Main Menu

2 elections

Started by Nick, March 30, 2021, 08:45:14 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 02, 2021, 09:10:54 AM

Even if I were to support Ms Le Penn your contention would still be wide of the mark . As I had to spell out many times in the past Nationalism ,anti mass  immigration and Eurosceptism is not fascism .
Maybe not, but Le Pen's lot have always included many fascists and fascist sympathisers. That's the reality.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 02, 2021, 09:10:54 AM
My post srb was a brief take on whats happening in Germany and France . How you get from that my glee or support for fascism is beyond me .
Even if I were to support Ms Le Penn your contention would still be wide of the mark . As I had to spell out many times in the past Nationalism ,anti mass  immigration and Eurosceptism is not fascism .

As someone once said ,the problem with right wing populism is that its getting popular

As long as labour and their supporters keep misdiagnosing the "problem" as they see it streetwalker , they will continually be unable to formulate a solution.
Britain Elects
@BritainElects
·
30 Mar
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-1)
LAB: 32% (-2)
LDEM: 8% (+3)
GRN: 7% (-)
REFUK: 3% (-)

via @YouGov
, 25 - 26 Mar
Chgs. w/ 19 Mar
Britain Elects
@BritainElects
·
14h
Scottish parliament voting intention(s):

Constituency:
SNP: 49% (-1)
CON: 21% (-)
LAB: 20% (-)
LDEM: 9% (+1)

List:
SNP: 37% (-2)
LAB: 19% (-1)
CON: 18% (-1)
GRN: 11% (-)
LDEM: 8% (+1)
ALBA: 3% (+3)

via @Survation

Chgs. w/ 18 Mar

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on April 02, 2021, 08:43:48 AM
In the second round of the French elections the majority of the electorate will vote for the anyone but Le Pen candidate, whomever that may be. President in waiting? More like president in her dreams.

As for AfD in Germany, their poll ratings remain relatively low, and thinking of history none of the other parties will work with them. They are destined to remain a vocal but sidelined minority.

Though I cannot help but notice the glee with which our own right wingers hype the chances of these fascists, racists, and Nazis. They did the same in the 1930s. The Daily Mail back then was one of Hitler's biggest fans. History tells us - it was certainly so in Germany, Italy, and Spain - that the political right tend to be the enablers and eager supporters of fascism. And you are doing it again.

My post srb was a brief take on whats happening in Germany and France . How you get from that my glee or support for fascism is beyond me .

As someone once said ,the problem with right wing populism is that its getting popular

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 02, 2021, 08:34:22 AM
Germany likes coalition governments and the AfD at 10% is a bit short of getting involved . They are though after the other parties have huddled up the main 'opposition' .

France as we know is a different story Macron's approval rating is in a death spiral , Ms Le Penn is the president in waiting
In the second round of the French elections the majority of the electorate will vote for the anyone but Le Pen candidate, whomever that may be. President in waiting? More like president in her dreams.

As for AfD in Germany, their poll ratings remain relatively low, and thinking of history none of the other parties will work with them. They are destined to remain a vocal but sidelined minority.

Though I cannot help but notice the glee with which our own right wingers hype the chances of these fascists, racists, and Nazis. They did the same in the 1930s. The Daily Mail back then was one of Hitler's biggest fans. History tells us - it was certainly so in Germany, Italy, and Spain - that the political right tend to be the enablers and eager supporters of fascism. And you are doing it again.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Germany likes coalition governments and the AfD at 10% is a bit short of getting involved . They are though after the other parties have huddled up the main 'opposition' .

France as we know is a different story Macron's approval rating is in a death spiral , Ms Le Penn is the president in waiting

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on April 01, 2021, 09:21:48 PM
Pat has as his signature saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean all lives don't, or something like that.

Equally

Putting your own country and people first doesn't mean others don't matter either.

Please don't just assume people who are to the right are racist or fascist otherwise I will assume you are a communist.
So any opponent of far right fascists from the left must be a communist? Er.....yeah right, lol.

With lines like that you sound a bit like a fascist yourself, imagining everyone to the left of you is some kind of commie, lol

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on April 01, 2021, 02:32:07 PM
Because quite a lot of them would think twice about voting for a bunch of far right racist fascists, that's why they wouldn't.

Pat has as his signature saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean all lives don't, or something like that.

Equally

Putting your own country and people first doesn't mean others don't matter either.

Please don't just assume people who are to the right are racist or fascist otherwise I will assume you are a communist.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on April 01, 2021, 03:47:22 PM
True. Macron will get three votes in the first round and two of them will come from his mum. Then the French will realise that the alternative is Marine Le Pen, think merde and vote for some noisy, but harmless establishment noddy.
You exaggerate for humorous, as is your wont, but you are probably correct in the gist of what you say.

Le Pen's mob will probably garner a major protest vote and be one of the front runners because of it. So in the second round the French could end up with a choice between them and some establishmentarian joe. At this point a large majority of them will decide it is very real now and we cannot have the fascists in power so we must vote for the dreary establishmentarian.

All of which is just what you said but with much less humour on my part lol.

Nothing much is likely to change in this respect until or unless a viable radical left candidate makes it to the second round. At which point anything can happen. Because the elites with all their influence might well see the fascists as a lesser evil than a radical leftist, throwing their weight behind Le Pen. But which would the French people prefer? I think that is the kind of contest Le Pen herself would most welcome.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on March 30, 2021, 08:45:14 PM
I don't think the Europhiles out there really understand how flimsy the EU is.
2 elections, 1 in Germany and 1 in France and the whole thing is done. I haven't looked too closely at how the AFD are doing but there is a real chance that[highlight] Le Pen can give Macron a guide kicking.[/highlight] Everyone in France know what they would be getting if they vote her in: a referendum with a foregone conclusion of Frexit. And why wouldn't they?
I know le pen is female but isn't she getting on a bit to be in the girl guides......could be brown owl I suppose :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on April 01, 2021, 03:36:32 PM
Partly right, Steve.
What the French tend to do is make a big show in the first round, then move back to the establishment when it comes to the nitty gritty.
Germany can be more volatile, as we know.

True. Macron will get three votes in the first round and two of them will come from his mum. Then the French will realise that the alternative is Marine Le Pen, think merde and vote for some noisy, but harmless establishment noddy.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Partly right, Steve.
What the French tend to do is make a big show in the first round, then move back to the establishment when it comes to the nitty gritty.
Germany can be more volatile, as we know.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on March 30, 2021, 08:45:14 PM
2 elections, 1 in Germany and 1 in France and the whole thing is done. I haven't looked too closely at how the AFD are doing but there is a real chance that Le Pen can give Macron a guide kicking. Everyone in France know what they would be getting if they vote her in: a referendum with a foregone conclusion of Frexit. And why wouldn't they?
Because quite a lot of them would think twice about voting for a bunch of far right racist fascists, that's why they wouldn't.

Nick

2 elections, 1 in Germany and 1 in France and the whole thing is done. I haven't looked too closely at how the AFD are doing but there is a real chance that Le Pen can give Macron a guide kicking. Everyone in France know what they would be getting if they vote her in: a referendum with a foregone conclusion of Frexit. And why wouldn't they?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.