Will you wear a face mask beyond 21 June?

Started by Sheepy, March 31, 2021, 12:04:46 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

I will during flu seasons or if I am feeling unwell and have to go out.
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

Been Googling again PP? Google is your friend.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Happy fo all in Hastings to do as they wish — it's not a major U.K. entry or exit point. But it's not totally cut off from reality...

https://www.hastings.gov.uk/my-council/covid19/c19data/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on June 28, 2021, 12:18:32 PM
Much work still remains to be done to: improve vaccination uptake; promote continued use of other non-pharmaceutical interventions (eg, Hands, Face, Space);  and achieve better access to treatment. This is all to truly lower Covid-19 cases and deaths.
Despite the protestations of the selfish, stupid, and dependant or caring disabled , the fastest way there is not by discarding safety measures...
Meanwhile in the real world outside London where the ones left who haven't moved out to escape the place and driven up house prices around the south east and south west, nobody gives a flying one. Not shaking hands and elbow bumps is seen as a joke and wearing masks a known pointless exercise. Meanwhile the openly admitted fascists get their knickers in a right twist.
In fact I was talking to some of my new neighbours from London the other day and they said how lovely it was living in my road after being stuck in London for so long, people are much friendlier and life so much more relaxed, like I said don't get me wrong Hastings has its scrotes but compared with London which is full of them, it makes for a more peaceful and better way of life. They also thanked me for being the first to greet them.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Much work still remains to be done to: improve vaccination uptake; promote continued use of other non-pharmaceutical interventions (eg, Hands, Face, Space);  and achieve better access to treatment. This is all to truly lower Covid-19 cases and deaths.
Despite the protestations of the selfish, stupid, and dependant or caring disabled , the fastest way there is not by discarding safety measures...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

I don't wear one, because:

1. I didn't see many people wearing them in previous pandemics.
2. They are silly.
3. They are silly.
4. The correct method of protection, if you are running around in a field, is this......

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 01, 2021, 08:54:21 AM
Indeed but if it helps  granny get through her day with a little less stress its not really a hardship to slip one on .

After having gone through the weekly rugby scrum at the local Tesco yesterday  some wearing some not (masks that is ) my question would not be am I going to wear a mask but when are the pubs opening .

Round here, where Dickhead Drakeford decreed clothing non essential, more than one person has tried shopping without wearing sufficient ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 01, 2021, 08:11:45 AM

As I have pointed noted out, they do sod all to protect you unless they come equipped with a fully enclosed helmet and self contained breathing air.

So you can work out my answer fairly easily

Indeed but if it helps  granny get through her day with a little less stress its not really a hardship to slip one on .

After having gone through the weekly rugby scrum at the local Tesco yesterday  some wearing some not (masks that is ) my question would not be am I going to wear a mask but when are the pubs opening .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on March 31, 2021, 01:19:05 PM
Most of them around here I just say good Morning or afternoon in a cheery voice and they then want a conversation, but then we have a few strange ones, the other day I was walking down the road getting my allotted exercise when I was approaching a T junction a woman was coming up in her mask, so I stood back being polite as I am, when she got close, she said, don't come near I am feeling really unwell, as she was carrying a shopping bag and the local shop was opposite, I said I hope you aren't going into the shop then, which was returned with a foul look and she hurried into the shop.

As I have pointed noted out, they do sod all to protect you unless they come equipped with a fully enclosed helmet and self contained breathing air.

So you can work out my answer fairly easily
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on March 31, 2021, 01:09:29 PM
Ain't that the ethnic in the woodpile.

I like pottering about gobbing over the local wimps and hysterics, of whom my area has an ample supply. But Herself is asthmatic so any time we come close 8 years at sea kicks in and the basic rule of if it moves or doesn't, scrub it applies.

Apart from that, it has been quite a fun epidemic.   
Most of them around here I just say good Morning or afternoon in a cheery voice and they then want a conversation, but then we have a few strange ones, the other day I was walking down the road getting my allotted exercise when I was approaching a T junction a woman was coming up in her mask, so I stood back being polite as I am, when she got close, she said, don't come near I am feeling really unwell, as she was carrying a shopping bag and the local shop was opposite, I said I hope you aren't going into the shop then, which was returned with a foul look and she hurried into the shop.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on March 31, 2021, 01:09:29 PM

I like pottering about gobbing over the local wimps and hysterics, of whom my area has an ample supply. But Herself is asthmatic so any time we come close 8 years at sea kicks in and the basic rule of if it moves or doesn't, scrub it applies.

:) ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 31, 2021, 12:39:45 PM
As it happens sheeps if the advice is to do so I will,my OH has a severely dented immune system so I will do bloody handstands whilst singing rule brittania if I thought that helps,I don't need nor seek your approval and there's nothing wrong with my reasoning because the well being of her far outweighs anything to the contrary.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

As it happens sheeps if the advice is to do so I will,my OH has a severely dented immune system so I will do bloody handstands whilst singing rule brittania if I thought that helps,I don't need nor seek your approval and there's nothing wrong with my reasoning because the well being of her far outweighs anything to the contrary.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on March 31, 2021, 12:25:38 PM

Will you wear a face mask beyond 21 June?

Too bloody right I will.

Because of this flu the buses travel half empty, ramps are put out so that I can stumble onboard, the supermarket security usher me to the front any queue and one way and another I am going to miss this bug when it is gone. So I am going to creak around snorting and farting and masked up so as to keep this nonsense going for as long as possible.
Algerie Francais !