Pfizer warns EU to back down on Covid vaccine threats to UK

Started by Borchester, March 20, 2021, 09:56:23 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 09:57:36 PM
Are you talking to yourself Nick  :D :D :D

No, I think that Nick was waiting for an answer to his question which was...

" how will the EU stop a country from exporting anything if they decide they are going to ignore them? "

You have the floor and we are all ears.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Nick on April 06, 2021, 08:29:27 PMCare to share the name of the facility and where it is that is making these Jabs?

Quote from: Nick on April 06, 2021, 09:09:28 PMYou still haven't pointed to what makes these jabs manufactured by the EU.

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 12:31:57 AMMany companies are making vaccines in the eu and if the eu wants to stop them being shipped out of the eu then the eu will, and you know what the uk can do about that, nothing.

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 04:55:33 PMWhich means the EU, can very easily, stop the export of vaccines from the block.

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 07:22:17 PMAnd as usual you just ignore the bits that you don't like: So again I ask you, how will the EU stop a country from exporting anything if they decide they are going to ignore them? Simple question.

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 07:38:57 PMNope, and he won't give an answer to what mechanism they have to do anything.

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 09:28:15 PMAsked a simple question with no wiggle room and he's off.

So where have you answered the question Gerry?

What mechanism has the EU got to stop a member from doing exactly like it wants, just like Hungary?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 09:55:49 PM
You got your answer, now best leave you to come up with that list of examples.

Where did you answer the question?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 09:28:15 PM
Asked a simple question with no wiggle room and he's off.
You got your answer, now best leave you to come up with that list of examples.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 08:19:19 PM
And you don't think that away from the council the big hitters tell the others how it's going to be... Or else.
Def not, thats not how it works. But dont let that stop you listing all the times france or germany told the remaining countries what was happening.
One of the reasons the uk left was because it couldnt get its own way.
At the end of the day the eu parliament votes on any resolution proposed. EU MEP's are voted in by ordinary people in elections in each country.
The EU is a demicratic body, what your talking about sounds like a empire ruled by a dictator.

Nick

Nick

cromwell

Of course everyone has an equal say Puke

Tell that to the Greeks.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 08:15:04 PMAt the council, each member has 1 voice. So 1 voice Macron says he'd like an army.

And you don't think that away from the council the big hitters tell the others how it's going to be... Or else.

Nick

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 07:38:57 PMNope, and he won't give an answer to what mechanism they have to do anything. Other than say they are not happy.

Hungry built a fence, the EU said take it down and took them to court. 6 years later it still stands 😆.

Answer the question.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 07:48:22 PM
You ask again? Wrong again Gerry, you said the EU doesn't want an army. Merkel and Macron are the EU, another element you don't seem to get. He who pays the piper calls the tune, you seem to think all 27 have an equal say, yes they might stand up at the dispatch box and shout a bit but ultimately they all know who is paying the piper. Wake up and smell the Jaegermeister.

Make your mind up, 10 minutes ago it was project fear, now it's Merkel and Macron have no control. 🙄
Like i said you dont grasp the basics. At the council, each member has 1 voice. So 1 voice Macron says he'd like an army. All he needs to do is convince the other 26, or its a dead duck.

Its your thinking that leads to brexit. Feeling the uk is superior and should rule the EU, only to find that exceptionalist thinking didnt wash and your no more special than everyone else.
I suppose you can give me a long list of where france and/or germany told the EU how things are happening, and the rest just followed.
Grabs popcorn, this should be good. Piper my arse.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 07:35:28 PMThats comical,there are 27 countries each with an equal say at the EU council, so Macron wants an EU army and Merkel wants one that compliments NATO. [highlight]So I say to you again where is the EU army[/highlight]

You ask again? Wrong again Gerry, you said the EU doesn't want an army. Merkel and Macron are the EU, another element you don't seem to get. He who pays the piper calls the tune, you seem to think all 27 have an equal say, yes they might stand up at the dispatch box and shout a bit but ultimately they all know who is paying the piper. Wake up and smell the Jaegermeister.

Quote from: GerryT on April 07, 2021, 04:55:33 PM[highlight=rgb(255,100,0)]First the EU doesn't want it's own army, more Brexiteer "project fear"[/highlight].

Make your mind up, 10 minutes ago it was project fear, now it's Merkel and Macron have no control. 🙄

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 07, 2021, 07:25:20 PM
Yep you wont get an answer unless it's the lying English media falsified that vid.

Nope, and he won't give an answer to what mechanism they have to do anything. Other than say they are not happy.

Hungry built a fence, the EU said take it down and took them to court. 6 years later it still stands 😆.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 07:22:17 PM

Suggest you catch up Gerry, you clearly don't know what you're precious EU is up to.

https://europeanlawblog.eu/2020/06/22/macrons-call-for-a-european-army-still-echoing-or-forgotten/

<iframe src="//cdn.jwplayer.com/players/xoxBbo8Z-XLzx33eA.html" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

And as usual you just ignore the bits that you don't like: So again I ask you, how will the EU stop a country from exporting anything if they decide they are going to ignore them? Simple question.
Thats comical,there are 27 countries each with an equal say at the EU council, so Macron wants an EU army and Merkel wants one that compliments NATO. So I say to you again where is the EU army, you would need all EU countries to agree before that happened and even then the EU parliament would have to vote on any such tabled proposal.
Dream land stuff, or maybe you think the EU is run by 3 countries  :D :D :D

Well if the EU agrees by all member states to allow the EU to block vaccine exports then I think the EU will do just that. The purchase and distribution of vaccines within the EU is done by the EU. You really are finding it very hard to grasp the simplest of concepts.