Spring is on the way, sod it

Started by Borchester, March 30, 2021, 02:21:49 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on March 30, 2021, 02:21:49 PM
Every other day I have been heading up to my allotment and meeting with my mates and discussing all the things we are going to do once the weather improves.

And now it has and I am going to have to knock myself out planting spuds and peas and parsnips and pruning the fruit trees and rebuilding everything  that has fallen down and stuff that for a game of soldiers.

My idea of gardening is to sit under a tree with a cup of coffee and tell everyone how I used to feed my family on the fresh produce gleaned from my mini Eden. All bollocks. As Madam was inclined to say, our major sources of protein in those days were the maggots in the apples.

Roll on autumn

Why do I get the feeling all you need is a pot of Cornish clotted cream

(I'm off to get a tin hat)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Every other day I have been heading up to my allotment and meeting with my mates and discussing all the things we are going to do once the weather improves.

And now it has and I am going to have to knock myself out planting spuds and peas and parsnips and pruning the fruit trees and rebuilding everything  that has fallen down and stuff that for a game of soldiers.

My idea of gardening is to sit under a tree with a cup of coffee and tell everyone how I used to feed my family on the fresh produce gleaned from my mini Eden. All bollocks. As Madam was inclined to say, our major sources of protein in those days were the maggots in the apples.

Roll on autumn
Algerie Francais !