Keir Starmer visits homophobic church to lefty fury

Started by Thomas, April 03, 2021, 11:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

This is also worth a read.

850 congregations, mostly black Christians, are probably very disappointed by Starmer's apology. That Church is remarkably active doing great work in the community, also encouraging black people to be vaxed.

https://theweeflea.com/2021/04/08/sir-keir-starmers-apology-only-reveals-the-intolerance-of-our-so-called-diverse-society-ct/
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: patman post on April 08, 2021, 06:10:56 PM
Dermot King, the CEO of pub group Oakman Inns, has offered to forego his £250,000 government grant if his venues can be used as vaccination centres. 
Under the business grants scheme outlined by Rishi Sunak, Oakman Inns would have received over £250,000 over the next four months, but King would rather forego the grant to help the government pay for a quick roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine.
He would like to see pubs and restaurants being used as vaccination centres in order to be able to speed up the roll-out of the vaccine.
https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2021/01/pub-boss-urges-government-to-use-his-venues-as-vaccination-centres/  

I guess pubs are also frowned on because they serve spirits...

It s pathetic. Why should the fact that a building is put to more than one use be of concern, for any other reason than its sanitary condition?  Or for that matter the beliefs or practices of others that use the space at different times , as long as legal , be considered a reason to criticise anyone for visiting that place to have ,or view the vaccination program in process ?

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 08, 2021, 05:06:17 PM
In Stourbridge, they are using a spiritualist church as a vaccination centre. Somewhere I would never step foot in, as they have occult practices of attempting to contact the dead.
The local MP and the Birmingham Mayor have been applauding them on Twitter.
Double standards as usual.
Dermot King, the CEO of pub group Oakman Inns, has offered to forego his £250,000 government grant if his venues can be used as vaccination centres. 
Under the business grants scheme outlined by Rishi Sunak, Oakman Inns would have received over £250,000 over the next four months, but King would rather forego the grant to help the government pay for a quick roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine.
He would like to see pubs and restaurants being used as vaccination centres in order to be able to speed up the roll-out of the vaccine.
https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2021/01/pub-boss-urges-government-to-use-his-venues-as-vaccination-centres/  

I guess pubs are also frowned on because they serve spirits...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

In Stourbridge, they are using a spiritualist church as a vaccination centre. Somewhere I would never step foot in, as they have occult practices of attempting to contact the dead.
The local MP and the Birmingham Mayor have been applauding them on Twitter.
Double standards as usual.
† The end is nigh †

Good old

This has to be a warning to every politician .. If you want to visit a vaccination centre make sure it's not also used as a church. Or maybe a mosque. As people are not capable of realising the difference between one activity and the other.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on April 08, 2021, 11:01:14 AM
Here is what the church has to say about it:
https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/we-have-felt-prosecuted-judged-and-sentenced-unfairly-jesus-house-hits-back-after-sir-keir-starmer-apologises-for-visiting-church

Extract:Seems this hatred is a one way thing.
Dunno, but like I said, it is a matter of making sure that populism isn't dragged into the gutter with rest of politics, best they kick the shit out of each other with only themselves to point fingers at.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Here is what the church has to say about it:
https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/we-have-felt-prosecuted-judged-and-sentenced-unfairly-jesus-house-hits-back-after-sir-keir-starmer-apologises-for-visiting-church

Extract:
Quote"As a child growing up in a Commonwealth nation, one aspect of Great Britain which I found most admirable was its promotion of strong values, including fairness and justice," he said.

"Over the past 48 hours, I have been disturbed to see these values eroded, especially in the courtroom of social media; we have felt prosecuted, judged, and sentenced unfairly.

"Some of the language that has been directed at us can only be described as vile, abusive, hateful, and possibly criminal. It is tantamount to cyberbullying and the timing of this attack during Easter, one of the most important events in the Christian calendar, was particularly upsetting for us as a congregation. 

"But Easter is also a time of forgiveness, hope and reconciliation, so we are really keen that despite all that has happened, this can still be a gospel moment."
Seems this hatred is a one way thing.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on April 03, 2021, 09:57:35 PM
I don't speak for anyone, but myself.
What the Bible says is dependent on nothing.
You could read it in the original manuscripts, if you can read Koine Greek. It will say the same.
Whether you or I believe the Bible is actually irrelevant to what I wrote.

Quote from: Thomas on April 03, 2021, 05:20:31 PM
The christian churches are fairly easy targets for lefty bile that rarely if ever fight back against the latest lefty outrage barry.

Im just amused by the latest tactical blunder from our hero captain hindsight , and reading the comments on keir starmers twitter page and owen jones had me in absolute stitches.

Lefties getting in the sty with each other and getting all dirty tearing lumps out of one another is always fun to watch , but on a serious note as many said , you never hear a peep from the moral champions of the left when it comes to "homophobia" in a mosque.

I have said this  many a time with a straight face and full on belief , sir keir knight of the realm starmer has to be one of the poorest labour leaders i can recall in my entire life.

Michael foot had the best intent of the left at heart , and the manifesto to go with it , kinnock was a rabble rousing firebrand and forward thinker , and even wurzel had his pros and cons , none of them election winners of course.

...but starmer?

I can't think of one single thing this guy has going for him.

Someone  described starmer as a wet teabag , and that was possibly the least offensive comment i have heard about him. Boris johnson and his party must thank their lucky stars at the dimwits that are in charge of the labour party every day.

I guess some people don't get it, if you are rewriting history, then religion has to be rewritten with it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Nick on April 03, 2021, 09:43:39 PM
That is dependant on several things.

Firstly I'm not sure you can speak for every atheist and what they think, the Bible you have read is most likely in English so you are very much reliant on interpretation and translation. Finally you have to believe that God exists and has passed his views onto man kind to be recorded in the first place. That's a lot of if's.
I don't speak for anyone, but myself.
What the Bible says is dependent on nothing.
You could read it in the original manuscripts, if you can read Koine Greek. It will say the same.
Whether you or I believe the Bible is actually irrelevant to what I wrote.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on April 03, 2021, 04:35:30 PMIt is because the Bible states that practicing homosexuality is a sin.

That is dependant on several things.

Firstly I'm not sure you can speak for every atheist and what they think, the Bible you have read is most likely in English so you are very much reliant on interpretation and translation. Finally you have to believe that God exists and has passed his views onto man kind to be recorded in the first place. That's a lot of if's.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 03, 2021, 05:39:47 PM

Theres nowt queer as folk

Streetwalker i didnae know sir keir smoked.

Apparently all hell broke loose at the jesus house church in north london when he asked pastor Irukwu if he could "bum a fag".
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Streetwalker

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on April 03, 2021, 04:35:30 PM
As far as the atheists and antagonists go, every bible believing Christian Church will be labelled "homophobic".
It is because the Bible states that practicing homosexuality is a sin.

Perhaps Sir Keir is hoping to improve his ratings amongst Christians, as his ratings in general, are so poor.

The christian churches are fairly easy targets for lefty bile that rarely if ever fight back against the latest lefty outrage barry.

Im just amused by the latest tactical blunder from our hero captain hindsight , and reading the comments on keir starmers twitter page and owen jones had me in absolute stitches.

Lefties getting in the sty with each other and getting all dirty tearing lumps out of one another is always fun to watch , but on a serious note as many said , you never hear a peep from the moral champions of the left when it comes to "homophobia" in a mosque.

I have said this  many a time with a straight face and full on belief , sir keir knight of the realm starmer has to be one of the poorest labour leaders i can recall in my entire life.

Michael foot had the best intent of the left at heart , and the manifesto to go with it , kinnock was a rabble rousing firebrand and forward thinker , and even wurzel had his pros and cons , none of them election winners of course.

...but starmer?

I cant think of one single thing this guy has going for him.

Someone  described starmer as a wet teabag , and that was possibly the least offensive comment i have heard about him. Boris johnson and his party must thank their lucky stars at the dimwits that are in charge of the labour party every day.

patman post

There often appear to be contradictions in the Bible — in this case, how about the instructions on The Mount and Turning the Other Cheek...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...