Britain to offer Ireland spare Covid vaccines

Started by Borchester, March 28, 2021, 11:45:14 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

I know what is gut wrenching a wum who thinks the eu manufactures anything.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on March 30, 2021, 07:59:46 PM
can't answer the questions barry ?  The uk vaccine success down to eu manufactured vaccines, must be gut wrenching for you.
What questions?
You mean vaccines manufactured by private pharma companies in the EU, such as Astra-Zeneca who have said that after their treatment by the EU will not work for cost price ever again. Well done, EU.
I don't find much gut wrenching, Gerry, I've seen an awful lot and I have a strong stomach, even for the most one sided posters.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on March 30, 2021, 03:56:44 PM
[HIGHLIGHT]The EU have manufactured over 150m vaccines[/HIGHLIGHT], over 70m have been exported to many countries. over 20m in total to the UK. [HIGHLIGHT]The EU is one of the largest manufactures of CV vaccines.[/HIGHLIGHT]
AZ has a contract with the EU, which was agreed before the UK signed a contract. AZ should be filling the EU order before the UK one. The EU gave more to AZ for the development of the vaccine.
The UK is blocking vaccine deliveries from the UK to other countries, so why can't the EU do the same ? if the UK does why can't the EU ? if the EU did then you would have AZ fulfilling it's EU contract.
The Eu are shipping not only AZ but Pfizer vaccines to the UK.
The EU contract and UK contract does not have clauses that prevents AZ from exporting, this has been claimed by the UK but it's false. AZ could export to the EU but isn't, why ?

The EU has manufactured exactly the same amount of vaccines as me...NONE! They don't manufacture anything.

Largest manufacturer... They don't manufacture anything.

You just contradicted your self. Why would the EU have a contract with AZ if they were manufacturing vaccines? Do they have a contract with them selves? I've answered your contract queries in another thread.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on March 30, 2021, 05:20:48 PM
Good point.

50% of Brits have had the jab and only 15% of Micks. Why is that Gerry?
Good point, he didnt make one

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on March 30, 2021, 04:42:03 PM
Oh dear, what a rant. The EU make nothing but hot air in Brussels.
I'm not to worried, really, I've been offered a vaccine, how about you, Gerry?

Cant answer the questions barry ?  The uk vaccine success down to eu manufactured vaccines, must be gut wrenching for you.

cromwell

Are you trying to needle him? ;)

Borchester

Good point.

50% of Brits have had the jab and only 15% of Micks. Why is that Gerry?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on March 30, 2021, 03:56:44 PM
The EU have manufactured over 150m vaccines, over 70m have been exported to many countries. over 20m in total to the UK. The EU is one of the largest manufactures of CV vaccines.
AZ has a contract with the EU, which was agreed before the UK signed a contract. AZ should be filling the EU order before the UK one. The EU gave more to AZ for the development of the vaccine.
The UK is blocking vaccine deliveries from the UK to other countries, so why can't the EU do the same ? if the UK does why can't the EU ? if the EU did then you would have AZ fulfilling it's EU contract.
The EU contract and UK contract does not have clauses that prevents AZ from exporting, this has been claimed by the UK but it's false. AZ could export to the EU but isn't, why ?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on March 30, 2021, 01:40:01 PM
Do you mean Astra Zeneca have exported vaccines to the UK in line with their contract? The EU are not making vaccines, are they?

Edit, just caught up, Nick beat me to it.
The EU have manufactured over 150m vaccines, over 70m have been exported to many countries. over 20m in total to the UK. The EU is one of the largest manufactures of CV vaccines.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on March 30, 2021, 01:40:01 PM
Do you mean Astra Zeneca have exported vaccines to the UK in line with their contract? The EU are not making vaccines, are they?

Well yes, but if the UK had stayed in the EU the vaccines would have been delivered earlier and in prettier packaging. And if you don't believer me ask Gerry  :) :) :)

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on March 29, 2021, 11:59:06 PMDid you know the EU has now shipped 20m vaccines to the UK. The UK continues to refuse to export vaccines but we have them making hollow offers to IRL, its really commical.

† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on March 30, 2021, 06:36:28 AM
The EU are not sending anything Gerry, as you've been told countless time the EU doesn't buy, sell or produce anything. Private companies do that: and if Von Der Liar tries to stick her beak in she will be sorry.
Here we go again.
First how is she a liar, something like johnson lying to the queen and not saying she'll be home at 6 when she gets back at 7.
Second we all know the EU isn't a country, i never claimed it was. Your point is mute as vaccine rollout has been done at the EU level which includes orders and delivery. Some EU countries have purchased their own which was always something that all EU countries could have done. And as you point out yourself if the EU decides to block the vaccine for delivery to a country outsude the EU, such as the UK, then that is a decision the EU will make.

So when it comes to vaccine deliveries to the UK, they are being shipped from the EU to the UK and the EU can stop that if they wish.

Can you describe how VdLeyen would be sorry, i dont see it.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on March 29, 2021, 11:59:06 PMI'll let VonDerLeyen know to deduct 3.7m vaccines from the next shipment we, the EU are sending the UK.

The EU are not sending anything Gerry, as you've been told countless time the EU doesn't buy, sell or produce anything. Private companies do that: and if Von Der Liar tries to stick her beak in she will be sorry.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 28, 2021, 11:54:04 PM
No there'll be some long rant about brexit and why we are all bastards.

Looks like you got that one right Ollie  :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !