Boris says you will require a vaccination passport

Started by Sheepy, April 02, 2021, 12:05:39 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on September 05, 2021, 10:04:00 PM
It's unnecessary illogical health discrimination. Would you think it OK to bar people from a night club who are HIV+ ?
It isn't illogical, if you want more control via covid, which nobody will admit is manmade, including the panic and following fear factor 10. It isn't illogical if you want to break every promise you made in a manifesto. It might be illogical for you because everything the Westminster party promised is being reversed by themselves. Under the guise of covid. The only illogical part is expecting no backlash.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 06, 2021, 08:43:29 AM
it recently saves you from having it put in you at gunpoint at some African border checkpoint .....

I am following someone on YouTube who is travelling around countries in the South of Africa at the moment. Whilst that has not happened (yet.) They are frequently being Covid tested, and also having to go through animal disease disinfection routines at road blocks in the middle of nowhere.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2021, 03:50:43 PM
The question is what harm does a covid passport do?

For a start, it gives you the false belief you are safe. I'm tired of repeating the words on the paperwork you get after the jab. Read it yourself.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2021, 06:00:07 PM
Worked in many countries where you need a Yellow Fever certificate for example. No difference as far as I am concerned.

Well, as a fellow sufferer, who didn't need to go out of the country to need the jab, as one needed it for my very English workplace, the only point in having that vaccine is the paper declaring you had it recently saves you from having it put in you at gunpoint at some African border checkpoint .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2021, 11:14:30 PM
A totally irrelevant point and you know it.
I thought it's obvious, but I'll explain.  Yellow stars didn't do any harm at all, but that's because the Nazis didn't just declare war on the Jews and go around shooting them.  In reality, things like that happen gradually so that people don't resist, like boiling a frog.  If you accept passports, they will be for much more than passing a port, and you know it.  And that means medical segregation, just like Jewish segregation, which was justified on grounds of them being dirty and diseased.  Now you are literally suggesting we should segregate the unvaccinated on grounds of the mere possibility (not evidenced) of them being diseased.  I suggest to you that if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it.  (People are being barred already, and the government want it).
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2021, 11:16:04 PM
Don't think anyone is being barred from anywhere, are they?

Proposed within the next few weeks no vaccination passport no entry to some venues. (Not been made clear yet.)
(Some events/venues are imposing that already, plus a negative Covid test within 36 hours of arrival.)

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 05, 2021, 10:04:00 PM
It's unnecessary illogical health discrimination. Would you think it OK to bar people from a night club who are HIV+ ?

Don't think anyone is being barred from anywhere, are they?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on September 05, 2021, 09:22:34 PM
Well, Nick, what harm did the yellow stars do on the jews?

A totally irrelevant point and you know it.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Well, Nick, what harm did the yellow stars do on the jews?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on September 05, 2021, 06:10:24 PM
Hysteria appears to be running riot there — so much so that little has anything to do with vaccination passports (or even common sense): organ donation is voluntary (my driving licence indicates my wishes); I can give blood if it's wanted; I can even donate my remains to medical science. Nobody's forcing me or stopping me. 

Meanwhile I'll be reassured if the medicos recommend Covid Vaccine Passports and I shall comply, and probably avoid locations and events that don't follow the recommendations. Likewise, if the advice is they're not necessary, but continued caution is advised, I'll still take note when making up my mind...

Yes, but should you be allowed into a supermarket if you haven't donated at least 1 eye?  I hope you're not so selfish to need both eyes.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2021, 06:00:07 PM
Worked in many countries where you need a Yellow Fever certificate for example. No difference as far as I am concerned.

Some countries require multiple vaccination certificates and the Foreign Office list recommended ones on top of those. So I really do not understand what the fuss is about.

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on July 18, 2021, 07:20:40 AM
Do you also think we should have organ donation passports?  It's so selfish of people not to donate one lung to all the patients of lung cancer.  Why should they be allowed to let cancer patients die?  Are there any other rules in your medical tyranny utopia?  Forced blood donations (obviously only if you are under 80 and can stand up without collapsing), forced eye donations (as long as you have two, who needs both)?  Brain donation (obviously only half, you can choose left or right side) for anyone with an IQ that's higher than necessary?  Or did you already do that?
Hysteria appears to be running riot there — so much so that little has anything to do with vaccination passports (or even common sense): organ donation is voluntary (my driving licence indicates my wishes); I can give blood if it's wanted; I can even donate my remains to medical science. Nobody's forcing me or stopping me. 

Meanwhile I'll be reassured if the medicos recommend Covid Vaccine Passports and I shall comply, and probably avoid locations and events that don't follow the recommendations. Likewise, if the advice is they're not necessary, but continued caution is advised, I'll still take note when making up my mind...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2021, 04:26:03 PM
Unless you are an antivaxxer, none as far as I can see.

papasmurf

Unless you are an antivaxxer, none as far as I can see.