timeframe, the Commission would finance part of the upfront costs faced by vaccines producers in the form of Advance Purchase Agreements. Funding provided would be considered as a down-payment on the vaccines that will actually be purchased by Member States."
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_20_1438

The EU has an issue with AZ and not particularily the UK, but what's happening is the UK has restricted AZ from shipping any of it's UK manufactured vaccine out of the UK. The EU on the other hand has shipped 38million vaccine viles out of the EU, the UK has received 9million of these. Somewhat hypocritical of the UK taking offence that the EU is considering restricting shipments to specific countries when the UK does exactly that to ALL countries.
So what is it the EU is looking to do ?  well they are considering blocking the shipment of EU manufactured vaccines to any country that manufactures vaccines and prevents the shipment of any of those vaccines out of their country but are receiving vaccines manufactured in the EU. The EU will continue to ship to countries like Canada or Africa where they don't manufacture themselves but may stop shipping to countries like the UK and USA who have a blockade on shipping out of their country.

So while many of you are thinking the EU=bad, it's no where as bad as the UK who won't ship to anyone.
Oh hello Gerry where've you been whilst Von Der Liar et al have been making fools of themselves and annoying a lot of eu citizens?
It's taken you a good while to  post this excuse for them. :P