The US position, what would you do?

Started by Sheepy, March 18, 2021, 09:48:17 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/521838-putin-diplomacy-us-russia/
Well, most likely because being a thoughtful sort of player, he realises blowing up the rest of Europe is not necessarily an answer to all everyone's woes, including his own, as I mentioned the US has plenty of other opportunities.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on March 18, 2021, 09:48:17 PM
It has a shrinking Middle Class and has done for decades, nobody has any faith left in its institutions, its politics are utterly polarised, it has a crumbling infrastructure, it has a cultural civil war simmering away, it has a huge rich and poor problem, it no longer has a huge sway in the world because of failed internal and external policies, its military eats dollars faster than they print them, their culture around the world has become joke with a growing number of countries despising them as tourists. Their corporate tunnel vision has become untenable.
A bit of a dark picture really, do they even have a way out?

Well, if the middle class is shrinking, what is taking it's place ? And anyway, America doesn't have a class system, it has a "money talks, shit walks" system.

America's main problem is, and always has been, it's desire to impose its values on other sovereign states especially those with left leaning administrations.

I understand Biden is bringing home the military engaged in one of his currently furthest distant theatres of war.

That's going to be quite handy we hen BLM go for the next ratchet click after their recent success.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Say sorry for kicking off in 1765 and can we please be part of the British Empire , again .

cromwell

Well the US is in decline and has been for a while,their eyes are focused on the Pacific and China,not Putin as they thought they'd dealt with the Russians years ago.

Where once China was the junior partner Putin jumped back on board but they are now playing second fiddle.

Meanwhile the eu has been asserting itself throwing its trading weight around and lot of posturing politicians like they often do especially when they're second rate.....and they are,they have no cohesive military weight and rely on NATO for that,and I don't think the yanks are up for funding that.

We are going through interesting times,not with a good journey or ending guaranteed IMO.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on April 20, 2021, 12:21:13 PM
I guess your man ain't joking then, red lines and all of that business.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/world-war-3-panic-as-russia-threatens-to-blockade-black-sea-us-lashes-out/ar-BB1fQCIE?ocid=msedgntp

Unspecified red lines, well there is a thing.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/vladimir-putin-major-policy-announcement-074934320.html
Suddenly the old boy network doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Funny old world now they want us back at the table.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 20, 2021, 10:42:45 AM
The US has long been hijacked by Narco Gangsters and this is the result that you see at home, just as it flails around abroad.
If you want to the future for the States, dig out footage of Atlantic City and you will see it in a microcosm.
I guess your man ain't joking then, red lines and all of that business.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/world-war-3-panic-as-russia-threatens-to-blockade-black-sea-us-lashes-out/ar-BB1fQCIE?ocid=msedgntp

Sampanviking

The US has long been hijacked by Narco Gangsters and this is the result that you see at home, just as it flails around abroad.
If you want to the future for the States, dig out footage of Atlantic City and you will see it in a microcosm.

Sheepy

Sheepy

It has a shrinking Middle Class and has done for decades, nobody has any faith left in its institutions, its politics are utterly polarised, it has a crumbling infrastructure, it has a cultural civil war simmering away, it has a huge rich and poor problem, it no longer has a huge sway in the world because of failed internal and external policies, its military eats dollars faster than they print them, their culture around the world has become joke with a growing number of countries despising them as tourists. Their corporate tunnel vision has become untenable.
A bit of a dark picture really, do they even have a way out?