Main Menu

So Ner!

Started by cromwell, March 17, 2021, 10:22:16 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 18, 2021, 01:39:42 PM
I haven't found confirmation, but I understand the EU have lost their legal action against Astra Zeneca.  Union Flag

edit

Here's Guido:
https://order-order.com/2021/06/18/eu-loses-case-against-astrazeneca/

And they own the court. Being corrupt is one thing, but the EU is incompetent as well.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I haven't found confirmation, but I understand the EU have lost their legal action against Astra Zeneca.  Union Flag

edit

Here's Guido:
https://order-order.com/2021/06/18/eu-loses-case-against-astrazeneca/
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on April 12, 2021, 10:38:58 PM
Had covid last week in December, had 1st jab less than 12 weeks after that. I recon that must be the same as having 2 jabs so come 4th of June when I have my 2nd jab I should be antibodied up to the hilt!!

It is all the fault of that wretched Mrs Leyen. The jabs are probably useless at best and we will all end up growing three heads at worst, but she has made such a cock up of the vaccine supplies that Boris can't help getting one over on her. As a result the entire population is being forced to shoot up as though it were Sataday night in Bogota.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on April 12, 2021, 09:04:47 PM
Getting the 2nd jab on Wednesday.

The clinic rang Madam a couple of hours ago and that is that settled. As a general rule I am suspicious of anyone trying to do me a favour, but in this case I can do without the earache.

Had covid last week in December, had 1st jab less than 12 weeks after that. I recon that must be the same as having 2 jabs so come 4th of June when I have my 2nd jab I should be antibodied up to the hilt!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on April 12, 2021, 07:43:40 PM
I dare say you are carefully considering having the 2nd dose. or not.
For me, I think it will be not.

Getting the 2nd jab on Wednesday.

The clinic rang Madam a couple of hours ago and that is that settled. As a general rule I am suspicious of anyone trying to do me a favour, but in this case I can do without the earache.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on April 12, 2021, 07:43:40 PM

Oh I have decided to have it

I won't get my all inclusive Greek holiday otherwise.

But unlike almost everyone else in the programme, I shall take steps to reduce all the vitamin K sources in my diet for a week after the second dose, and schedule an extra INR blood test.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 12, 2021, 12:49:51 PMI've got away with it, just as I always did on flights. It's a bit like a roulette game ...
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on April 12, 2021, 12:31:54 AM
Sorry John, not something i know much about. I did think that the lower number was an improvement. Yes the AZ vaccine is having issues regarding causing clotting but most cases are with younge people, its why even the UK have stopped giving AZ to people under 30.
Hopefully this is a temporary shift in your numbers and as your body builds immunity that the reaction regarding clotting returns to normal.

No problem

I just had the fortnightly finger stabbing and the clotting factor is back almost exactly where it was the day before I had the AZ jab. And I've not seriously changed my diet, and the dose regimen is the same as it has been for weeks.

So

It seems I am a walking evidence bag pointing the finger at the AZ jab for making my blood thicken.

I've got away with it, just as I always did on flights. It's a bit like a roulette game ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on April 11, 2021, 09:21:15 PM
As far as I am aware they have made 333 million available to AZ.
With more to come.

The UK has made 65 million available to AZ, plus the technology itself and the USA 1.2 billion.

AZ is contractually bound to supply UK first, USA second and the EU who signed up to this 3 months later have no contractual arrangement to prioritise their orders.
You were doing so well until your last paragraph, which is a total fabrication. The UK does not have any clauses in its contract that says its order must be completed first, ive posted both contracts on here so you can read it if you want. It doesn't matter whos contract was signed first but in any case the EU was before the UK. The only reason the UK is getting more is because the EU manufacturing is, for now, shipping to the UL, for now.
The UK on the other hand are playing vaccine nationalism, when the dust settles a very ugly image to have. If I were doing it I'd keep my head down and try not draw attention, puzzling that the UK is crowing how great they are, bizzare.

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 12, 2021, 12:03:17 AM
Reading Gerry's reply to my earlier post I think he may have misunderstood...

My INR (blood clotting ability) reading dropped significantly in the fortnight after the first AZ jab. A drop in INR represents an increase in clotting risk ....

They're trying to keep me around 3.0 (takes three times as long to clot) to curtail the risk of a stroke if a clot forms in the auricles ... The AZ vaccine screwed with this.

The interesting reading will be the one they take tomorrow.

If it shows a return to the 3.0-ish level that will be good. If not I may have to up the anticoagulant dosage...
Sorry John, not something i know much about. I did think that the lower number was an improvement. Yes the AZ vaccine is having issues regarding causing clotting but most cases are with younge people, its why even the UK have stopped giving AZ to people under 30.
Hopefully this is a temporary shift in your numbers and as your body builds immunity that the reaction regarding clotting returns to normal.

johnofgwent

Reading Gerry's reply to my earlier post I think he may have misunderstood...

My INR (blood clotting ability) reading dropped significantly in the fortnight after the first AZ jab. A drop in INR represents an increase in clotting risk ....

They're trying to keep me around 3.0 (takes three times as long to clot) to curtail the risk of a stroke if a clot forms in the auricles ... The AZ vaccine screwed with this.

The interesting reading will be the one they take tomorrow.

If it shows a return to the 3.0-ish level that will be good. If not I may have to up the anticoagulant dosage...

Baff

Quote from: Barry on March 18, 2021, 07:23:33 PM
Couldn't see any mention of how much money the EU had provided, Gerry. Any info on that one?

As far as I am aware they have made 333 million available to AZ.
With more to come.

The UK has made 65 million available to AZ, plus the technology itself and the USA 1.2 billion.

AZ is contractually bound to supply UK first, USA second and the EU who signed up to this 3 months later have no contractual arrangement to prioritise their orders.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on April 07, 2021, 11:42:17 AM
Even those that have been vaccinated twice are advised not to meet with their families indoors. Yet, according to plans, those same people will be able to go to a football match with 10,000 others, using a vaccine passport ID.
Therefore it is the passport which gives protection, not the vaccine. What twaddle we are being fed.
Because the person vaccinated could carry the virus to their family members that haven't been vaccinated and kill them. Whereas an outdoor stadium with people vaccinated poses less risk. But it's still a stupid idea and that level of mixing should be reserved until more people in the UK are FULLY and not half vaccinated.

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 07, 2021, 11:54:53 AMI hope you realise any immunity falls away very, very sharply after as little as six months....
The Jury is out on that, but yes there are theories that people may need booster shots after being fully vaccinated. But getting the first and second dose on time is important, so the 30m people in the UK that have received the first Jab will need the second one as priority over anyone else getting a first Jab. If there is a pinch in deliveries that will affect the roll out to new patients.

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 07, 2021, 11:54:53 AM
As I've said elsewhere, I've had the first AZ shot and I'll have the second in what will it be June I think, but my reason is it will be the cheapest way to get my all inclusive on a Greek island in September, not because I actually believe it will do any good ...
Good luck with that, hopefully by Sept most EU countries will have got to grips with this and people can get back travelling.

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 07, 2021, 11:54:53 AMAnd I've just realized I am walking evidence the AZ does screw with your blood clotting. I had an INR Test the day before my first jab. It showed my INR was 3.5.
Two weeks later the same test showed my INR was now only 2.5
I've become quite adept at keeping my food diary reasonably balanced since being put on anticoagulants in January.
Something other than diet changes altered my blood chemistry making it go from three and a half times as resistant to clotting (rather too high a thinning if the truth be told) to only two and a half times as resistant (which is inside the target range)
I have another test next Monday. It will be interesting. I have noticed issues in my toes. Nothing worrying but I am thinking the INR value may be crashing below the min target.
I'll keep people posted ....
That's great news, and hopefully that is a permanent reduction. But evidence is pointing to AZ vaccine causing and not reducing clots. A recent trial on teens in the UK has been stopped until there is reassurance the AZ vaccine is safe, with 30 UK cases of clotting and 7 of those dead it's worth having a second look as there are many other vaccines out there for people to use. But out of 30m people, takingthe vaccine is considered a risk worth taking. 

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-trial-of-oxford-covid-jab-on-children-paused-as-regulator-probes-blood-clots-in-adults-12267780