Derek Chauvin is innocent

Started by Streetwalker, March 30, 2021, 01:41:58 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Wow what a threatening mob,you can understand those officers fearing for their safety  ::)....not
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: B-4 on April 01, 2021, 08:09:10 PM
Well, this is American policing.

Here's an incident where a white man died, and while it was put down to being restrained, despite no resistance, all of the police charges were dropped and they got off with a reprimand.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tony-timpa-dallas-police-body-cam-video-footage-kevin-mansell-danny-vasquez-a9030196.html

When black police shoot dead unarmed white people in the USA the race rarely makes it into the news, or just suddenly becomes irrelevant.  Basically, the US police are known for being excessive, but the problem we're seeing today is a politicised race agenda and political opportunism, to make a problem into racism when it isn't.

Seriously, you can be attacked and lose your job just for doubting the racism charge today.

Like I have said from the beginning.  I do not agree with the way they handled the situation, but I won't make it into something it isn't.
Fair enough

B-4

Well, this is American policing.

Here's an incident where a white man died, and while it was put down to being restrained, despite no resistance, all of the police charges were dropped and they got off with a reprimand.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tony-timpa-dallas-police-body-cam-video-footage-kevin-mansell-danny-vasquez-a9030196.html

When black police shoot dead unarmed white people in the USA the race rarely makes it into the news, or just suddenly becomes irrelevant.  Basically, the US police are known for being excessive, but the problem we're seeing today is a politicised race agenda and political opportunism, to make a problem into racism when it isn't.

Seriously, you can be attacked and lose your job just for doubting the racism charge today.

Like I have said from the beginning.  I do not agree with the way they handled the situation, but I won't make it into something it isn't.

cromwell

Quote from: B-4 on April 01, 2021, 06:52:55 PM
The fact that he put up a lot of resistance to a text-book arrest after claiming he couldn't breath suggests no, at least not at that time.  The fact that he kept repeating it and it went ignored was probably over what just happened.  It isn't like they had the power of hindsight and was limited to running on instincts.
Hind sight? No the pleas of a white firefighter medic who recognised there was a problem and was stopped from inteervening.

B-4

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2021, 07:21:36 AM
He on the other hand was very calm because he was in control of the situation for the first time since he turned up at the crime scene . What gives defence for me is that Chauvin had both knees on the ground ,his weight would naturally be on the lower one ,his right , which makes the knee on Floyds neck basically just resting in position .

Whether that was enough to stop Floyd breathing or not is something for the jury but intentional ? Not for me .

There's just too many people riled up and driven by emotions instead of logic, thanks to how all of this has been reported in the media.  People are just seeing red.

B-4

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 06:47:22 PM
So somebody saying I can't breathe and in obvious distress doesn't indicate a health prob?
The fact that he put up a lot of resistance to a text-book arrest after claiming he couldn't breath suggests no, at least not at that time.  The fact that he kept repeating it and it went ignored was probably over what just happened.  It isn't like they had the power of hindsight and was limited to running on instincts.

cromwell

Quote from: B-4 on April 01, 2021, 06:41:53 PM
I can only offer an opinion, and it could be for a number of reasons or a combination of reasons that may have gone through his mind.  I certainly didn't suggest it is proper procedure.  Also, the suggestion that they were aware of any health problems is unfounded.
So somebody saying I can't breathe and in obvious distress doesn't indicate a health prob?

B-4

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 06:33:03 PM
So you can't answer the question
I can only offer an opinion, and it could be for a number of reasons or a combination of reasons that may have gone through his mind.  I certainly didn't suggest it is proper procedure.  Also, the suggestion that they were aware of any health problems is unfounded.

cromwell

Quote from: B-4 on April 01, 2021, 06:30:58 PM
Maybe in the hope that he would calm down instead of making a fool out of them?  I wouldn't worry, the show trial is clearly rigged for a conviction.  It's politics now and if they don't force a conviction then there will be more riots, more violence and more criminal damage.  Plus, the Democrats would look weak, considering they advocated and supported BLM action, if the result didn't go their way.
So you can't answer the question

B-4

Maybe in the hope that he would calm down instead of making a fool out of them?  I wouldn't worry, the show trial is clearly rigged for a conviction.  It's politics now and if they don't force a conviction then there will be more riots, more violence and more criminal damage.  Plus, the Democrats would look weak, considering they advocated and supported BLM action, if the result didn't go their way. 

Also, if you watch the video you will see that he was claiming he couldn't breath before anyone even touched him.  By the looks of it he was panicking, probably a panic attack brought on by drug use and being bang to rights.  I saw no evidence that he had actual health problems until it was too late and don't see why the police would. 

cromwell

Quote from: B-4 on April 01, 2021, 05:54:43 PM
To keep his hands free?  He seemed to be concerned with his surroundings and may have lost focus of what he was doing whilst waiting for transport.
Cobblers,please explain why a man handcuffed behind his back,legs held in restraints and having breathing difficulties presented any threat that warranted a knee on his neck.

B-4

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 03:44:33 PM
But you are avoiding the obvious,why did he have to have his knee on his neck.
To keep his hands free?  He seemed to be concerned with his surroundings and may have lost focus of what he was doing whilst waiting for transport.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2021, 07:21:36 AM
He on the other hand was very calm because he was in control of the situation for the first time since he turned up at the crime scene . What gives defence for me is that Chauvin had both knees on the ground ,his weight would naturally be on the lower one ,his right , which makes the knee on Floyds neck basically just resting in position .

Whether that was enough to stop Floyd breathing or not is something for the jury but intentional ? Not for me .
But you are avoiding the obvious,why did he have to have his knee on his neck.

johnofgwent

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/10/us/derek-chauvin-trial-jurors/index.html

The jury were selected AFTER filling in statements on their view of BLM and the police.

The page reporting this seems to have avoided libel action and revealed the jury has a majority of pro BLM, anti police snowflakes.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on March 31, 2021, 10:18:17 PM
My only thought when watching the video was about the look on the copper's face. It was a strange expression, very calm almost unconcerned. I could see no reason for him not to move, I just think he didn't want to. I felt he knew what he was doing.

I recently read of the same treatment of a woman. They broke her neck.