Forget Mr,Mrs,Miss or Ms

Started by cromwell, March 20, 2021, 10:44:58 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 22, 2021, 06:50:42 AM
Mx? Well TBH I always thought that's what Borky called Gerry

Actually, I always feel like slapping him on the back and telling him to get some nice girl into trouble and see if that will cure his acne. Not a bad lad and I like to go easy on him. After all, he is only thirteen  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Mx? Well TBH I always thought that's what Borky called Gerry
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: HDQQ on March 21, 2021, 11:02:57 PM
Most women speak with high pitched voices so I assume you find women irritating. You're not selling yourself Dawg, you need to try harder.

Well,.you know me Quack Quack. Racist, homophobic, transphobic, mysognistic I expect too. Hey, in fact I'm probably a few ists, isms and phobics they haven't even thought of yet. I'm sure people like you will soon fix that, eh?

But yeah sure, some women can be irritating. Janet Street Porter springs to mind. If ever there was a reason to switch the TV off its her. It's a bit like when you pop up in a thread. Once that happens an overwhelming urge to cut my own throat with a blunt penknife washes over me

HDQQ

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 21, 2021, 10:25:00 AMBecause they would all be irritating ****s
Most women speak with high pitched voices so I assume you find women irritating. You're not selling yourself Dawg, you need to try harder.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on March 21, 2021, 09:19:20 AM
Caught an episode of Paul Temple on Radio 4 extra, and was struck by the fact that reasonably close acquaintances addressed each other by their family name — eg, Temple, Smith, Davis, etc. Only knights, Doctors, Lords, police officers, etc, seemed to be addressed with a title: Sir Graham, Inspector, Sergeant, Professor, etc.

Today it's becoming more common to receive even official letters addressed to first name and family name without any title. I guess this is easier when there are so many unfamiliar non-British names around. Even joint letters come addressed to T & P Post if first names are not used. The letter might start either: Dear Patman Post, or Dear Tove Post or Dear Patman & Tove Post. Can't say any of it upsets us. But can't wait to get a letter addressed to Mx P & Mx T Post. Or would that be Dear Mxs P&T Post..?

This is true.

When it comes to a dodgy motor or something else I don't really need then fine, use my christian name. But when it comes to money well, you can call me mister and generally kiss my arse.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: HDQQ on March 21, 2021, 10:02:56 AMExplain yourself! Why would everyone on Planet Quackers speak with a high-pitched voice?

Because they would all be irritating ****s

HDQQ

Quote from: DeppityDawg on March 21, 2021, 07:35:32 AM
It would definitely be useful on planet quackers, where everyone speaks in a irritating high pitched voice.

Explain yourself! Why would everyone on Planet Quackers speak with a high-pitched voice? Even if they did it would be still better than Planet Dawg where everyone barks all the time and rolls in their own boolsheet!

patman post

Caught an episode of Paul Temple on Radio 4 extra, and was struck by the fact that reasonably close acquaintances addressed each other by their family name — eg, Temple, Smith, Davis, etc. Only knights, Doctors, Lords, police officers, etc, seemed to be addressed with a title: Sir Graham, Inspector, Sergeant, Professor, etc.

Today it's becoming more common to receive even official letters addressed to first name and family name without any title. I guess this is easier when there are so many unfamiliar non-British names around. Even joint letters come addressed to T & P Post if first names are not used. The letter might start either: Dear Patman Post, or Dear Tove Post or Dear Patman & Tove Post. Can't say any of it upsets us. But can't wait to get a letter addressed to Mx P & Mx T Post. Or would that be Dear Mxs P&T Post..?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on March 20, 2021, 10:38:11 PM
You mean you can't tell by the voice?

It would definitely be useful on planet quackers, where everyone speaks in a irritating high pitched voice.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on March 20, 2021, 09:46:23 PM
It's all a bit silly but at least it removes the chance of calling someone by the wrong title if they have an unusual first name when it would be difficult to guess the gender. Or maybe only the initial of the person is available.
You mean you can't tell by the voice?
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

It's all a bit silly but at least it removes the chance of calling someone by the wrong title if they have an unusual first name when it would be difficult to guess the gender. Or maybe only the initial of the person is available.

Streetwalker

Barry

I like mxing concrete and cement. Which is what some of these woke prats need to do to find out if they have a bxbone.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?