This should cheer everyone up

Started by Sheepy, March 30, 2021, 01:23:02 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on March 30, 2021, 09:58:07 PM
She can join the elite group of politicians and activists who have done acts of vandalism. Enoch Powell once ripped a wing mirror off a sports car and hurled it through the winscreen (in the days when windscreens shattered).

Yeah but BLM aren't exactly going to rejoice at his actions are they.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

XR terrorism is legal according to a jury.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56853979
NO DEFENCE IN LAW, said the judge.
As some will tell you, you can't rely on a jury to support the rule of law.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on April 22, 2021, 05:10:44 PM
∆∆∆ 

Morrisons is providing paper bags for some loose produce now — but there's still too much plastic tray and film-wrapped stuff...
Well for sure it is going to be a cluster feck, with the usual suspects trying to make it a winning strategy where it is controlled via a central world system, where saving the planet will create meaningful employment and the usual suspects cream it off for themselves by waving the magic wand of it doesn't exist but keep buying and keep trying and it will eventually. While personally I am thinking relying on them is a bit of a non starter, if you want to make things more sustainable start in your own back yard. World summits are all very well for great leaders to show us how great they are but as they are talking complete bullshit from the start so when the like fo Greenpeace drop rocks that save an ECO system I actually applaud them. Because lets face it no politician is actually going to do anything if they think it will hit them in the pocket. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

∆∆∆ 

Morrisons is providing paper bags for some loose produce now — but there's still too much plastic tray and film-wrapped stuff...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

Quote from: Barry on March 30, 2021, 03:28:33 PM
Mental illness is certainly on the rise.
Why was she braking the window? Was it going too fast?  :P

Terrorists.

It certainly puts another slant on breaking the bank. I would think glass production has a fairly high Carbon ,footprint,  seems a shame to have to make the stuff twice, if the only reason to break it was to reduce the effects of its production.
Some woman  on TV this morning was saying , not to recycle plastic, as it won't be recycled. So how frigging big does she think my garage is?  Because putting it in the general bin will not make a blind bit of difference. Why not try telling Sainsbury's, and the other shops my missus frequents , not to send her home loaded with it?

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/extinction-rebellion-protesters-smash-hsbc-s-windows-in-canary-wharf-protest/ar-BB1fVs4f?ocid=msedgntp
It seems HSBC has managed to claim the wraith of the crew, just one thing they will see the light very soon, as we speak Boris is telling them there is an open cheque awaiting them at the new great reset.

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on March 30, 2021, 09:58:07 PM
She can join the elite group of politicians and activists who have done acts of vandalism. Enoch Powell once ripped a wing mirror off a sports car and hurled it through the winscreen (in the days when windscreens shattered).
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/extinction-rebellion-activists-break-windows-at-barclays-in-canary-wharf/ar-BB1fnYvm?ocid=msedgntp
Well don't get me wrong Ducky, I know these people are convinced they can save their children's and grandchildren's future by bringing down a toxic monetary system and while the science drives them on, unless science suddenly has a crystal ball, it doesn't actually mean whatever you do, might make an iota of difference, as pointed out many times.

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/extinction-rebellion-sprays-bank-of-england-with-oil-in-new-wave-of-protest/ar-BB1fcKkM?ocid=msedgntp
Better late than never I guess, but we already have the bankers on the retreat, after instigating a global crash causing years of austerity and trying to control how people vote, they were packing their bags and leaving until Boris turned up offering them the deal of the century, the lad has entered the twilight zone.

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on March 30, 2021, 03:28:33 PM

Terrorists.
Just a tad eccentric surely? It's not like Mummy is a bank robber or anything.

Barry

Terrorists.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on March 30, 2021, 01:23:02 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/extinction-rebellion-co-founder-dr-gail-bradbrook-brakes-a-barclays-bank-window/vi-BB1f7a8A?ocid=msedgntp
I was impressed with the good Doctors thought of health and safety laws.

Poor little cow. She is nearly having a heart attack trying to swing that club hammer. The good doctor really ought to see a doctor.

Extinction Rebellion is so last year.

Extinction Rebellion really is last year's fashion. And the good
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy