Boris says you will require a vaccination passport

Started by Sheepy, April 02, 2021, 12:05:39 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 04, 2021, 02:28:36 PM
Vaccine passes - they are the most illogical thing.
The government will give vaccine passports to people who have had both vaccinations.
They could allow people to attend events, perhaps?

However, both vaccinated and unvaccinated can both catch Covid, and pass it on, if infected.
So, who gave the government the authority to withdraw our rights to attend any event?
And, who gave the government a right to issue a vaccine passport?

Only we, the public, can give them that authority, and I don't remember ever giving authority for such a divisive and futile act.

The question is what harm does a covid passport do?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 04, 2021, 02:28:36 PM
The government will give vaccine passports to people who have had both vaccinations.

Attend events and travel abroad more easily.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on July 18, 2021, 07:20:40 AM
Do you also think we should have organ donation passports?  It's so selfish of people not to donate one lung to all the patients of lung cancer.  Why should they be allowed to let cancer patients die?  Are there any other rules in your medical tyranny utopia?  Forced blood donations (obviously only if you are under 80 and can stand up without collapsing), forced eye donations (as long as you have two, who needs both)?  Brain donation (obviously only half, you can choose left or right side) for anyone with an IQ that's higher than necessary?  Or did you already do that?
But it really doesn't matter if it works or not. it doesn't matter if you get blood clots or if it creates havoc with your DNA or if you can still catch covid, plus any Longterm effects, you have to believe what it says on the bottle, snake oil or not. You ain't going to keep buying the narrative unless you are a true believer.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

However, both vaccinated and unvaccinated can both catch Covid, and pass it on, if infected.
So, who gave the government the authority to withdraw our rights to attend any event?
And, who gave the government a right to issue a vaccine passport?

Only we, the public, can give them that authority, and I don't remember ever giving authority for such a divisive and futile act.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2021, 08:30:35 PM
I'm all for Covid passports, and them being required to enter wherever demands them — why should those who've been jabbed and tested and taken care of themselves be penalised and placed at risk because a selfish minority can't be arsed to be responsible.
Do you also think we should have organ donation passports?  It's so selfish of people not to donate one lung to all the patients of lung cancer.  Why should they be allowed to let cancer patients die?  Are there any other rules in your medical tyranny utopia?  Forced blood donations (obviously only if you are under 80 and can stand up without collapsing), forced eye donations (as long as you have two, who needs both)?  Brain donation (obviously only half, you can choose left or right side) for anyone with an IQ that's higher than necessary?  Or did you already do that?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on July 14, 2021, 05:43:51 PM
Being moved on by the police is not the same as being an escapee.
LOL very amusing.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2021, 08:30:35 PMI'm all for Covid passports, and them being required to enter wherever demands them

Not surprised, but you really are a Covid cult fanatic, Pat. I bet you have a blue heart on your Twitter profile.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 02, 2021, 05:11:53 PM
Is this the same Boris who said we wouldn't need vaccine passports, or that we should not prejudice people who have not been vaccinated?
I'm all for Covid passports, and them being required to enter wherever demands them — why should those who've been jabbed and tested and taken care of themselves be penalised and placed at risk because a selfish minority can't be arsed to be responsible. Barring them from clubs and pubs might put them straight. 

Now the govt's mind has changed and we can have (meaning need) vaccine passports, the UK is not accepting EU passports and plans are being made to recruit thousands of people to door knock and check inbound travellers are isolating. Same vaccines, same tests and same govt prevarication.   

I bet the EU will apply tit for tat measures unless it can get its act together...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on July 13, 2021, 03:41:45 PM
Yeah, London is such a spiffing place 5 out of 5 of my new neighbours are all escapees.

Being moved on by the police is not the same as being an escapee.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on July 13, 2021, 02:26:48 PM
I have been there Pat. Blacks on benefits and Poles looking for a patch of anywhere to sleep it off.

Surely your twin princesses deserve something better? Hyde Park, the National Gallery, the Festival Hall, the chance to meet some medical students?
Yeah, London is such a spiffing place 5 out of 5 of my new neighbours are all escapees.

patman post

Even Hyde Park has dossers, as do plenty of doorways around central London. And there's no rings of steel around WC2 and SE1 that stop us visiting — they're easily travelled, often with a single bus ride.
But Hackney has the most greenest space of any London borough — even though it lost part to the 2012 Olympics — and plenty of cultural interests that don't involve much travelling.
I'd just like all visitors to abide by the guidance for quelling Covid...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 13, 2021, 02:15:09 PM
.. that Ridley Road Market, The Hackney Empire,......

I have been there Pat. Blacks on benefits and Poles looking for a patch of anywhere to sleep it off.

Surely your twin princesses deserve something better? Hyde Park, the National Gallery, the Festival Hall, the chance to meet some medical students?
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on July 13, 2021, 02:05:42 PM
Well no, but you should be safe. Let us be honest Pat, who the f**k wants to visit Hackney?
Perhaps you hadn't realised — being stuck on your allotment — that Ridley Road Market, The Hackney Empire, London's oldest public park, Vortex were among many of Hackney's tourist attractions in pre-Covid days. I'm sure they will be again, but I'd prefer visitors and locals to conform to sensible Covid-lessening restrictions...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 13, 2021, 01:47:20 PM

Is there a petition to make this mandatory for any access to enclosed public space and public-facing personnel...?

Well no, but you should be safe. Let us be honest Pat, who the F@@@ wants to visit Hackney?
Algerie Francais !

patman post

It seems it's up to various functions and venues to decide if they want to restrict entry to customers and employees to those who have been vaccinated (and mask wearers).   
Seems fair enough — I'm all for keeping the potentially more-infectious away from me and mine.
Is there a petition to make this mandatory for any access to enclosed public space and public-facing personnel...?