Main Menu

So Ner!

Started by cromwell, March 17, 2021, 10:22:16 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 10:31:04 AM
Is it? If you'd bothered to look back at this whole saga over the years you'd see many who voted Brexit saw there may be ups and downs along the way but in the long run it was the best thing for this country.

Boring and predictably you didn't and fell back on a well worn slur.
It was the best thing ??  or do you mean it maybe the best thing, with time. But if you think it has been great, can you share a list of the great brexit dividends since leaving.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 06:11:02 AM
When Gerry argues around when we exactly left the eu and then asks "is it sinking in yet" yes Gerry we know and we're happy,but you apparently think we should be full of woe and strangely in your last post link the BBC and UK parliament to support your point both of which you very recently rubbished as liars.

As they say "Ignorance is bliss" then you Gerry must be happier than most.

Well if the pro brexit BBC say the UK left end Jan 2020 then who's going to argue with that. Thomas has a hard time accepting that. In fact getting brexiteers to agree with anything factual is very very difficult. It's not even a big deal, other that Thomas trying to make me out as a liar when in actual fact my comments were 100% factual.
For the last time, the UK left end Jan 2021, you can't leave twice. Not that it's a big deal really, other to show Thomas up as the fool he is.

Barry

https://youtu.be/EOOPIGDS7XQ

She's forgotten we are independent.
She also stutters because she knows the Brussels contract was not as robust as the UK contract.
Daniel Hannan wrote a good piece in the Telegraph, for those who subscribe:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/04/should-generous-eu-despite-petulant-dangerous-behaviour/
A taster:
QuoteThe case for vaccine magnanimity is both moral and practical. We have largely inoculated the groups most at risk here, and there is a straightforward humanitarian argument for prioritising vulnerable people in nearby countries over healthy British twenty-year-olds.

There is also a selfish rationale. We want our neighbours to be rich, so that they buy more of our stuff. We want to visit their beaches and ski resorts. We want to reduce the risk of a new strain entering Britain.

"You might feel very happy on your little island when you are all vaccinated, but your island might feel very small when you cannot leave it because your neighbours are not vaccinated," a Commission official told CNN last week.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on April 01, 2021, 02:13:57 PM

In my experience, the ones at the bottom and who had the most to lose were the ones who voted Brexit.
Sadly there is quite a lot of truth in that. In all too many cases tabloid readers believing the crap they read. Which latter fact explains why Brexit was such a hit amongst older working class people and less so amongst younger ones. It's the former who buy, read and gullibly buy into all the crap they read in their papers. And thereby exposing as nonsense the purported fact that age always brings with it wisdom.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on April 01, 2021, 01:25:34 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/met-police-have-plan-to-deal-with-money-rebellion-protest-in-london/ar-BB1fas27?ocid=msedgntp
Ah well you see, it seems Borchesters middle class chums think it is a good thing anyway, if the monetary system does collapse. Or should that be the money tree I am never sure. It is much more fun watching them anyway, the Drama and theatre beats the BBC tripe by a mile.

My middle class chums were crapping razor blades at the thought of losing their East European skivvies and being denied access to their second homes in Brittany. I tried to explain to them that the first could be solved by paying a living wage and that the second is not much different from a chalet at Margate, but they would not have it and voted Remain.

In my experience, the ones at the bottom and who had the most to lose were the ones who voted Brexit.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on April 01, 2021, 01:19:41 PM
The sanity in action campaign said that if you sit on a porcupine you'll get a sore arse. A lot of you believed them but sat on the porcupine anyway.

Now that has got to be a definition of stupidity right there. Lol
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/met-police-have-plan-to-deal-with-money-rebellion-protest-in-london/ar-BB1fas27?ocid=msedgntp
Ah well you see, it seems Borchesters middle class chums think it is a good thing anyway, if the monetary system does collapse. Or should that be the money tree I am never sure. It is much more fun watching them anyway, the Drama and theatre beats the BBC tripe by a mile.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on April 01, 2021, 12:24:19 PM

The whole pro Remain campaign was based on the premise that if we left the EU then the UK's economy would fall off a cliff. A lot of Brexiters, including myself, believed you. But we still voted to leave.

The sanity in action campaign said that if you sit on a porcupine you'll get a sore arse. A lot of you believed them but sat on the porcupine anyway.

Now that has got to be a definition of stupidity right there. Lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on April 01, 2021, 09:21:15 AM
Very much the same could be said for you Brexiteer shower. Any negative impacts? Quickly shove head in the sand and ignore it. Or blame someone or something else. How about blaming the EU? Why change the habits of a lifetime just because we are not in it anymore?

Very boringly predictable

Give us a break Steve.

The whole pro Remain campaign was based on the premise that if we left the EU then the UK's economy would fall off a cliff. A lot of Brexiters, including myself, believed you. But we still voted to leave.

As a general rule the left appears to  believe that any country, (apart of course from yah boo sucks, the US) is better run than the UK and that as a result pissing on the flag should be made compulsory. The rest of us are think that there might be something in what you say, but until the Labour party learns how to change its nappy and grows up a bit (actually a lot), we will stick with what we know.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 10:31:04 AM
Is it? If you'd bothered to look back at this whole saga over the years you'd see many who voted Brexit saw there may be ups and downs along the way but in the long run it was the best thing for this country.

Time will tell. Three words at least I think we can agree on.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on April 01, 2021, 09:21:15 AM
Very much the same could be said for you Brexiteer shower. Any negative impacts? Quickly shove head in the sand and ignore it. Or blame someone or something else. How about blaming the EU? Why change the habits of a lifetime just because we are not in it anymore?

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Thomas

Moderation
Deleted
Please stop the flaming. Barry
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

When Gerry argues around when we exactly left the eu and then asks "is it sinking in yet" yes Gerry we know and we're happy,but you apparently think we should be full of woe and strangely in your last post link the BBC and UK parliament to support your point both of which you very recently rubbished as liars.

Pretty much cromwell.

The millionth post from gerry re raking over the old ashes of the brexit debate in his usual delusional fashion.

We have went from gerry , his sock puppets and fellow remoaner ilk arguing the uk couldnt cherry pick membership of the eu , we were either in or out , to now arguing remaining in the eu economic and legal structures while losing parliamentry representation ....ie transition , was the uk out.

Its a small but pertinent point , showing how slow witted labour and their remoaner supporters really are , as well as completely tortoise like in their response and tactical nous in dealing with uncomfortable(from their point of view) majority views of the public.

If you look at the remoaner/labour party argument regarding the eu over the 6 year timeline , it went from arguing for the eu pre 2016 , and after the cataclysmic defeat in the democratic referendum , they then delusionally tried to overturn the result before it sank in after yet more electoral kickings this wasnt going to happen , to then just before the 2019 GE trying to flog some pathetic BRINO which failed abysmally. ::)

This is all part of what gerry has been pathetically trying , and failing to do now for a couple of years as he does in this thread , normalise the uk being part of the EU economic and legal structures ie some sort of desperate BRINO which he hopes the uk will be tied to by a future uk government , while claiming the fact we dont have political representation means we are out.......something not only most folk wouldnt accept , but was the very opposite to what he and his ilk argued for years.

Poor auld gerry certainly isnt any alistair campbell spin doctor is he ? With his fake irish persona re running the brexit debate over and over because his "ego" cant accept losing to the extent of ignoring every other political issue .

I do enjoy his puerile posts of how "theres an avocado shortage and its all brexiters fault" while  he tries to ignore( or weakly defend) the elephant in the room that is the catastrophic EU vaccination debacle.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on March 31, 2021, 12:03:37 PM
Of course you haven't Steve  :) :) :) :)
I seriously havent read the kilted wonder's shit. He is not on ignore for nothing. If I did I would probably respond, but he is not worth the effort. I am far happier here not reading his crap.