Derek Chauvin is innocent

Started by Streetwalker, March 30, 2021, 01:41:58 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 02, 2021, 09:54:30 PM
TO KEEP HIS HANDS FREE.
Shouting doesn't validate.

So can you explain why the supervising sergeant,the chief homicide officer of Minnesota PD stated that it is not procedure to keep a knee on a neck once a suspect is in cuffs so Chauvin would still have had his hands free and knee not on neck had he followed procedure?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2021, 06:13:07 PM
No it hasn't,threat/detained you haven't answered why he needed to have a knee on his neck.

TO KEEP HIS HANDS FREE.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Tarn

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 02, 2021, 09:12:55 AMYou and college boy can mock that if you wish, but I'll not apologize to you or anyone else for what experience taught me.

I can only assume the Americanism 'college boy' referred to me, so allow me to set the record straight. I did not mock anyone, and I need you to quote the post wherein you claim I did that, if you persist with the accusation.

I merely related my experiences as visitor to the USA, and the conclusions I drew therefrom. I do not consider the USA a particularly healthy society, and gave that opinion together with my impressions from the incident concerned - which I believe is allowed by the rules of this board.

Those impressions were formed by the material evidence available - I have judged Chauvin's actions reprehensible upon that evidence, but I have not presumed to know his motives or prejudices.

I don't think Cromwell, or anyone else, was asking you to apologise (note the English spelling  ;)) and while I respect your views; we are all entitled to express differing opinions on this board.

I often learn more from people who disagree with me, than from those who nod their heads in agreement. :)

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 02, 2021, 05:55:01 PM
I've never said my opinion counts anymore than yours. Its not me telling people they are "backing the wrong horse"

As for the rest of it, Streetwalker has already said it.

Is that it?
you are always going on about betting on the lame the sick and the lazy in the 3:30 at Doncaster and it coming in at 4:15,I wasn't even referring to your opinion it was a jokey reference to that ffs.

Oh and BTW I wasn't telling people they backed the wrong horse,singular i.e. Streetwalker

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 02, 2021, 05:16:48 PM
This has been answered 5 times now but you keep asking the same question.

He wasn't the threat, he was being detained.
No it hasn't,threat/detained you haven't answered why he needed to have a knee on his neck.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2021, 11:01:26 AMAnd I've always acknowledged yours and others service,and if you remember I started the thread at the time in support of Sgt Alexander Blackman,but this ain't Helmand and your opinion and others on this count no more than mine.

I've never said my opinion counts anymore than yours. Its not me telling people they are "backing the wrong horse"

As for the rest of it, Streetwalker has already said it.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 06:17:27 PM
Cobblers,please explain why a man handcuffed behind his back,legs held in restraints and having breathing difficulties presented any threat that warranted a knee on his neck.

This has been answered 5 times now but you keep asking the same question.

He wasn't the threat, he was being detained.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 02, 2021, 09:12:55 AM
Yes, I get that you don't agree with me on this and other examples and that you think I'm "wrong".
Well I have a different opinion but if you want to put it like that you think I'm "wrong".

QuoteBut I stand by my view,
Good for you and I do too

Quotelike tens of thousands of other police and security forces officers who've had to deal with the real world, not the one that we'd all like it to be.
And I've always acknowledged yours and others service,and if you remember I started the thread at the time in support of Sgt Alexander Blackman,but this ain't Helmand and your opinion and others on this count no more than mine.

QuoteYou and college boy can mock that if you wish, but I'll not apologize to you or anyone else for what experience taught me.
You cheeky sod,I've mocked nothing you've said nor expected an apology also what has the fact Tarn just started Uni to do wth anything.....who is mocking now?
The fact he's young and intelligent is a poster I'd welcome,what would you rather some daft old bugger from cornwall who constantly tells you the tories are bastards whatever the case?

QuoteB-4 has put numerous valid points to you, all of which the liberal media have either ignored or downplayed, the most important of which is the political agenda at play here.
Yes and though I didn't and still don't agree with all he said I think my last comment to him "fair enough" acknowleged his differing.

QuoteIn the end, murder would mean intent, and many of us watching this have a sinking feeling because we can see what is going to happen here.
Yeah and please point where I have said it was murder?

QuoteI've never said you have to agree with me Cromwell, but my views are a world apart different to yours

I've never said that either and am well aware of our different opinions.

QuoteThat doesn't make your views wrong
Nor yours nor have I ever said so other than in reference to our differences.

Quoteeven if you seem to think you now have the right to decide that mine are.
Putting words in my mouth,I as you disagree on opinion....and I'm disappointed you feel I'm deciding yours for you,it ain't the case,we are in a political forum with different views don't we all think we are right.....never said you are wrong.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2021, 08:07:07 AMI think you're backing the wrong horse here (you been taking  tips from DD) as a long term poster I have great respect for your views  but this really isn't right.

Yes, I get that you don't agree with me on this and other examples and that you think I'm "wrong". But I stand by my view, like tens of thousands of other police and security forces officers who've had to deal with the real world, not the one that we'd all like it to be. You and college boy can mock that if you wish, but I'll not apologize to you or anyone else for what experience taught me.

B-4 has put numerous valid points to you, all of which the liberal media have either ignored or downplayed, the most important of which is the political agenda at play here. In the end, murder would mean intent, and many of us watching this have a sinking feeling because we can see what is going to happen here. I've never said you have to agree with me Cromwell, but my views are a world apart different to yours. That doesn't make your views wrong, even if you seem to think you now have the right to decide that mine are.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on April 02, 2021, 08:07:07 AM
I think you're backing the wrong horse here (you been taking  tips from DD) as a long term poster I have great respect for your views  but this really isn't right.

It looks like the knee on the neck is still current training (whoever thought that up is a tosser IMO) however the supervising police office Sgt David Pleoger (older white bloke) stated under cross examination that Chauvin didn't tell him till long after what he'd done,Pleoger stated under cross examination that the knee on the neck was only to be used till the suspect was under control i.e. In handcuffs and that it was basic knowledge that keeping a suspect on their stomach restricted breathing.

So there we have it a white police Sgt.,a white firefighter medic, and eventually two paramedics wha had to ask Chauvin to shift off an already lifeless Floyd and all this being watched by a police dispatcher on CCTV who was also not happy with the proceedings.

The defence have made much of a hostile mob,you can see from the body cam from another of the officers (picture above)a few people and a kid in what looks like a bus queue and a handful of people some filming on their phones and a woman with a shopping bag

The only likely one the martial arts man didn't go in Bruce lee style,no he called the police to tell them one of their officers was killing someone, so much for he baying hostile mob.

The kid third from the left is a Ninja Warrior .

I dont know (who does?) what Chauvins thoughts were during the incident , I dont know if he is guilty or not of crushing the guys neck  , I dont know if Floyd was completely out of it although he seemed to be

Now you know I like to back outsiders and Chauvin is certainly that . The media have already convicted him , his police federation have already convicted him and his City council have already convicted him and paid out £20M to Floyds family just a week before the trial .
You would have thought they would have waited for the verdict wouldn't you ?  What if by some twist of fate the court finds their  police officers were not to blame , will they ask for their money back ?

No Cromwell they wont have to because Chauvin has already been convicted , this is not a trial but a sentencing hearing and that to me is wrong .

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2021, 07:21:36 AM
He on the other hand was very calm because he was in control of the situation for the first time since he turned up at the crime scene . What gives defence for me is that Chauvin had both knees on the ground ,his weight would naturally be on the lower one ,his right , which makes the knee on Floyds neck basically just resting in position .

Whether that was enough to stop Floyd breathing or not is something for the jury but intentional ? Not for me .
I think you're backing the wrong horse here (you been taking  tips from DD) as a long term poster I have great respect for your views  but this really isn't right.

It looks like the knee on the neck is still current training (whoever thought that up is a tosser IMO) however the supervising police office Sgt David Pleoger (older white bloke) stated under cross examination that Chauvin didn't tell him till long after what he'd done,Pleoger stated under cross examination that the knee on the neck was only to be used till the suspect was under control i.e. In handcuffs and that it was basic knowledge that keeping a suspect on their stomach restricted breathing.

So there we have it a white police Sgt.,a white firefighter medic, and eventually two paramedics wha had to ask Chauvin to shift off an already lifeless Floyd and all this being watched by a police dispatcher on CCTV who was also not happy with the proceedings.

The defence have made much of a hostile mob,you can see from the body cam from another of the officers (picture above)a few people and a kid in what looks like a bus queue and a handful of people some filming on their phones and a woman with a shopping bag

The only likely one the martial arts man didn't go in Bruce lee style,no he called the police to tell them one of their officers was killing someone, so much for he baying hostile mob.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 11:05:14 PMAnd as Tarn pointed out Befehl ist befehl doesn't really wash does it?
No, but it brings in enough doubt to muddy the water.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on April 01, 2021, 10:53:20 PM
He's going to say he was trained to do that, and if the training department confirm? - we'll be looking at the thread title.
And as Tarn pointed out Befehl ist befehl doesn't really wash does it?

I've already pointed out in another post that there was training,it didn't say if that was current policy,training or no common sense and humanity has to play a part.

Whatever the outcome american policing is suspect,mind the whole asylum is.

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 01, 2021, 01:55:24 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/10/us/derek-chauvin-trial-jurors/index.html

The jury were selected AFTER filling in statements on their view of BLM and the police.

The page reporting this seems to have avoided libel action and revealed the jury has a majority of pro BLM, anti police snowflakes.
That's American justice, JoG!
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on April 01, 2021, 03:44:33 PM
But you are avoiding the obvious, why did he have to have his knee on his neck?
He's going to say he was trained to do that, and if the training department confirm? - we'll be looking at the thread title.
† The end is nigh †