Main Menu

So Ner!

Started by cromwell, March 17, 2021, 10:22:16 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

This is like watching Mike Tyson fight Alan Carr  :D

Thomas

QuoteGerman constitutional court stops ratification of EU recovery fund

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's constitutional court said on Friday that the president may not sign off on legislation ratifying the European Union's Recovery Fund as long as it was looking into an emergency appeal against the debt-financed investment plan.

The statement by Germany's highest court, after both chambers of parliament ratified legislation this week, did not give a time frame when a legal decision could be expected.

Opponents of the EU's recovery plan, including the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party and a group called Citizens' Will Alliance, argue that it violates European treaties by opening the door to joint borrowing by member states.

Finance Minister Olaf Scholz, a backer of the project, has said the Fund marks the first step towards a "fiscal union" in which member states will transfer more powers to Brussels away from national capitals.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-debt/german-constitutional-court-stops-ratification-of-eu-recovery-fund-idUSKBN2BI2FR

ohh dear....

https://youtu.be/xxMpezM4h1E
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on March 27, 2021, 02:11:23 PM
Thomas your clutching at straws. I'm fully aware and was fully aware that the UK left the start of 2020. Gone, out, no returning, finished. But it remained in the harbour until 2021 when it said into the sunny uplands, opp's it didn't because it won't implement any of it's contractual arrangements, simple one's like doing import checks at Dover or like implementing the Irish sea border like it agreed to.
So go get the post where I said differently.

here you go gerry another example of your duplicitous cac...

Quote from: GerryT on September 08, 2020, 04:00:43 PM
The UK is out, your signing off with "The uk will properly be out in 17 weeks time." alot. Just pointing out the UK has left. Before it did it could have decided to stay, now it can't. Because it's out.

my reply...

Quote from: Thomas on September 08, 2020, 06:12:26 PM

The uk isnt out. Its in transition.

Heres what the word means gerry.

and that process will finish come the end of the year.

We have no parliamentary representation , but we are still taking rules and paying fees , of which the whole brexit referendum was about the uk not taking rules , and not paying fees.

you replied...
author=GerryT link=topic=1724.msg36574#msg36574 date=1599585578

Spin on your head Thomas the UK has left the EU, gone, finished. Any word will do. It can't leave a second time unless it rejoins.

Think of it like leaving the golf club but they let you use the course for the rest of the year. Your out. You no longer can use the members bar, or vote at the AGM.
That's why the UK doesn't have its 73 MEP's, it doesn't have a seat at the council, it doesn't send a commissioner. It doesn't have a vote, that's because it's out.

Maybe you forgot.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/jan/31/brexit-day-britain-prepares-leave-eu-live-news-updates

and the thread...

https://pol-tics.com/brexit/5/barnier-done/1724/msg36574#msg36574

another clear example of the lies , and twists and turns  , of your peurile debating.

No very good at this machiavellian thing are you gerry? :D

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on March 27, 2021, 02:15:15 PM
But I'll be back to that nonsense you posted, remember Thomas, keep saying this to yourself, must try harder, must try harder.

Today , gerry tells me im talking nonsense and that i must try harder , yet only 6 months ago gerry was arse licking with me and telling me how much knowledge i have on issues like the eu when it suits.

As i said gerry , everyone on here can see that utter cac you post on a daily basis regarding your beloved eu.

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
Thomas you demonstrate a strong understanding of the EU/UK/Scotland/IRL and i'm sure many other areas that haven't been discussed, but that can't be said about a lot of people on here, there's a void between opinions and reality about the EU.

Thomas

ok gerry will have a look when i get the chance.

Heres another one of your predictions though , which has so far failed to materialise , and we are in the last few days of march.... :D ;D

Quote from: GerryT on September 01, 2020, 01:06:51 AM
It's all talk until the UK effectively leaves in January, as things start to pinch that's when Johnson will be under the spotlight. My money is on him stepping down (running for it) by March.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on March 27, 2021, 02:15:15 PM
Have no idea why your laughing, that was true then and it's still true today. Picture it, the UK as a EU member would have wanted the EU to export zero vaccines around the world but use all those countries ingredients to make their own vaccines. Such hypocrites, so happy your out. But I'll be back to that nonsense you posted, remember Thomas, keep saying this to yourself, must try harder, must try harder.

Thank god we left is all i can say after watching that eu vaccine horror story unfold.

Gerry keep telling yourself must try harder to win hearts and minds must try harder.......... :D

Thomas

Thomas your clutching at straws.

Im not clutching at any straws simply highlighting your duplicity , and the bullshit you come out with time and again.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2021, 01:59:39 PM
:D
Have no idea why your laughing, that was true then and it's still true today. Picture it, the UK as a EU member would have wanted the EU to export zero vaccines around the world but use all those countries ingredients to make their own vaccines. Such hypocrites, so happy your out. But I'll be back to that nonsense you posted, remember Thomas, keep saying this to yourself, must try harder, must try harder.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on March 27, 2021, 01:59:02 PM
Brexit only started 3 months ago, we'll be talking about brexit for the next 20 yrs.

Thats not true is it?

Brexit started a long time agao , there have been eurosceptic rumblings especially in england for decades. I am old enough to vaguely remember the trouble major had with eurosceptic tories in the nineties , not to mention the fact it has been a serious topic of conversation debate and of course party to a referendum vote and a number of general election votes now for 5 years , starting with camerons promise to enact a referndum if he won the 2015 GE , which he did.

So we have been talking about it for years , but everyone is tired of it now , its done and dusted , and woe betide any uk political party trying to take the uk or england back in in the near future , or tie the uk into a BRINO.

QuoteFascinating topic don't you think.

Not really , and of course your latest dodge still doesnt answer the question of why you , a so called foereigner who deosnt live in the uk , talks about it to the exclusion of all else , even to the point of totally ignoring your "own " countries politics ?

QuoteIf it were such a simple thing how come the UK govt can't implement it.

What are you talking about. Are you now backtracking and trying to imply we havent left ?

::)

QuoteAnd you say I'm flinging shit, like any examples ?

Examples? Every single post of yours on this forum is brexit related and has the sole intention of flinging shit in every way shape and form at brexit.

If you are trying to "win " hearts and minds for the future and possible rejoining scenario , or some sort of deal that ties us to the eu , you are doing a piss poor job of it.

QuoteAnd why is it you don't want to discuss what was promised before brexit and what was delivered.

I didnt vote brexit , and i wasnt promised anything. Why is it though , when those who did vote brexit tell you why they voted brexit , and would do so again , you ignore it , and carry on with the peurile attempt to slag brexit off in every conceivable way when clearly you arent convincing anyone?

What even more unexplicable is the fact you arent even ( allegedly) a uk citizen , so whats it to you?

QuoteAnd you say I'm flinging shit, like any examples ?   please some examples. Because all I think I am doing is outlining the facts to balance the propaganda that is usually seen here. Take this thread for example, it starts with Cromwell being shocked at the EU looking to ban vaccine exports to limited places, but he doesn't see the irony that position while the UK exports nothing, then we had the unfounded "liar gate" which fizzled out. Then Barry thought the EU funded nothing when they gave 336m to AZ to fund the vaccine which is considerably more than what the UK gave £65.5m. Sampanviking thought it was a conspiracy to punish the UK. Cromwell thought the UK made contractual agreements to supply vaccines while the EU sat on it's hands, many had that view until it was shown the EU contracted with AZ before the UK did. That's a lot of misinformation and non-truths to start with.

Well if i was a europhile like you gerry , i wouldnt be talking about the disaster that is the eu vaccination programme dont you think? :D

Your lone voice of defelction from all eu culpability is like a feckin drop in the ocean of those who are looking in in horror at the state of the eu have got themselves into.

Thank feck we arent part of that shitshow.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2021, 01:40:30 PM

No you claim time after time....fill in loads of crap here....
Thomas your clutching at straws. I'm fully aware and was fully aware that the UK left the start of 2020. Gone, out, no returning, finished. But it remained in the harbour until 2021 when it said into the sunny uplands, opp's it didn't because it won't implement any of it's contractual arrangements, simple one's like doing import checks at Dover or like implementing the Irish sea border like it agreed to.
I'm popping out so will come back to this post tomorrow, just to show the nonsense you post.

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 26, 2021, 03:35:33 PM
Feck off, Gerry.

You've still never answered the question as to why you are constantly posting here when you've claimed time after time after time not to be interested in Britain or Brexit. Yet here you are. Again. Its like listening to a fecking broken Val Doonican record.

Quote from: GerryT on May 11, 2020, 10:20:38 AM

God no, I don't want the UK to stay, certainly not with the way the past 3yrs have gone. Can you picture the mess of the EU they would make having a vote at EU proceedings, no I think we dodged a bullet with the UK leaving.

:D

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2021, 12:54:19 PM
So what are you doing on here , as both myself deppity dawg and many others have asked you time and again?

You never ever talk about uk politics outwith brexit related , and you never mention irish politics.

You havent moved on at all , your whole raison d`etre on this forum is to fling constant shit at brexit in every way shape and form the the utter and total exculsion of everything else .

Why is that when you arent even a uk citizen , ( allegedly)?

::)
Brexit only started 3 months ago, we'll be talking about brexit for the next 20 yrs. Fascinating topic don't you think. If it were such a simple thing how come the UK govt can't implement it. They didn't want extensions and then then asked for extensions. They they didn't want extensions and they they give themselves unilateral extensions breaking agreements. They haven't fully implemented border controls with imports from mainland EU to UK. When when when will the UK do brexit, isn't it supposed to be the easiest thing in the whole world, that's what Liam Fox was saying.

And you say I'm flinging shit, like any examples ?   please some examples. Because all I think I am doing is outlining the facts to balance the propaganda that is usually seen here. Take this thread for example, it starts with Cromwell being shocked at the EU looking to ban vaccine exports to limited places, but he doesn't see the irony that position while the UK exports nothing, then we had the unfounded "liar gate" which fizzled out. Then Barry thought the EU funded nothing when they gave 336m to AZ to fund the vaccine which is considerably more than what the UK gave £65.5m. Sampanviking thought it was a conspiracy to punish the UK. Cromwell thought the UK made contractual agreements to supply vaccines while the EU sat on it's hands, many had that view until it was shown the EU contracted with AZ before the UK did. That's a lot of misinformation and non-truths to start with.

And why is it you don't want to discuss what was promised before brexit and what was delivered. On a political debating forum you would think that wold be the basics.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on March 27, 2021, 01:02:05 PM

No you claim time after time that I am not interested in Britain or Brexit.

Gerry you are full of shit as ever.

Seriously.

Heres an example ( of the many to choose from) of the utter cac you talk on this forum.

Earlier in the thread you said this...

Quote from: GerryT on March 21, 2021, 01:48:03 PM
What would other EU countries do and that included the UK as a defacto EU member at the time ?

which i pulled you up over.....

Quote from: Thomas on March 22, 2021, 08:07:35 AM
You sat on this forum and our old one for a year telling us how the uk had left the eu on 31/01/2020 and when i replied the uk hadnet fully left , it was in transition and remained a de facto member  , you argued the opposite , and now when the arugment suits , you try and spin it the other way.

and this was your lying reply.....

Quote from: GerryT on March 22, 2021, 09:13:59 AM
No I didn't, your taking after Boris the liar. The UK left as a member 2020, and remained a defacto member

A clear example , as deppity is insinuating in his posts to you , of the lies and duplicity and outright web of decit you try and weave on this forum.

here is a reply of yours over a year ago saying the very thing you claim you didnt say in reply to smurf...

Quote from: GerryT on January 01, 2020, 01:34:17 AM

Eh no, the uk leaves end Jan. The transition is after the uk leaves and it's a short period (11 months) when the eu/uk continue the existing relationship to allow talks on a future relationship to start.

and a similar one from you to barry....

Quote from: GerryT on January 01, 2020, 01:39:42 AM

Like I said, end jan the uk leaves.

Thats the thing about liars like you gerry , you weave such a web of deceit that in the end , you cant keep up with the lies you tell and they catch you out.

Quote from: GerryT on December 31, 2019, 02:23:33 PM

?  What do you mean the EU approving the deal, the UK leaves on the 31st Jan unless the UK asks for another extension.

GerryT

Feck off, Gerry. The article sticks to the facts, eg whats know, and doesn't speculate about what might have been exported and what might not. Neither does the article sink to slating Astra Zeneca and make plays on its name like "Disastrazeneca". Its about as far away from your jaundiced and bitter narrative as its possible to be
The facts, the article says:
While the EU council president stated the UK banned vaccines and Johnson was quick to reply they haddened, the EU came back with:
"On the same day, President Michel told POLITICO: "They said that they didn't decide a ban in the U.K. We know, and I know because I am a politician, that there are different ways to impose a ban or to impose restrictions on vaccines and/or on medicines, because on medicines there is a clear ban."
Johnson hasn't yet replied, very telling.

On the statement that the EU are exporting vaccines and the UK have not, from the article:
"The president of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, said on 17 March that over the previous six weeks, 41 million doses had been exported to 33 countries."
"But it does also seem to be the case that no vaccines manufactured in the UK have been exported."

In fact it's now 20m vaccines that the EU has shipped to the UK, in total the EU exported globally 77m, keeping 88m for it's own citizens. Just think if the EU had done like the UK and hoarded all their vaccines we could then crow about how brilliant the EU is, just like the UK.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-summit-vaccines-exports-idUSKBN2BH2AG

All you've done in this thread is fawn all over the EU as usual, whilst constantly slating a company that's tried to produce a vaccine at cost in the fight against a global problem. Anyone who wasn't familiar with your posting style could be forgiven for thinking the fact that the company in question is part British riles you up, while those of us who've been reading your utter shite for several years can see straight through it

Like I said earlier, I commend AZ for selling at cost, that's not the issue. It's their underhanded way of doing business. Answer this. If AZ had signed a contract to not export from the UK until all UK order were delivered this must have been done in secret before the purchase of vaccine orders were placed. I've read both the EU and UK contract and no such clause exists. If that's the case then why didn't the UK inform the EU when it was taking 336m to develop the vaccine. If that were known the EU would have put that money elsewhere. No AZ acted underhand and one could argue illegally, the EU contract is riddled with clauses stating AZ had to inform the EU of any impediment to fulfilling the contract, including shipping vaccines from the UK. Stop trying to make AZ or your UK govt as virtuous, far from it.
So what shite can you see through, some examples please or we know what your talking.

No mention of the US, even though its specifically mentioned in the article though, eh? Funny that, that you seem content to leave the US out of your bitter sniping, when accused of doing the exact same thing you accuse the "durty braddish" of. Perhaps thats because the EU is currently engaged in a "cosying up" exercise with it in order to repair its own damaged reputation, eh
No the US got a mention earlier on, but two differences. The US are shipping to other countries and their not taking any vaccines from the EU for their country. The US say openly that they are hoarding while the UK pretend that they aren't, even when their worse than the US. The EU have said that they will consider banning export to countries such as the UK and US, it also got a mention.
https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/eu-threatens-vaccine-export-ban-prompting-uk-australian-backlash

You've still never answered the question as to why you are constantly posting here when you've claimed time after time after time not to be interested in Britain or Brexit. Yet here you are. Again. Its like listening to a fecking broken Val Doonican record.
No you claim time after time that I am not interested in Britain or Brexit.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on March 25, 2021, 05:58:48 PM

What's being discussed is looking at what was promised and said before leaving and looking at what actually happened.

No it isnt. This is what YOU want  to discuss , despite borkie and many others who voted for brexit telling you they didnt vote brexit for sunny uplands or financial reward , but simply because they didnt want to be part of the european union , for better or worse.

What part of that do YOU not understand?