Main Menu

So Ner!

Started by cromwell, March 17, 2021, 10:22:16 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on March 26, 2021, 11:39:37 AMNot what was being spouted on here is it,still I expect it'll be dismissed as a story from a rag and lies,except it's all down on film.

Unusual for the Grauniard to publish anything critical of the EU. Usually if it's something that doesn't chime with their own position, they simply don't carry a story on it.

cromwell

Oh dear now Jean Claude has criticised the eu for being too slow and cautious,budget conscious too and says a vaccine war would be stupid.......are you listening Dublin?......course not.

Not what was being spouted on here is it,still I expect it'll be dismissed as a story from a rag and lies,except it's all down on film.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/25/jean-claude-juncker-criticises-eu-over-covid-vaccine-spat-with-uk
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

AZ it seems (according to DM anyway) have forgone a potential £21 billion in profits as a result of charging the "at cost" price for their vaccine and "wouldn't do it again". I don't blame them. The political point scoring in this story is a sad indictment of an action that had a noble aim.

None of this however will go acknowledged by the EUs cheerleader in chief on here. It's difficult to see a realistic motive for AZ to deliberately provoke a problem by failing to supply one party over another, or to get involved in a high stakes political game when they had little to gain and so much to lose. There is one party in all this however who has had the most to lose by a former.member appearing to be so much more successful in handling their program than they themselves were.

In fact, in the end, we all lose. As has been reported, there will be new strains and variants of this virus, and potentially new ones altogether in future. I can't see any pharma company that would now risk any kind common good motivations after this

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on March 26, 2021, 03:19:17 AM
Actually I have said exactly the same thing in the past.

Nevertheless "you lost, get over it" is an immature and childish response which can be deployed against any vote that dodn't go the way you wanted.

And it doesn't alter the fact that kilt daddy's people voted against the Brexit he so loves, and he has been reliant upon the votes of the English imposing it upon them in his name.
[highlight]Gerry is not "my mate". [/highlight]He is merely a fairly reasonable poster whom I agree with sometimes and who mostly avoids stooping to Badfellowesque personal attacks and outright lies.
To that highlighted I accept, but perhaps when bias is alleged of others it's an understandable retort.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 26, 2021, 09:11:04 AM
Its not that i say it, look for yourself and see whats happening. You shouldnt be bothered by me, but by whats happening.
But then I ain't, so you be bothered for me.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: HDQQ on March 25, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
I wonder what would have been the position on vaccines if we'd still been in the EU.

Individual EU countries have pursued their own policies on vaccines as well as coming under the EU's umbrella policy.

Since the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was developed here by a half-British, half Swedish company, if our government had got pre-orders in early like they did, then the contract would probably have been similar and the row now might well have been the same.
Except the UK govt didnt get pre orders in early. They got 1 order in and it was AFTER the EU gave AZ their order.
Why do you think there is so much fuss.

Delivery of vaccines EU to UK over 10m
Delivery of vaccines UK to Anywhere 0m

And johnson thinks the EU is being unfair thinking of partially stopping some exports, hummm.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 25, 2021, 08:17:27 PM
Well if you say so, but then the rest of world is shifting direction so I cannot say I am overly bothered by you or them.
Its not that i say it, look for yourself and see whats happening. You shouldnt be bothered by me, but by whats happening.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on March 25, 2021, 11:32:25 PM

Scotland majority voted to remain in the euref after being told in the indy ref if they voted to leave the UK they would not be able to remain in the eu so on that basis they are entitled to another referendum though I hope they vote to stay but it's their call.

Actually I have said exactly the same thing in the past.

Nevertheless "you lost, get over it" is an immature and childish response which can be deployed against any vote that dodn't go the way you wanted.

And it doesn't alter the fact that kilt daddy's people voted against the Brexit he so loves, and he has been reliant upon the votes of the English imposing it upon them in his name.

Quote from: cromwell on March 25, 2021, 11:32:25 PM
...your mate Gerry...
Gerry is not "my mate". He is merely a fairly reasonable poster whom I agree with sometimes and who mostly avoids stooping to Badfellowesque personal attacks and outright lies.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on March 25, 2021, 06:22:57 PM
You talking about the Scottish independence referendum of 2014?

Nah, thought not, lol.

Different rules for different votes, depending upon whether they went your way or not.

Fecking hypocrite, lol.
Actually no,as someone who has had many a row with Thomas where it's got quite heated and I've been described in far worse ways than you as a confirmed unionist you're wrong.

Scotland majority voted to remain in the euref after being told in the indy ref if they voted to leave the UK they would not be able to remain in the eu so on that basis they are entitled to another referendum though I hope they vote to stay but it's their call.

Conversely your mate Gerry whose country had a referendum where the eu didn't like the result were shamefully told to go back  and vote again until brussels were satisfied,even more shamefully Gerry in the past defended the eu on that so if you're looking for hypocrites........

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on March 25, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
I wonder what would have been the position on vaccines if we'd still been in the EU.

Individual EU countries have pursued their own policies on vaccines as well as coming under the EU's umbrella policy.

Since the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was developed here by a half-British, half Swedish company, if our government had got pre-orders in early like they did, then the contract would probably have been similar and the row now might have been the same.

TBH Quackers if we hadn't got the vote to leave it's quite likely the europhiles would be in the ascendancy and we'd be in the same boat as the rest of the eu......lumbering along with politicos talking crap and doing nowt.

HDQQ

Since the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was developed here by a half-British, half Swedish company, if our government had got pre-orders in early like they did, then the contract would probably have been similar and the row now might well have been the same.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 25, 2021, 07:17:32 PM
You better tell that to all the industries that are considering downsizing, leaving for the eu or closing. Handy though, brexiteers and politicians can blame it all on covid
Well if you say so, but then the rest of world is shifting direction so I cannot say I am overly bothered by you or them.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 25, 2021, 07:04:25 PM
Nothing that cannot be sorted with some brains and a little ingenuity.
You better tell that to all the industries that are considering downsizing, leaving for the eu or closing. Handy though, brexiteers and politicians can blame it all on covid

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 25, 2021, 05:51:19 PM
So there's been no bad news since leaving, all sunshine and roses ?
Nothing that cannot be sorted with some brains and a little ingenuity.

srb7677

Quote from: GerryT on March 25, 2021, 05:58:48 PM

First everyone knows "leave" won
They didn't in Scotland though.

But curiously our resident Scottish nationalist is more than dilighted to have the English impose their will on the Scots - in a "British" vote - if it's something he likes.

Quite self-interestedly contemptible, if you ask me, not to mention hypocritical.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.