Bringing the company you work for into disrepute.

Started by papasmurf, November 22, 2019, 08:31:17 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=6983 time=1574424282 user_id=69
Well you got mine :roll:

Would you sack them or not?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=6980 time=1574424022 user_id=69
Not wasting my time on this nonsense of yours its like trying to play cards with no cards.

I am merely asking for opinions.

Churchill

Not wasting my time on this nonsense of yours its like trying to play cards with no cards.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=6976 time=1574423561 user_id=69
As you have not explained what you mean how can anyone make a comment , just where are you going with this ?

I have explained a high public profile company employee who also has a high profile presence out-side of work does something offensive to many of the companies customers. That brings the company's reputation into disrepute. Is that a sacking matter?

Churchill

As you have not explained what you mean how can anyone make a comment , just where are you going with this ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=6969 time=1574418136 user_id=69
I understand the question but why do you ask it Papsmurf what sort of behaviour are you thinking about, or the company or organisation they work for represent is that relevant, a scatter gun approach to all or just specific ones you have in mind.

There are some people who are so offensive outside of work and publicly so it harms the company they work for corporate image.

(Prince Andrew being a sort of example, but not what I had in mind.)

Churchill

I understand the question but why do you ask it Papsmurf what sort of behaviour are you thinking about, or the company or organisation they work for represent is that relevant, a scatter gun approach to all or just specific ones you have in mind.

Javert

Probably depends whether it is in your work contract or work induction arrangements and you signed up to it when you joined the company.  If not, then usually not but it's often dangerous to make sweeping black and white statements as there will be outlier situations as well.

papasmurf

If you work for a company and you have a very public profile as part of your job, should what you do in your private life which also very public domain end up with bringing your employer into disrepute and be a sacking offence?