Main Menu

So Ner!

Started by cromwell, March 17, 2021, 10:22:16 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 10:30:50 AM
Very true, but with 2 shots the % goes over 90%, claims of near 95%. I would feel safe at that level compared to 60 odd % after the first Jab.
No gaurantee is right as even at 95% when your dealing with millions of people some will still get it. But its at a level where the risk is worth taking for most people.

I hope you realise any immunity falls away very, very sharply after as little as six months....

As I've said elsewhere, I've had the first AZ shot and I'll have the second in what will it be June I think, but my reason is it will be the cheapest way to get my all inclusive on a Greek island in September, not because I actually believe it will do any good ...

And I've just realized I am walking evidence the AZ does screw with your blood clotting. I had an INR Test the day before my first jab. It showed my INR was 3.5.

Two weeks later the same test showed my INR was now only 2.5

I've become quite adept at keeping my food diary reasonably balanced since being put on anticoagulants in January.

Something other than diet changes altered my blood chemistry making it go from three and a half times as resistant to clotting (rather too high a thinning if the truth be told) to only two and a half times as resistant (which is inside the target range)

I have another test next Monday. It will be interesting. I have noticed issues in my toes. Nothing worrying but I am thinking the INR value may be crashing below the min target.

I'll keep people posted ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 07, 2021, 08:24:43 AM

Fully protected from what ?

If you were English you would know from the leaflet handed you at the vaccination clinic that "there is no guarantee the vaccine will prevent you catching COVID although it is probable your symptoms will be less severe if you do, and it is not known if the vaccine prevents you passing on the disease..."
Even those that have been vaccinated twice are advised not to meet with their families indoors. Yet, according to plans, those same people will be able to go to a football match with 10,000 others, using a vaccine passport ID.
Therefore it is the passport which gives protection, not the vaccine. What twaddle we are being fed.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 07, 2021, 08:24:43 AM

If you were English you would know from the leaflet handed you at the vaccination clinic that "there is no guarantee the vaccine will prevent you catching COVID although it is probable your symptoms will be less severe if you do, and it is not known if the vaccine prevents you passing on the disease..."
Very true, but with 2 shots the % goes over 90%, claims of near 95%. I would feel safe at that level compared to 60 odd % after the first Jab.
No gaurantee is right as even at 95% when your dealing with millions of people some will still get it. But its at a level where the risk is worth taking for most people.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on April 07, 2021, 02:56:47 AM
You certainly seem better informed than the HSE Gerry. According to it...

"Because supplies of vaccines are limited at the moment, it is not possible to give an exact time for everyone. We know this is disappointing as so many people are looking forward to getting their vaccine."

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/rollout.html
You would need to be listening to social media and comments from those in charge. The HSE website isn't upto date. With the ramp up in supply of the 4 approved vaccines, its reported most adults will have the first jab by the end of May and the second jab soon after as IRL is not going the way the UK did which was to not keep stock for the second jab.
1m shots in April, May and June and ramping up after that.
The single Janssen shot whis is approved is a welcome addition as it speeds up the goal...get people fully vaccinated

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/additional-freedoms-for-the-fully-vaccinated-on-the-way-leo-varadkar-1106879.html

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 06:20:39 PM
Not yet Barry, but should be done soon enough. Heard my Vaccine was shipped to the UK, but no chance of it getting out of there any time soon.

But my Dad got his first vaccine and second one 4 weeks later, that's 2 weeks ago, so he's fully protected. Are you fully protected or are you part of the millions of UK people walking about half protected for months on end ?  must be very reassuring knowing that your partially protected against a killer vaccine while your PM boasts about going for a pint next Monday and opens up the country.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 08:30:17 PM

Well another couple of months and I will have my vaccine and soon after that the second dose. Again, lets see where things are in June.

You certainly seem better informed than the HSE Gerry. According to it...

"Because supplies of vaccines are limited at the moment, it is not possible to give an exact time for everyone. We know this is disappointing as so many people are looking forward to getting their vaccine."

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/rollout.html

Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on April 06, 2021, 06:40:39 PM67% after one dose, apparently, so it's a bit hit and miss, but better than your zilch.
Well if someone told me the condom they manufactured was 65% effective I wouldn't be so happy. Or if someone put 2 bullets in a 6 shooted and wanted to played Russian roulette again I think I would decline.

Quote from: Barry on April 06, 2021, 06:40:39 PMWell, yeah, but it has to be outdoors, or in a marquee which the local pub has set up, so sort of outdoors indoors.
Keep Safe.
Remember hands face space, especially if you've had no vaccinations, Gerry.
Well another couple of months and I will have my vaccine and soon after that the second dose. Again, lets see where things are in June.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 05:39:00 PM
I don't get your point about V.D.Leyen, the EU contract is robust...

It certainly is. It is a lovely contract for vaccines at the right price and in Mrs Leyen's favourite colour.

Unfortunately, the jabs aren't arriving which means that while 50% of Brits have had their shots as opposed to only 15% of Mick.

I tell you Gerry, you are damn lucky to be living in London rather than Ireland

:) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 06:20:39 PM
Not yet Barry, but should be done soon enough. Heard my Vaccine was shipped to the UK, but no chance of it getting out of there any time soon.
Shame on the UK  Union Flag

QuoteBut my Dad got his first vaccine and second one 4 weeks later, that's 2 weeks ago, so he's fully protected.
Excellent
QuoteAre you fully protected or are you part of the millions of UK people walking about half protected for months on end ?
Actually, I'm one of those people who keeps such matters private, Gerry.
Quotemust be very reassuring knowing that your partially protected against a killer vaccine
67% after one dose, apparently, so it's a bit hit and miss, but better than your zilch.
Quotewhile your PM boasts about going for a pint next Monday and opens up the country.
Well, yeah, but it has to be outdoors, or in a marquee which the local pub has set up, so sort of outdoors indoors.
Keep Safe.
Remember hands face space, especially if you've had no vaccinations, Gerry.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on April 06, 2021, 05:30:41 PM
Thomas tells us he voted to remain. Get that into your skull for once.
Read that sentence again, I never said he was a brexiteer. What seems to be hard to get into people's skulls is that the UK left end Jan 2020, or are you at least one person on here that agrees ?

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on April 06, 2021, 05:31:28 PM
How's the vaccinations going, Gerry - had yours yet?

But my Dad got his first vaccine and second one 4 weeks later, that's 2 weeks ago, so he's fully protected. Are you fully protected or are you part of the millions of UK people walking about half protected for months on end ?  must be very reassuring knowing that your partially protected against a killer vaccine while your PM boasts about going for a pint next Monday and opens up the country.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 04:45:27 PM
It was the best thing ??  or do you mean it maybe the best thing, with time. But if you think it has been great, [highlight]can you share a list of the great brexit dividends since leaving.[/highlight]
Tell you what Gerry I'll share a list of the great dividend of having you slagging off the English,Brexit,UK media...........
And here it is

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on April 04, 2021, 11:32:24 AM
https://youtu.be/EOOPIGDS7XQ

She's forgotten we are independent.
She also stutters because she knows the Brussels contract was not as robust as the UK contract.
Daniel Hannan wrote a good piece in the Telegraph, for those who subscribe:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/04/should-generous-eu-despite-petulant-dangerous-behaviour/
A taster:
I don't get your point about V.D.Leyen, the EU contract is robust, that's why AZ are upping their deliveries. But its a company that is woefully behind it's promised targets, their even falling short with the UK promised amount. The EU has the option to stop shipments of vaccines to the UK, something that they haven't yet done but may do, it really depends on how things pan out in the next month or two.

As for the UK giving vaccines to it's neighbours, while that would be welcomed it's never going to happen. A cynical offer, one that has zero intent behind it. Behaviour we are becoming accustomed to by the UK. With less than 10% of the UK fully vaccinated and supply in April being touted as slowing the UK has zero intent on shipping the vaccines they get from the EU anywhere other than to the UK.
Maybe we should just reduce the qty of vaccines the EU sends to the UK by the qty the UK mentions as "we will give to Ireland/ the EU". That would be far easier ?

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 04:45:27 PM
It was the best thing ??  or do you mean it maybe the best thing, with time. But if you think it has been great, can you share a list of the great brexit dividends since leaving.
How's the vaccinations going, Gerry - had yours yet?
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on April 06, 2021, 04:41:22 PM
Well if the pro brexit BBC say the UK left end Jan 2020 then who's going to argue with that. [HIGHLIGHT]Thomas has a hard time accepting that. In fact getting brexiteers to agree with anything factual is very very difficult.[/HIGHLIGHT] It's not even a big deal, other that Thomas trying to make me out as a liar when in actual fact my comments were 100% factual.
For the last time, the UK left end Jan 2021, you can't leave twice. Not that it's a big deal really, other to show Thomas up as the fool he is.
Thomas tells us he voted to remain. Get that into your skull for once.
† The end is nigh †